Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Classic films you don't rate.

Surely no "Singin' in the Rain" AMAZING film!?

Crash: Crash.jpg?width=625&height= or Crash: crash1.jpg

For me (and I'm now 410 through the Empire top 500 films (circa 2008):

Bladerunner

2001; A Space Odyssey

Dr. Strangelove et. al

A Clockwork Orange

Manhattan

Brazil

Blue Velvet

The French Connection

Don't Look now

And ANYTHING by Terence Malick

Just confirms you have no taste what so ever. 

2001: A Space Odyssey

I think you really need to read the book to get the film. The book is very much about what's going on in people's heads - which without the use of out-of-place voice-overs is tricky) - and Bowman is on his own for a good part of the story, but I think Kubrick does an excellent job of getting the actors to act what they are thinking. It's a film of nuances.

How is Bladerunner shit lol, unless you have absolutely no ability to appreciate good fiction and clever writing.  

I've never managed to sit through more than 20 minutes. It just really grates.

Philadelphia - Just dull. Won an Oscar for best picture too.  Absolute dross.

The Green Mile - Overrated and overlong.

Harry Potter films.

Lord of the Rings trilogy. Don't get the hype. Found them boring.

Easy Rider.

You've got no soul. Takes me all my time not to cry at that film.

You've got no soul. Takes me all my time not to cry at that film.

Oh I did cry. Tears of boredom... :D

Oh and how can people not like Wolf of Wall Street.  one of the best films made for years. The bit where they have the old drugs and go into meltdown is one of the funniest 10 minutes of film I have seen.  Also the wanking scene at the beach house is hilarious too. :nono:

Just confirms you have no taste what so ever. 

I've now watched it twice, and still bores me to tears... I think I just tune out as I still really can't tell you what happens - Apart from Rutger Hauer in the rain, some boring Han Solo stuff and an Origami unicorn?

Even the 'homage' of it for Red Dwarf IX was crap too!

Point Break for me, for years I heard so much hype about it plus the idea of having both Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze in the same movie sounds great, but after finally watching one evening a few years ago I was pretty disappointed. I dunno I was got that feeling that something was missing from the film, maybe it was because I went into it with too much expectation. The famous chase scene where Keanu Reeves fires the gun in the air is pretty cool but that's about it really. Reeves is in all honesty a terrible actor, normally I avoid his films like the plague but i thought maybe with Swayze they maybe some good chemistry, but sadly I think this is probably also Swayze's weakest performance for me, him playing a baddie is quite unconvincing. I've only watch the film twice but that was some years ago, so maybe I need to watch again soon perhaps my opinion might change. 

Oh and how can people not like Wolf of Wall Street. one of the best films made for years. The bit where they have the old drugs and go into meltdown is one of the funniest 10 minutes of film I have seen. Also the wanking scene at the beach house is hilarious too. :nono:

Wolf of wall street is easily one of the absolute worst films ever. Leo's worst too. Yes including titanic

Wolf of wall street is easily one of the absolute worst films ever. Leo's worst too. Yes including titanic

It's considered a 'great' film by some because of the cast and that it has t**s, money and drugs. Usually by the same people who consider any film which has a big budget as a 'great'. 

Are the Harry Potter films deemed as classic yet?

Because they're all shit.

The first three were great but the series went downhill from the forth movie. The franchise took an even darker tone and the style of directing made the films feel pretty depressing. How anti-climatic was The Deathly Hallows, part one is so boring and i think you could skip that movie and go onto part two and you wouldn't have missed much. 

Oh and how can people not like Wolf of Wall Street.  one of the best films made for years. The bit where they have the old drugs and go into meltdown is one of the funniest 10 minutes of film I have seen.  Also the wanking scene at the beach house is hilarious too. :nono:

Now I understand why you don't like the LOTR and Harry Potter movies.

Wolf of Wall street was a movie for adolescent wankers.

I've now watched it twice, and still bores me to tears... I think I just tune out as I still really can't tell you what happens - Apart from Rutger Hauer in the rain, some boring Han Solo stuff and an Origami unicorn?

Even the 'homage' of it for Red Dwarf IX was crap too!

Right your gonna have to help me out here, as Han Solo and Rick Deckard are probably about as two different Harrison Ford characters you can get.

Just seems to me you've not got the attention span for it which is your fault not the films.

Right your gonna have to help me out here, as Han Solo and Rick Deckard are probably about as two different Harrison Ford characters you can get.

Just seems to me you've not got the attention span for it which is your fault not the films.

Exactly, one has charisma, charm a sense of life... the other is just awfully tedious. 

As I've said about all of the 'classic' I don't like, I won't deny they may good films, but for some reason or other I just don't get on with them. 

Archived