Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Classic films you don't rate.

The Deer Hunter and Raging Bull.

Nothing against Robert De Niro but I didn't care about any of the characters or what happened to them.

Glengary Glen Ross.

Ridiculous dialogue, might have worked as a play but it was a crap film.

Also I thought 'Wolf of Wall Street' was shite but that might just be because of all the LADS on social media spouting stuff like "totally reminded me of me in the Estate Agents job in Kings Lynn lols innit".

Except "Paint your Wagon". Nothing with Lee Marvin and Clint eastwood in it can be considered crap.

Agreed

Any of the Star Wars films.

I like them

Lost in Translation - the most overrated, self-indulgent tripe I've seen.

Shawshank Redemption - good score and decent performances but rather on the mawkish side.

Enjoyed shawshank redemption

Also I thought 'Wolf of Wall Street' was shite but that might just be because of all the LADS on social media spouting stuff like "totally reminded me of me in the Estate Agents job in Kings Lynn lols innit".

agreed

The Matrix & Bladerunner - both very over-rated imo

Matrix maybe but Bladerunner is a true classic.

Rutger hauer and Harrison Ford - great

The Deer Hunter and Raging Bull.

Nothing against Robert De Niro but I didn't care about any of the characters or what happened to them.

Glengary Glen Ross.

Ridiculous dialogue, might have worked as a play but it was a crap film.

The Russian roulette scenes are good entertainment in the Deer Hunter but the first hour of the film is mind-numbing. It would be much better if it was an hour shorter.

It's A Wonderful Life is overrated IMO.

Lost in Translation - the most overrated, self-indulgent tripe I've seen.

Shawshank Redemption - good score and decent performances but rather on the mawkish side.

Completely agree with Shawshank, I enjoyed it but it was missing that gritty aspect to have it be considered a classic in my eyes.

Lord of the Rings is a tedious advert for a pointless country, I don't get why anyone likes it.

I love it, probably because I never expected that they would be able to make it do justice to the book.

Archived