Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Hammond To Reading?

Probably have the move already lined up, but it won't go through until we have signed a CM.

I was thinking this.

It might actually be a positive sign if we are prepared to let Hammond leave as hopefully that means there are some higher quality reinforcements on the way.

We're more than fine at RB. I'd say it's one of our most covered positions.

Really.

Moore needs to establish himself at centre-back, that's the position we should be playing him, as for Wasilewski, can you imagine having to play him at right-back and Konchesky at left-back :thumbdown:

Shows with the teams Nigel put out over the last two days, of an out and out right-back, James Pearson is our only back-up. 

I hope this means we can now make an offer for Mariusz Dedryuka from Legia Warsaw ;) /kingfox

Does he already live on Western Road?

Probably the name of some Polish mate you have.

However on midfielders, if Hammond goes, yes these Osasuna pair have reported to be scouted, but I'd love Carlos Sanchez from Elche, would literally be the ideal and perfect signing, could get him for £4 million

Really.

Moore needs to establish himself at centre-back, that's the position we should be playing him, as for Wasilewski, can you imagine having to play him at right-back and Konchesky at left-back :thumbdown:

Shows with the teams Nigel put out over the last two days, of an out and out right-back, James Pearson is our only back-up.

RDL is first choice. If he's injured then Moore can fill in for one or two games. If both are injured then Wasyl can come in.

If RDL and Moore get injured for a long period then I'm sure well loan someone. Until then there is no need.

RDL is first choice. If he's injured then Moore can fill in for one or two games. If both are injured then Wasyl can come in.

If RDL and Moore get injured for a long period then I'm sure well loan someone. Until then there is no need.

Not an ideal situation in my opinion.

De Laet needs proper competition, yes he has improved but in the Prem, defensively he could well be a car crash.

Moore yes can cover, but Wasilewski no way.

Nearly all teams have four full-backs in their side, really we only have 3 atm.

He's clearly not gonna be playing that much for us this season. However some people fail to realise that he offer's great leadership and experience and as mentioned he's a nice guy.

Would be happy if we replaced him with somebody who has more Premiership exp who would come in and fit into the Pearson dynamics of signing players.

I'll be criticised for saying this but I actually hope we keep hold of Dean Hammond. 

He's dependable and willing to put in 100% when he's rarely called upon. He wasn't ditched by Southampton as soon as they were promoted. He moved on once the club started building to finish in the top ten. There's a huge difference in quality between that Europa League chasing Southampton side a newly promoted Leicester side.

Finally, we only have 4 midfielders. Hammond isn't as 'exciting' as Drinkwater but he does a job. I'd rather have an 'average' dependable player than an unknown talent from a different league. 

I'm sure Leicester have a long-term plan, long-term means changing the team gradually. I really don't think it's necessary.

For some players such as Hammond, Konchesky and Upson it's not all about what they do on the pitch.

We have overal a very young squad and with those three you know what you get, a good solid professional. Which is exactly what the likes of Knockaert Mahrez Moore Schluup etc need to see around the squad.

It's not actually a very young squad, though. Average age is only marginally below the average age for the league. Our problem may well be a lack of experience - and, more specifically, experience of success at this level (is a player who has been relegated from the PL with 2-3 different clubs experienced, or just a proven failure?) - and Hammond has absolutely no experience of top flight football. Less, even, than Schmeichel, De Laet, Wood.

Kingfox makes a good shout there in Carlos Sanchez - assume he's the Colombian international? He looked very good in the World Cup as a holding midfielder. You'd think we could attract a player from Elche too.

Carlos Sanchez has some really dodgy third party ownership issues I think. Not worth getting involved.

I do feel we could do with a Hammond upgrade. A holding midfielder, someone to play away from home and come in to see a game out. Not sure 'Deano' has the required quality to be honest.

I know any number with the number 4 in it is unlucky throughout Asia.. Not sure about Thailand but I know the Chinese hate the number... It means "Death" or something.... They miss out 4 14 24 34 40-49 etc etc in most buildings!

So you have a point.... Though not what you meant! haha.

14 is the worst as it certain languages it sounds like "want to die" or something!... Maybe why we don't have a number 14 player.

But I'm pretty sure not many Asians will have Drinkwater or Knockaert on their shirts!

You should not quote your Lotto numbers now we can all use them lol lol

Are we really going to start a campaign in the Premiership with this midfield? Drinkwater for sure, James ok..but King and Hammond as the back up?

Christ..

My concern with you post is the 'James ok' bit.

Are you saying you think James is only ok?

My concern with you post is the 'James ok' bit.

Are you saying you think James is only ok?

Yes, I think James will do 'ok' in the Prem. He won't pull up any trees, I suspect, but will be capable at that level.

Drinkwater, I'm expecting to really shine. The other two.. Not good enough back up IMO.

Yes, I think James will do 'ok' in the Prem. He won't pull up any trees, I suspect, but will be capable at that level.

Drinkwater, I'm expecting to really shine. The other two.. Not good enough back up IMO.

I think James deserves a bit more credit for his ability than that, drinky plays the way he does because of the partnership they have together.

I'll agree the Danny is the better of the two but I think matty is of equal importance.

As for king and Hammond, I think king cloud cope, Hammond, yeah no chance we need to be looking at someone else.

Kingfox makes a good shout there in Carlos Sanchez - assume he's the Colombian international? He looked very good in the World Cup as a holding midfielder. You'd think we could attract a player from Elche too.

Thanks.

I think we need another midfielder anyway, regardless if Hammond leaves or not. Sanchez looked very good at the World Cup, I saw somewhere Elche are asking for £4m. I also wouldn't mind looking at James McArthur, we could get him for about £3m or Jordan Veretout as we all know Pearson likes his French players, good young central midfielder currently playing for Nantes could possibly get him for about £5m

These prices are realistic for us now, we paid £8 million for Ulloa, we can surely pay a few million for a couple of players.

We can't loan outside of transfer windows.

No loans in the prem after the window shuts so both have to be injured before the end of August.

Archived