Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Ched Evans Wins Appeal But Faces Retrial

Find it strange how Cheds girlfriends father is supporting him by paying for his website etc. 

If I'd have cheated with some lass in a hotel room (rape or not) Id expect my bollocks to be nailed to my forehead by my missus Dad.

There's sort of two issues, the fact he might not be guilty and the fact that if he was completely guilty would it be right for him to play football again?

I've not read anything to make me think he should have been found guilty although his actions put his character into question.

If I genuinely thought he was a rapist, I don't think I would want him at the club. I didn't want us to sign Marlon King, I'm glad we no longer have Joe Mattock. However, I don't really like the idea of anonymous militant feminists and risk averse morally ambiguous corporate sponsors deciding who a club should sign.

Drink driving is a tricky one. Our Wes had an incident where there was a suspicion of alcohol involved. But nobody was killed. Therefore, as with many driving offences, the punishment and stigma often follows the consequences of drink driving rather than the act itself. I don't really like that attitude.

It is an interesting question would he be currently playing football now if he had played the game accepted guilt (someone said he would have been out earlier if he had not sure myself) apologised profusely and repeatedly donated a huge chunk of money to rape victim charities and begged forgiveness.

I think the hardest part for people to accept is that he won't do that and he is adamant he is innocent. Which if anything makes me think he did believe he had consent, which he is what he has been found guilty, not that she didn't give consent but that he didn't believe he had valid consent.

Now if someone starts telling me what I did and didn't think at the time and I know they are wrong I would fight to clear my name. Even if it does mean cutting off my nose to spite my face. Being found innocent is more important to him than his career and I do hope his case is reviewed and he is found not guilty as I don't see how anyone can say without doubt that Evans didn't believe he had consent.

But until that happens I think he should give up his quest for a club and get out of the media spotlight for a while and keep his head down.

Find it strange how Cheds girlfriends father is supporting him by paying for his website etc.

If I'd have cheated with some lass in a hotel room (rape or not) Id expect my bollocks to be nailed to my forehead by my missus Dad.

I thought this was odd too

Same. very strange. Even weirder his girlfriend is still with him.

Wasnt there a GK (might have been Carlisle UTd) who killed 2 young lads in a drink drive accident a few years back?
He ended up playing footy again after his prison release.

Why is this so different?

NOt sticking up for Ched but just asking?

Wasnt there a GK (might have been Carlisle UTd) who killed 2 young lads in a drink drive accident a few years back?

There isn't, if a club wants to sign Ched evans they can, but just like the other person you mentioned that club will have to accept fans and the general public might not like it.  I

Luke McCormick?

Luke McCormick?

Your right Wookie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696973/Plymouth-Argyle-attack-appointing-killer-drink-driver-goalkeeper-clubs-new-captain.html

Im just being devils advoacte but surely if Luke can carry on with his chosen career after serving a sentance for KILLING 2 boys,then doesnt Ched?

Thats all Ched knows,why is EVERYONE on the bandwagon to not let him play again?

Marlon played didnt he?

I dont know,it all seems abit BAndwagon jumpyon for me.

On the other side IF he raped a BLOKE how would the footballing community feeel then?

He wouldnt have got a bloody look in would he?

There isn't, if a club wants to sign Ched evans they can, but just like the other person you mentioned that club will have to accept fans and the general public might not like it.  I

This is the crux of it. No one is legally stopping a club from signing him (apart from foreign clubs) but there will be issues if they do and it's up to the club involved to decide whether it is viable.

Your right Wookie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696973/Plymouth-Argyle-attack-appointing-killer-drink-driver-goalkeeper-clubs-new-captain.html

Im just being devils advoacte but surely if Luke can carry on with his chosen career after serving a sentance for KILLING 2 boys,then doesnt Ched?

Thats all Ched knows,why is EVERYONE on the bandwagon to not let him play again?

Marlon played didnt he?

I dont know,it all seems abit BAndwagon jumpyon for me.

On the other side IF he raped a BLOKE how would the footballing community feeel then?

He wouldnt have got a bloody look in would he?

Agreed, the feminists have really jumped on Ched, that's the only difference with this case. They don't make a fuss about other similar or worse cases but a chance to make some noise about the male race and they're loving it. Mob rule indeed with the death threats they've been leaving.

Another player to add to the list is Clayton. If Ched can't play football for having drunken sex with a drunken girl who couldn't remember a lot about it, why can Clayton play football when he had sex with the same drunken girl with her same drunken memory 5 minutes earlier?

Google Karl massey

he is cheds gf dad

a multi millionaire who's financing cheds appeal and website.

How the fook can a future dad in law fund his future son in law when he fooked some bird even if he didn't rape her?

Cheds gf and dad seem very idiot to me

Only mistake here is he didn't wait for justice to run it's course , if he failed in his review of the conviction then he had to apologise and take the nessicary steps towards rehabilitation and then he would have had a chance at getting a team again

The PFA , Evans himself and the FA have made a right horlicks of this , a right balls up

I strongly believe the conviction WILL be quashed , not because he is innocent of any crime but because there are fundamental flaws in the arguments to convict and the Twitter account of the "victim" seems to offer a serious insight into her thinking on the matter.

Also there seems to be strong rumours 3 people are in line for £10,000 payments for assisting evens garnet evidence that discredits the "victim" and the case

His arrogance that led him into that mess doesn't seem to have rescinded much after his stay in a state hostel

BUT being arrogant doesn't make one a rapist

Ross McCormack killed two children and returned , he showed real remorse and shame

Evans will either be cleared , or have to the same

Interesting to see how this plays out

Only mistake here is he didn't wait for justice to run it's course , if he failed in his review of the conviction then he had to apologise and take the nessicary steps towards rehabilitation and then he would have had a chance at getting a team again

The PFA , Evans himself and the FA have made a right horlicks of this , a right balls up

I strongly believe the conviction WILL be quashed , not because he is innocent of any crime but because there are fundamental flaws in the arguments to convict and the Twitter account of the "victim" seems to offer a serious insight into her thinking on the matter.

Also there seems to be strong rumours 3 people are in line for £10,000 payments for assisting evens garnet evidence that discredits the "victim" and the case

His arrogance that led him into that mess doesn't seem to have rescinded much after his stay in a state hostel

BUT being arrogant doesn't make one a rapist

Ross McCormack killed two children and returned , he showed real remorse and shame

Evans will either be cleared , or have to the same

Interesting to see how this plays out

Didn't realise Ross McCormack was a killer. Disgusting !

I don't quite understand why Evans appears to still be trying to discredit the victim or why he thinks the tweets were even relevant. One thing in a case like this is that your legal team will tell you to absolutely not to do these things as rightly or wrongly, character has an influence on juries decision making.

He might not be a rapist but the facts that even he and Clayton don't dispute should be reason to be apologetic.

Clayton found a 19 year old girl alone in a drunken state and convinced her to get into a taxi with him and come to his hotel room where he had sex with her. Ched allowed himself into the room uninvited and then immediately began having sex with the girl who he'd never met. They then left her there to wake up disorientated with no way of getting back home. (She'd told Clayton she didn't have her handbag).

Then there is the case that the victim didn't claim she was raped anyway. Ched was prosecuted because there was considered enough circumstantial evidence and based on his and Clayton's own statements. Even if the victim is pleased to receive some form of compensation for the rape and for the breach of anonymity, it doesn't matter. It just really doesn't. 

By his initial reaction of extreme arrogance and campaign to discredit the victim, he was always begging a jury to convict him, nobody likes to see a smug scumbag waltz out of court.

I don't quite understand why Evans appears to still be trying to discredit the victim or why he thinks the tweets were even relevant. One thing in a case like this is that your legal team will tell you to absolutely not to do these things as rightly or wrongly, character has an influence on juries decision making.

He might not be a rapist but the facts that even he and Clayton don't dispute should be reason to be apologetic.

Clayton found a 19 year old girl alone in a drunken state and convinced her to get into a taxi with him and come to his hotel room where he had sex with her. Ched allowed himself into the room uninvited and then immediately began having sex with the girl who he'd never met. They then left her there to wake up disorientated with no way of getting back home. (She'd told Clayton she didn't have her handbag).

Then there is the case that the victim didn't claim she was raped anyway. Ched was prosecuted because there was considered enough circumstantial evidence and based on his and Clayton's own statements. Even if the victim is pleased to receive some form of compensation for the rape and for the breach of anonymity, it doesn't matter. It just really doesn't.

By his initial reaction of extreme arrogance and campaign to discredit the victim, he was always begging a jury to convict him, nobody likes to see a smug scumbag waltz out of court.

In her statement the girl says.

I was tipsy and but well in control of my actions.

She supposedly said lick me out and **** me harder..

A quick read from this week's Spectator.

A new name to help us welcome in the new year: Jean Hatchet. A name which is almost certainly too good to be true for a perpetually infuriated radical feminist — much as, say, Roz Termagant or Betty Hitler would be. It is a pseudonym, apparently. Ms Hatchet — I assume that is the title she would prefer, although Mx is catching on quite quickly — is the woman behind the petitions to prevent the footballer and convicted rapist Ched Evans from earning a living from his trade.

The first petition was got up when Evans began training with his former club, Sheffield United — who quickly washed their hands of him as a consequence of the publicity. There was a sort of furore.

The actual number of people who felt so angry that Evans should be allowed to work for a living at his chosen profession were very small indeed — Hatchet’s latest petition contains just 30,000 signatures, a mere microdot in today’s world of click-democracy. But the issue had become politicised and the subtext now read: if you are in favour of Ched Evans playing professional football again, then you are in favour of rape.

To argue that he has served the required amount of his sentence is also to be in favour of rape, and in favour of rapists and in favour of sexual violence per se. And so this laughable, stupid and fatuous premise has terrified the politicians, who have now, of course, become involved. None of them dare suggest that one of the purposes of prison is to rehabilitate and that the best possible outcome for a former prisoner is that he should go straight into a job (rather than on to benefits).

One of the ironies is that the people who have signed these various petitions are more usually lenient on the issue of criminal justice — unless it is a crime to which they particularly object. Burglary, armed robbery, manslaughter, drug dealing etc. — they’re OK. Crimes against women and any racist stuff — nope, no rehabilitation, you’re scum and that’s that. Oh, and homophobia.

Scum he may well be. Don’t know the bloke. Once Sheffield United had ditched him, most other league clubs ran a mile. Hartlepool, rooted eight points adrift at the very bottom of the bottom division, showed a vague interest and then swiftly bailed. Then Oldham Athletic fancied taking him on — and they have form when it comes to the rehabilitation of offenders. Oldham employed another striker, Lee Hughes, when he had been released from prison for killing someone as a consequence of dangerous driving — there was, of course, no petition designed to prevent them. Nor have there been petitions against the multitude of other ex-offenders plying their trade in the football league. Just Ched Evans.

The arguments against Evans playing football again are so vacuous as to be beyond parody; it is a froth of fashionable PC outrage, and odious in its implications. First, it is alleged that in playing football, rather than being a plumber or a taxidermist, Evans is in a position of ‘influence’. Really? Playing football for a third-rate team in front of 5,000 supporters?

The objectors insist that he can carry on playing football — just not for a team anyone has heard of, which is sort of mad. They also say he can get a job — but not the one he wants to do and is qualified to do. Is it possible to be more utterly ludicrous and petty? Next, they insist that he did not serve his full sentence and is therefore on licence, rather than properly at liberty. Well yes, but that applies to almost everyone released from prison. Are we to say that none of them should work? Or work only where Jean Hatchet and a bunch of moronic columnists decide is suitable? Where do you think he should clock in, Jean and friends? Why not drop him a line and explain what work you think is suitable for someone who has recently come out of prison. And then do the same thing to the other few hundred thousand people in a similar situation: you decide where they can work and how much they can earn.

Then there is the allegation that he has shown no remorse; he has not said sorry to his victim. I am not aware of this stipulation being raised in any other case.

The reason he has not apologised is that he does not think that he is guilty, and his lawyers have lodged an appeal with the Criminal Cases Review Commission, so he would be ill advised to say sorry. In a civilised country you would expect people to be delighted that he was now about to be offered full-time, remunerative work after leaving prison.

One air-headed columnist suggested that even though he had served his sentence, the woman he raped would have to live with his crime her entire life and, therefore, so should he. Ergo, he should not be allowed to play professional football. But what of the victims of muggers, killers, robbers, burglars? Do they not continue to suffer? Should we stop all criminals working on account of the legacy of misery and trauma they have left behind? I can see a case for saying ‘Yes we should!’ I don’t agree with it, but I can see the case.

But I can’t see the case for saying: no, only Ched Evans. Just him. The truth is that his case is the perfect example of the moronic inferno, the howl round of witlessness and politically motivated confected outrage.

Good post

There isn't, if a club wants to sign Ched evans they can, but just like the other person you mentioned that club will have to accept fans and the general public might not like it. I

I'm not condoning what Ched Evans did in the slightest but I also find it a bit odd convicted vehicular homicider's can get back into football but he can't. They're both horrific crimes but I think most people would say homicide is the worst out the two.

Archived