Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Mahrez or Knockeart?

These are our two great hopes for the future. Why leave them out ?

Because Chelsea's stars of the future have already reached 'their future' :-) .  I wouldn't be suprised if we don't go 3 at the back and 3 in midfield to stop them playing through us. down the middle - oh hang on we can't we only have 2 fit CMs doh"

The problem with Knocky is one I alluded to last season. And on Saturday it was very apparent. He loses the ball too easily.

Last season that didn't matter much. We were playing so well that we could give the ball away, quickly win it back and off we went again. The sign of a free flowing, confident side.

This season is very different. Give the ball away cheaply and within seconds you can be in trouble. He did this on Saturday, mid way into the first half and immediately Everton were running at us and created a chance.

The little Frenchman made RDL look shaky against Everton. RDL got very little support from Knockeart and time and time again, they exploited the overlap. I would go as far as to suggest that Martinez did his homework and exploited our right sided weakness.

I have little concern about Knockeart going forward. He'll twist and turn and do his thing. But defensively is where we may have a problem with him. I thought this last season and still believe it could be a worry this term.

I still love him..his flamboyance and trickery. But that won't wash in this division. He must support the full back and not give the ball away cheaply.

From what I’ve heard of Albrighton, I don’t think it makes sense to play an out-and-out winger like him and Mahrez away at Chelsea.

This is why I’m blowing Schlupp’s trumpet so hard right now. We’ll spend a lot of time defending on Saturday, and so I’m not sure how much use a winger like Albrighton would be in that sort of game.

Our confidence is still fragile and so I’d like to see a strong defensive performance, and try and sneak a goal on the break using Shlupp’s pace. If we go all-guns-blazing we could get battered.

If we want to ‘go for it’ I think the time to do that will be home to Arsenal.

From what I’ve heard of Albrighton, I don’t think it makes sense to play an out-and-out winger like him and Mahrez away at Chelsea.

This is why I’m blowing Schlupp’s trumpet so hard right now. We’ll spend a lot of time defending on Saturday, and so I’m not sure how much use a winger like Albrighton would be in that sort of game.

Our confidence is still fragile and so I’d like to see a strong defensive performance, and try and sneak a goal on the break using Shlupp’s pace. If we go all-guns-blazing we could get battered.

I bet you are.

:nigel:

That's great, but it's also manipulated.

It's not manipulated, it just doesn't conclusively prove anything. You need to read this bit too:

"When we looked at it further with video analysis and going to see him live, things like his work rate became apparent too and that’s very important to us."

So they're using sports science to identify good players, and are then following this up with the old-fashioned approach of scouting. Albrighton ticked both boxes, so we signed him.

Seems like a really good approach to me.

If we are playing Schulpp for his defensive ability then :nigel:

On the issue, Mahrez has to play as he is full of talent but we need to find a place for him where he doesn;t really have to do any defending as he doesn't seem capable of it, it's a shame we can't mix his attacking talents with Knocky's desire and effort on the pitch.

As ever there's always an overreaction.....

Both are quality players and for me, both can play Premier League when they adapt in the coming weeks.

However, anyone that went to the Shrewsbury game will see that currently Knockaert's attitude is poor so Mahrez ahead of him all day currently.

Hopefully Knockaert will start to show some of the better attitude he had last year in the coming weeks

Knockeart over rated too much fancy dancing football keep it simple.Gives it away far too much can't do that in the premiership up the city

yes I agree I wonder if he is a bit like you and tries to do much then fails to put any grammar in but hey ho your post is great E I E I E I O up the city I was wondering what your predictions for Arsenal will be it is a tough game on paper but can we scrape a win what do you think

Archived