Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Both of them are a pair of virgins. 

Saw a Bochum flag with the Bayern Munich badge on. Is there anyone that Bochum don’t have an alliance with. 

They are not on par with Rangers.

European football culture has what some can see as a little alien to some in terms of supporter links or friendship.

In Bochum there are three possibly four at a push with a hooligan link. Bayern/Bochum is huge. Been going for years and is a big deal.

The ultras are close to Bayern and Bologna.

Then Leicester fall in next with links to other fan groups and supporters clubs.

Berliner Dynamo have a link with Bochum hooligans and vice versa.

I do understand that this is something not the norm in England.

Any other flags/stickers etc are just made between mates and trips out there etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They are not on par with Rangers.

European football culture has what some can see as a little alien to some in terms of supporter links or friendship.

In Bochum there are three possibly four at a push with a hooligan link. Bayern/Bochum is huge. Been going for years and is a big deal.

The ultras are close to Bayern and Bologna.

Then Leicester fall in next with links to other fan groups and supporters clubs.

Berliner Dynamo have a link with Bochum hooligans and vice versa.

I do understand that this is something not the norm in England.

Any other flags/stickers etc are just made between mates and trips out there etc.

What's the link with Bayern? How did it originate and then why bologna as well?

ADO in Holland are a bit in this manner as well, Swansea, legia, juve, even Brugge I believe. Discovering how some of these things started can be an interesting subject.

Am I right in thinking Baker was the 1st one to travel to bochum and it's grown from there?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/07/2019 at 08:40, SemperEadem said:

With the Prem and Bundesliga.2 starting on different weeks it’s always a good time to make trips.

Four of the first five Bochum games will see Leicester guys there.

On the other side Bochum guys are here for the Wolves, Man United, Newcastle and Liverpool games all before Christmas.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been following them a lot closer since pre-season this year and they've had a poor start (two draws,, three losses), second bottom and they've already appointed new manager! Do the lads more in the know if this is a blip or do they have deeper issues?

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

I've been following them a lot closer since pre-season this year and they've had a poor start (two draws,, three losses), second bottom and they've already appointed new manager! Do the lads more in the know if this is a blip or do they have deeper issues?

Deeper issues. Can lay a good proportion of the blame at the board and director of football.

They used to be known as the team that could not be relegated. 10 years of being in the second division now they are going nowhere. Only maybe the third league.

Best players and young talent sold off each season.

New manager was a fans favourite from his playing time but has limited managerial experience.

Pretty glum times, was over the other week and they were poor.

Next five Leicester games see Germans over for three of them.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Deeper issues. Can lay a good proportion of the blame at the board and director of football.

They used to be known as the team that could not be relegated. 10 years of being in the second division now they are going nowhere. Only maybe the third league.

Best players and young talent sold off each season.

New manager was a fans favourite from his playing time but has limited managerial experience.

Pretty glum times, was over the other week and they were poor.

Next five Leicester games see Germans over for three of them.

I might go over myself this season, likely in the New Year if any trips are arranged then. Hopefully the new manager surprises.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just to Keep our Bochum Mates happy...

Suedtribune!!!!   .  by my 2nd beloved team,on the boundaries of undecided fanaticism...Foxes or Biene Maya....

Now that is a "Tribute"...

borussia-dortmund.jpg.4e0c0d205b361f0f4fb2ea9baba6dd73.jpg

**** Dortmund 

On 20/05/2019 at 10:11, Voll Blau said:

No, it was another lad. The Bayern link goes back 40-odd years to when ordinary Bochum fans stepped in to defend Bayern fans from Bochum's hooligans. I do find the concept of friendships between clubs in the same league system a little odd, but as Baker said it's hardly unique to Bochum and it's fairly commonplace in most countries. I've met some Bayern fans at Bochum games and they go to both clubs' games as much as they can, which is a fair effort.

Like I say, understand we find it odd over here but it's part of the culture on the continent.

Given the fact that Bayern keep a waiting list for their season tickets as long as the distance between the Earth and the Moon, they must either be filthy rich, very old or lying (bloody fairweather Bayern fans living in the Ruhrpott).

The ties between Bochum and Bayern fans is also not as strong anymore as they used to be. Mainly a remnant of times past, held up by the older generation. There was also a not so well-received incident in Düsseldorf in 1997, where the friendship came to an all-time low after heavy clashes between the two groups. All in all, it's more a case of a fan element in Bochum still trying to be friends, yet the friendship is rather one-sided.

The rest of German football fans keep on wondering why anyone would side with Bayern fans in the first place.

Bochum's stadium could use a revamp, btw. It's falling apart, all that concrete reminiscent of Communist art brut.

Maybe Bayern want to chip in, they've got enough money on the side. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Given the fact that Bayern keep a waiting list for their season tickets as long as the distance between the Earth and the Moon, they must either be filthy rich, very old or lying (bloody fairweather Bayern fans living in the Ruhrpott).

The ties between Bochum and Bayern fans is also not as strong anymore as they used to be. Mainly a remnant of times past, held up by the older generation. There was also a not so well-received incident in Düsseldorf in 1997, where the friendship came to an all-time low after heavy clashes between the two groups. All in all, it's more a case of a fan element in Bochum still trying to be friends, yet the friendship is rather one-sided.

The rest of German football fans keep on wondering why anyone would side with Bayern fans in the first place.

Bochum's stadium could use a revamp, btw. It's falling apart, all that concrete reminiscent of Communist art brut.

Maybe Bayern want to chip in, they've got enough money on the side. :ph34r:

One was a Schickeria member, so it's not exactly hard for Ultras Bochum to sort them out for home or away games. Others tend to go to Bochum away games if they're playing somewhere near Bavaria and Bayern aren't playing. For what it's worth, I also know Bochum fans who aren't keen on Bayern at all.

I actually rather like the Ruhrstadion as it is compared to the modern grounds you see elsewhere. Not classically pretty, but full of character - just like the city of Bochum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

All in all, it's more a case of a fan element in Bochum still trying to be friends, yet the friendship is rather one-sided.

Not sure on the one-sided bit at all. 

59 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I actually rather like the Ruhrstadion as it is compared to the modern grounds you see elsewhere. Not classically pretty, but full of character - just like the city of Bochum.

Agree with this too, great place to visit 

52 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

One was a Schickeria member, so it's not exactly hard for Ultras Bochum to sort them out for home or away games. Others tend to go to Bochum away games if they're playing somewhere near Bavaria and Bayern aren't playing. For what it's worth, I also know Bochum fans who aren't keen on Bayern at all.

Fair enough. Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg in the South of Germany are the two main economic drivers in the country, you'll find much more people with more money down there than in any other area.

North Rhine-Westphalia (where Bochum is a part of) only figures as high as those two due to the influence of Düsseldorf, Leverkusen and Cologne (the North Rhine region trumping Westphalia).

So, it's much easier for them to afford going to games outside of Munich, for example.

The Ruhrstadion can stay where it is for all I care, but it is truly in need of some major renovations. Bleached-out seats, crappy, leaking roofs, rust, a rather primitive info screen.

Can do and should do better.

• 1 month later...

Regularly trips continue on both sides, Bochum were over the other week at Anfield and again for the match against Villa. Plus a few guys going from here to a home game next month.

I know a few have said they might well be interested in going over next time a large 30+ type groups guys. This is looking like being the home games in Feb vs Stuttgart.

Fixture times not set but it might fall with there being no Leicester game at all.

Numbers year and year get bigger and bigger and any new comers are warmly welcomed.

Happy to talk plans.

• Like 4

The above sounds great. On a slightly related note, a group of us are going to Germany to try and fit in as many games as we can across Germany and maybe Belgium too over the penultimate weekend in Feb. However, i was wondering when the TV fixtures are announced? I presume the Bundesliga has a similar structure to the PL, whereby fixtures are moved according to TV needs. I can't find any info on this online.

Any help appreciated, as it seems many here are well versed in German football, we will then book flights when we know fixtures are confirmed. 

I will ask on the irregularities of the Belgian fixture changes on the Leuven thread.

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The above sounds great. On a slightly related note, a group of us are going to Germany to try and fit in as many games as we can across Germany and maybe Belgium too over the penultimate weekend in Feb. However, i was wondering when the TV fixtures are announced? I presume the Bundesliga has a similar structure to the PL, whereby fixtures are moved according to TV needs. I can't find any info on this online.

Any help appreciated, as it seems many here are well versed in German football, we will then book flights when we know fixtures are confirmed. 

I will ask on the irregularities of the Belgian fixture changes on the Leuven thread.

Instead of Belgium you may want to consider holland. The fixture that is set at start of the season doesn't change. There was an exception last year due to ajax making the cl semi.

But other than that I've never had any problems in Holland.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Instead of Belgium you may want to consider holland. The fixture that is set at start of the season doesn't change. There was an exception last year due to ajax making the cl semi.

But other than that I've never had any problems in Holland.

Great tip, thanks! I had no idea. Just browsed the Dutch fixtures for our weekend, nothing that interesting other than Feyenoord on the Saturday evening. But at least there is certainty over the fixture date and KO! This is fantastic, what a system, being a Dutch football fan must be a logistical pleasure

23 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Great tip, thanks! I had no idea. Just browsed the Dutch fixtures for our weekend, nothing that interesting other than Feyenoord on the Saturday evening. But at least there is certainty over the fixture date and KO! This is fantastic, what a system, being a Dutch football fan must be a logistical pleasure

Has its pros and cons. The tv games are set before they announce the scheduled. Then the last 2 games of the season all ko at the same time.

However you cant travel by public transport to away games its coach or car only. And you often only get tickets once on coach or arrival at ground by car.

We did ajax away last season as excelsior fans. Got ticket on way on to bus at excelsior home ground in Rotterdam. You can drink on the bus tho lol

The tub is the final big ground and the only one of the 3 Rotterdam clubs I've not done.

If you find yourself in Rotterdam for an excelsior game long shot I know. Let me know. I maybe able to get you in the directors/players lounge after the game. You have to pay for your beers but normally get a bite to eat lol

• Like 1