Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Ched Evans Wins Appeal But Faces Retrial

I'm sure there will be outrage on twitter/social media for a week or two then people will move onto the next thing they're super passionate about.

He's just going to have to deal with fans at the grounds for a while as they will have longer memories ha.

Not if corporate sponsors have any say in this matter, and they are again proving they do.

Guest MattP

Not if corporate sponsors have any say in this matter, and they are again proving they do.

According to the press Evans girlfriends father is saying he'll cover any sponsorship loss the club incurs over signing him.

He owns a massive jewellery chain here and has some serious dosh.

Most of the sponsors couldn't give a rats ass (some of course will). But as someone who works in marketing, I know many of those who go to the press showing outrage and telling the press they will withdraw sponsorship etc, quite often do so because it's lots of free national positive marketing for them.

There WILL be someone else more than willing to take their place as sponsors. Rightly or wrongly that's the shit that goes on and I've seen it first hand.

Most of the sponsors couldn't give a rats ass (some of course will). But as someone who works in marketing, I know many of those who go to the press showing outrage and telling the press they will withdraw sponsorship etc, quite often do so because it's lots of free national positive marketing for them.

There WILL be someone else more than willing to take their place as sponsors. Rightly or wrongly that's the shit that goes on and I've seen it first hand.

Agreed, I was talking about this earlier. The minute any club do something slightly controversial, the sponsor cuts ties and gets their name in places they'd never manage to otherwise. It'd be stupid not to.

According to the press Evans girlfriends father is saying he'll cover any sponsorship loss the club incurs over signing him.

He owns a massive jewellery chain here and has some serious dosh.

lol imagine supporting him financially when he's cheated on your daughter by raping another woman. What a strange bloke.

He's done his time, fair play to Oldham for having the balls to sign him.

At the end of the day, he'll score goals.

If you were in their position and a striker like him came knocking, a striker that WILL score and will give you a very good chance of getting into the play-offs, you wouldn't turn it down.

Things like petitions only really get signed by feminists, they don't give a true reflection on what the Oldham fans think. It'll be interesting to see what happens if he does sign for them and play.

If you were in their position and a striker like him came knocking, a striker that WILL score and will give you a very good chance of getting into the play-offs, you wouldn't turn it down.

Things like petitions only really get signed by feminists, they don't give a true reflection on what the Oldham fans think. It'll be interesting to see what happens if he does sign for them and play.

What absolute ****ing nonsense.

Sheff Utd did, even f*****g Hartlepool did and many others too if you believe what Sky Sports say. Where would you draw your subjective moral line on a half decent footballer with a criminal history? 

Accidental Partridge.

Guest MattP

It's not really though if you are referring to the last line.

If you have a look at the any of the 'Stop Ched Evans' facebook pages or Twitter accounts it's pretty clear there is a pretty substantial feminist movement behind it. That's why a lot of people think there is some slight hypocrisy in this people, they spend all year shouting and screaming for women to be judged completely equally on all levels but then completely changed the tune when it comes to getting drunk and having sex. Then's it's up to you Mr to prove she consented.

As for the Oldham fans, they sang and cheered for Lee Hughes, Ched Evans isn't going to be a problem is he?

About time somebody signed him, he has been released, served the time that the courts deemed right for him to serve, so why shouldn't he be allowed to sign for someone.

He's served what the court deemed right custodially, he hasn't served his sentence per se. He is still on parole on subject to those conditions. I accept your opinion that he is entitled to be welcomed back into football if somebody choses to sign him, but the point about his serving his time is wrong in the literal sense.

Now he's actually signed for somebody, I think some of the light on him will start to dim. Give it 2 weeks, when he's started playing again, and it'll have blown over

Agreed. In two weeks these feminists will move on to some unknown UKIP councillor for making a remark about breastfeeding or some shit.

It's not really though if you are referring to the last line.

If you have a look at the any of the 'Stop Ched Evans' facebook pages or Twitter accounts it's pretty clear there is a pretty substantial feminist movement behind it. That's why a lot of people think there is some slight hypocrisy in this people, they spend all year shouting and screaming for women to be judged completely equally on all levels but then completely changed the tune when it comes to getting drunk and having sex. Then's it's up to you Mr to prove she consented.

As for the Oldham fans, they sang and cheered for Lee Hughes, Ched Evans isn't going to be a problem is he?

Except that's not what it's about at all.

Thanks for your input.

It's an argument that only really has two sides. 

He's served his time and is a goalscorer, he'll do well for them.

If you're referring to the last line then i'm afraid you're wrong. The woman behind the petitions is a self proclaimed 'radical feminist' who blogs to her fanbase which accounts for a massive proportion of the vote.

Sheff Utd did, even f*****g Hartlepool did and many others too if you believe what Sky Sports say. Where would you draw your subjective moral line on a half decent footballer with a criminal history? 

Accidental Partridge.

True, if reports are to be believed clubs will turn him down. Although I think the threat of sponsors pulling out is a bigger worry for clubs. Oldham's sponsors have, on the whole, not said anything against it.

Where would I draw the line? Well personally, and this'll wind some people up, there are varying degrees of malice in rape and I totally agree with the poster that said it's wrong to brand him "rapist" as that puts him in the same category as knife wielding loonatics, which he clearly isn't. He ****ed someone who couldn't remember it. How does she have the right to say what happened when she can't remember? For me, both Ched and the female were in the wrong but Ched is the one hounded out for his side of the mistake. If reports are to be believed, she has history and she sounds like a nasty piece of work.

I didn't think that Lee Hughes should have had another chance. I had an argument on /r/soccer the other day with someone who tried to tell me that Ched Evan's incident was way worse than Hughes'. Which I found ludicrous. So I suppose that gives an indication to 'the line'.

what this case has shown us is that it is ok to start playing again if you killed a husband and father, as 2 separate people have done, but not OK if you are convicted of statutory rape

The Shadow Sports Minister has written to the government asking it to stop him from playing.

What the actual fvck.

politicians trying to get free press shock

Guest MattP

The Shadow Sports Minister has written to the government asking it to stop him from playing.

What the actual fvck.

lol

Labour - turning a blind eye to 1,400 children being raped for Muslim votes but demanding Ched Evans can't play football after being released from prison.

I'm referring to this specific case when I say that.

But she didn't go back to the hotel with Ched, drunk, then "cry rape."

It became apparent Evans had let himself, sober, in to a room in which she was drunk and vulnerable and the police found this worrying enough to investigate and press charges.

This isn't some normal situation, it isn't "some honest lad" being accused of something sordid after a "harmless" one night stand.

It's a guy being convicted of raping a paralytic girl he'd never seen before except to step over her on the floor or a kebab shop.

Archived