Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Mahrez or Knockeart?

Very presumptuous. Knockaert still has the ability to be a regular, Albrighton hasn't proved anything yet.

At the moment Mahhrez would be first choice of the 3, Knockaert was poor on Saturday but let's not start writing him off after one game. The thing about him is he seems to force his way back into the manager's thoughts when he looks as if he's out of favour.

Albrighton has proved that he's a capable premiership winger.

And you know that after one game?

It's what I expected, the opening game just reinforces my opinion.

Actually, as a squad player to increase our attacking threat against poor opposition he will be useful.

Elsewhere, though. He wouldn't be the first to be decent elsewhere and then be a pile of pants when he plays for a new club.

Look at Wolves - loads of players that were 'proven' at Prem and Championship level and didn't do the business there.

Albrighton needs to get a bit of game time, show what he can do and then challenge for a place. Just because Knockaert didn't have his best game against a team that finished 5th, doesn't mean he won't have more joy against others.

Knockaert isn't all that, and hopefully more fans start to realise that sooner rather than later.

He reminds me very much of a fellow Frenchman, Hatem Ben Arfa. Has all the tricks in the book, but a very inconsistent performer, who fails to produce his best on a regular basis. I've said all this before, you cannot fault Knockaert's work rate, but sometimes he works himself into the ground so much, he runs around like a headless chicken. 

The thing that makes Mahrez better than Knockaert is that, he is capable of picking out the right passes, is less greedy & as proven in the second half against Everton is more of a threat especially when cutting inside.

Knockaert plenty of times last season, gave the ball away cheaply by failing to make an easy 5 yard pass, or trying to take on about 3-4 players from the opposition. 

He will of course lighten up some games, but I can't see him becoming some consistent force who terrorises teams week in week out, having someone like Albrighton who is more direct on one side & a player who is more skilful on the other side works out well, you need a bit of everything and atm I think Mahrez is better than Knockaert so therefore that's why I'll start him.  

We're going to need serious industry and running against the likes of Hazard and Schurrle, so Knockaert should probably be dropped for that reason. From what I've seen of Albrighton he tracks back and supports the full back quite well, and perhaps offers the direct running we're going to need on the counter. I feel Mahrez is a different class, and seems more confident and capable of pulling out something from nowhere should we actually enter their half. 

Fvcks sake, Knockeart was on crutches the week before we played Everton, he wasn't fully fit on Saturday and will get better. Anyone writing him off after one game is a prat.

Give him a chance, if we had any other options fit he wouldn't have started.

As for the choice between the 2, depends on how we are going to play, Mahrez is faster and would play in a front 3 if we were playing a counter attacking game. If we want to play a possession and pressing game I would favour Knocky but in a more central role. They are both great players and can play together I wouldn't assume anything about Albrighton, he possibly won't be fully fit for Saturday.

I'm more than happy to have Knockaert as a game changing sub at the start of this season whilst we find our feet in the PL. Look at the last two seasons and Tony changed quite a lot of games off the bench at the start of the season and then when we went on a good run he was influential in the starting line-up. Now such good runs will be harder to come by this season but until we stamp our authority it might be best to have Albrighton's PL experience in and Tony to come on with 30 mins to go to unlock tiring teams.

I also agree that he's crying out to be given a chance as a No.10 but whether he will do is debatable.

Still love him. Kingfox you're a salad pal.

86 appearances, 7 goals in 5 years. That's below average for "a capable premiership winger".

Hope he flourishes, mind.

The sooner Nigel unleashes Knockaert back in his natural position as a Number 10 the better. He played centrally in France and didn't play on the wing until he was brought to Leicester. Given time to develop in a more advanced central role he could be lethal.

Although Nugent worked hard on Saturday I felt we were lacking quality on the ball in the final 3rd, he got away with playing that deeper position in the Championship but in this league we need more creativity to unlock the opposition defence. 

86 appearances, 7 goals in 5 years. That's below average for "a capable premiership winger".

If you look at the stats of players who played more than 10 games in the Premier League last season, only five players created more chances per minute than Marc Albrighton (David Silva, Willian, Samir Nasri, Juan Mata & Mesut Ozil). He also delivered more crosses per minute than any other player who started a Premier League game.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9427945/the-science-of-scouting-signings

I'd be worried if he was a striker with those figures but it's well known that he's the 'creator' type.

I'd be worried if he was a striker with those figures but it's well known that he's the 'creator' type.

Fair enough, but you'd expect a winger to chip I with more goals than that.

Either way, Pearson & Co believe he's gonna add something to the team so that's good enough for me.

If you look at the stats of players who played more than 10 games in the Premier League last season, only five players created more chances per minute than Marc Albrighton (David Silva, Willian, Samir Nasri, Juan Mata & Mesut Ozil). He also delivered more crosses per minute than any other player who started a Premier League game.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9427945/the-science-of-scouting-signings

doesn't really mean much. he could get the ball out his feet, not bother to beat his man and overhit his cross every time. hopefully not but hardly a game-changing stat. 

knockaert and mahrez are our two main men, until albrighton comes off the bench/gets a chance through injury it stays that way. no matter how excited anyone was at the mahrez signing he still had to wait and come off the bench, wait for dyer to get injured before he got a starting chance. same applies. 

I'd like to think all three of our wingers will get 30 plus games this season, although someone will have their appearances limited to coming off the bench a majority of the time. Who plays will be down to who's in the worst form of the three at the time. This Saturday, Knockaert and Mahrez start for me. Let's not forget that Knockaert could hardly have been fully fit against Everton because he had just come back from injury a couple of days prior to the game. The same applies with Albrighton, get him fully fit and in superb condition, and then reap the rewards. No new player should displace a player who played a part in helping the club secure 102 points the previous season, it's just not fair.

Fair enough, but you'd expect a winger to chip I with more goals than that.

Either way, Pearson & Co believe he's gonna add something to the team so that's good enough for me.

Yep, the same for me but as long as he's setting them up I dont; care

Archived