Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Danny Simpson

No, I said that because I assumed that was your assumption from the situation--that we'd only just realised we need a new right back--and not that we'd been looking for one for the entire window but have missed our targets. Even then, if we've only been looking for a right back recently, why does that mean that we haven't been watching him for a while? Why are you so quick to assume that this transfer is a result of incompetence on our part?

You keep answering your own question. 3 days to Deadline!!

What a well constructed and insightful response. Many thanks for that.

PS.. I have read all the "scouting articles" as you put them and still zip on Simpson so at lest base your crude responses on fact. I thank you.

Just because he hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean he has been scouted. your argument is based on the fact that a player hasn't been mentioned on twitter, therefore he is a poor signing, if that's what you believe then I'm inclined to agree with the afore mentioned well constructed and insightful response.

NP has never employed a scatter gun approach and i don't believe ever will, previous windows have shown that.

Far from it of course we need cover, but we have needed cover since we raised the Championship trophy which seems a hell of a long time ago now. My point you seem to be missing (ignoring?) is about desperation.

We have gone from business done early to 3 days before deadline day which is why in my view (which the last time I checked I am allowed to have) smacks of desperation.

Of course we are desperate for players, we've not been able to get in the first choice options clearly. This has been freely admitted by Pearson.

So other than stating the obvious what's your point?

Are you suggesting we're just picking players at Random, without proper scouting?

Hang on! I thought people said QPR only had rubbish players! According to them, Pearson has wanted to buy such a player then, in which case, we are buying a footballer who is just utter rubbish.

Me? I  reckon he is a top quality player, who more than a match for RDL.

Just because he hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean he has been scouted. your argument is based on the fact that a player hasn't been mentioned on twitter, therefore he is a poor signing, if that's what you believe then I'm inclined to agree with the afore mentioned well constructed and insightful response.

NP has never employed a scatter gun approach and i don't believe ever will, previous windows have shown that.

Nicely sanitised misquote of my original post there thanks for that. I see you chose 'Twitter' as the only media forum I allegedly suggested - but then I suppose your psyche is tha 'Twitter' will invoke the most ridiculed response from other followers of this particular thread.

Certainly not suggesting a scatter gun approach - your words not mine - but a desperate approach given we have had more time than most clubs to sort cover out but have made a desperate bid now someone has become available 3 days before deadline day due to our friend Arry's scatter gun approach (my words not yours).

Of course we are desperate for players, we've not been able to get in the first choice options clearly. This has been freely admitted by Pearson.

So other than stating the obvious what's your point?

Are you suggesting we're just picking players at Random, without proper scouting?

Players no - this player more than probably yes.

You keep answering your own question. 3 days to Deadline!!

ever thought that 3 days till deadline meant arry has realised he needs to get rid f a few players, regardless of their ability and LCFC have have taken their chance to get a better deal rather than have to play the bidding game with QPR throughout the close season.

What are our scouts actually upto is he really the only rb we could come up with. I suppose he played well vs us last year and ended up on our short list.

Have you ever posted anything, EVER, that wasn't a moan about something. Don't you get tired of being an utter misery?

How many more times do you need Pearson to say we've missed out on a lot of targets. Did you miss us giving a trial to a right back? If you can't get option 1, you go for 2, etc etc. he could be number 12 on the list for all we know.

Players no - this player more than probably yes.

Talking out your arse mate!

Do everyone a favour and pipe down! 

You no nothing about the scouting the club have done and if you look back at other signings Nig doesn't just jump in for players without knowing what they will bring. He constantly talks about getting the right players in. He may not have been at the top of the wanted list but to suggest there has been no scouting done on him seems ludicrous to me!

I get it.

You hate it when people form an opinion or come to a conclusion without basing it on the available facts and background research.

Yeah... So do we.

I salute you Sir, for quite possibly one of the best replies ever.

This is a very nice but unspectacular signing.  I think the thing those are complaining about this and other potential signings is the word SPECTACULAR!! All fans would love to have exotic Serie A or LaLiga players being brought in for  large transfer amounts, but that just isn't going to happen. 

Simpson, N''Doye, McArthur etc are very good footballers who could be just the sort of player we need in this team.  I think the notion of team players rather than star's is what makes NP's LCFC.  We are not looking at stars for this team and this year. Hard working contributors is what we need. Beating the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City etc, is not our plan.  Beating Villa, Palace, WBA etc is,

Three days to deadline means that the entire club goes into panic mode, forgets about anybody they had been scouting recently, and signs the first right back they can think of?

Please stop answering your own questions.

Archived