Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Danny Simpson

Totally disagree. This player has never been mentioned on any radar - forums, club, twitter, rumours, manager interviews or any of the many other media outlets that cannot help but to 'leak' information.

Surely you can't think that news of every player we take an interest in gets leaked unless we're nearing the completion of a signing? You don't have access to a stream of information showing every player on our radar that we don't do you?

What a well constructed and insightful response. Many thanks for that.

PS.. I have read all the "scouting articles" as you put them and still zip on Simpson so at lest base your crude responses on fact. I thank you.

So because you've not heard about us being interested before, you come to the conclusion it's some kind of badly thought out panic but.

Perhaps the club will send you their list of scoured players in future if you ask nicely.

PS.. I have read all the "scouting articles" as you put them and still zip on Simpson so at lest base your crude responses on fact. I thank you.

I'm talking about the ones with our scout on sky where they he details the level they look at player, also the article on bbc at end of last season. Not fcuking kids spouting shit on the internet! Identifying large amounts of players and then selecting one based on availability/length of contract etc. 

and you are still a helmet

The point isn't that the scouting articles reveal every player we're interested in as you seem to think we have done. The point is that it reveals how we go about business and that we didn't just pick a player like Mahrez or Albrighton at random, so why would we just jump on Danny Simpson because we've apparently only just realised we might need another right back?

So what would you rather do, sign nobody?

Are we desperate for cover, yes of course we are there are only days left.

Does that mean he's not been thought about or scouted properly, no it doesn't.

Redknapp wouldn't let him go if he was good enough... Is this the same bloke who didn't rate Bale and wanted to flog him off for a couple of million?

Far from it of course we need cover, but we have needed cover since we raised the Championship trophy which seems a hell of a long time ago now. My point you seem to be missing (ignoring?) is about desperation.

We have gone from business done early to 3 days before deadline day which is why in my view (which the last time I checked I am allowed to have) smacks of desperation.

Another likely signing under the radar...excellent work Nigel.

Good defender, definitely competition for RDL, which he needs if he is to grow as a player and both have PL experience. 

Can't think of many negatives about this, so, yes - hopefully see another announcement soon.

The point isn't that the scouting articles reveal every player we're interested in as you seem to think we have done. The point is that it reveals how we go about business and that we didn't just pick a player like Mahrez or Albrighton at random, so why would we just jump on Danny Simpson because we've apparently only just realised we might need another right back?

Think you've answered your own question which makes my response a hell of a lot easier (and shorter!) - 3 days to Deadline.

Everybody on the QPR forum is saying that they'd keep him for if they revert back to 4 at the back because he's solid there but he's no good in the current formation? Could be why they're so quick to get rid?

Edit: They're also getting rid of their left back too apparently.

Everybody on the QPR forum is saying that they'd keep him for if they revert back to 4 at the back because he's solid there but he's no good in the current formation? Could be why they're so quick to get rid

That tells me that he is a lot better defensively than attacking wise. Which is good because right backs these days don't tend to be like that!

Think you've answered your own question which makes my response a hell of a lot easier (and shorter!) - 3 days to Deadline.

No, I said that because I assumed that was your assumption from the situation--that we'd only just realised we need a new right back--and not that we'd been looking for one for the entire window but have missed our targets. Even then, if we've only been looking for a right back recently, why does that mean that we haven't been watching him for a while? Why are you so quick to assume that this transfer is a result of incompetence on our part?

Happy with this, a more defensive minded full back which might be necessary in some matches. QPR fans seems to think he offers very little in an attacking sense but De Laet is the man for the that anyway.

Archived