Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Danny Simpson

Never mind where he plays etc etc.......wasn't he once banging Tulisa? Legend! get him in.

exactly why we shouldnt have him..and you need to have a word with yourself.

Simpson is crap.

end

Totally disagree. This player has never been mentioned on any radar - forums, club, twitter, rumours, manager interviews or any of the many other media outlets that cannot help but to 'leak' information. Suddenly we are 3 days to deadline and we have no defensive cover and Simpson suddenly becomes available - so were In for him. Smacks of let's get in whoever is available. I'm sure Redknapp would not sell to a relegation rival if he was that decent a player?!

I'm with the other posters that want players who have quality to 'improve' the squad now not just sit on the bench to push other players.

Whilst I'll admit, a name like Danny Simpson wasn't the first name of any fans lists of players we'd like to sign, isn't it positive that given most of us agree there is a vacant spot for a right back in our squad that Pearson is looking to address this? 

Maybe the player hasn't been mentioned prior to now because he was in a list of 7/8 candidates that the club have been looking at - its obvious we have been looking at right back options given we had a look at Fanni and were linked with Cambiasso's mate. Perhaps Simpson was further down the list initially because we felt he might not be as available as some of the other options - but of course with QPR's situation changing as well, maybe we then decided to try this road?

As a lot of people have pointed out, we have lots of scouts/data on players available to us and Pearson looks to find players that will compliment the way we play etc, so I'm confident to trust his judgement here. 

The last comment I'll make is with regards to your last sentence which I've highlighted, because if we have players competing for each position, does this not improve the squad? Simpson won't be coming here with the belief he will be sitting on the bench and this in turn means RDL knows he needs to be performing to the best of his ability to keep his place, so doesn't that equal "improving the squad now" regardless of which player sits on the bench?

Improving the squad could be viewed in different ways, for example one is quality, another view is in terms of the depth of our squad, so whilst the quality argument is maybe questionable in this case, Simpson would certainly provide depth to the squad and so I would conclude that if this move comes off, it does represent an improvement of our squad. 

Fair conclusion / counterpoint? 

Decent back up and a possible starter if things aren't too rosy for De Laet.

I think it's good to have them two as they offer different things, Simpson is much more defensive and doesn't offer much over the half way line, De Laet does get forward, although isn't quite as defensively minded from what I've seen of Simpson.

Gives us options to pick teams to suit the oppo.

As some have alluded to already, solid but unspectacular springs to mind.

Decent enough competition for De Laet, will keep him on his toes.

As some QPR fans say, he offers very little going forward, but if we play Albrighton on the right and with his crossing skills, then Simpson wouldn't necessarily need to bomb forward & whip in crosses.  

Precisely this. We don't need RDL's pace as much on the right when Albrighton is playing. I'd be happy with Simpson as cover for, or even over, RDL.

This is the problem with this forum, petty arguments.

Just ignore Phil, if you reply to him then he will reply back, and then we will have another thread spoilt.

Same applies to me when I've got in arguments with some of you, if you ignore me and don't keep quoting my posts then I'll shut up, but all you keep doing is responding so therefore I have a right to respond myself.

Just a sensible tip :thumbup:

Totally agree. A voice of reason.

Whilst I'll admit, a name like Danny Simpson wasn't the first name of any fans lists of players we'd like to sign, isn't it positive that given most of us agree there is a vacant spot for a right back in our squad that Pearson is looking to address this?

Maybe the player hasn't been mentioned prior to now because he was in a list of 7/8 candidates that the club have been looking at - its obvious we have been looking at right back options given we had a look at Fanni and were linked with Cambiasso's mate. Perhaps Simpson was further down the list initially because we felt he might not be as available as some of the other options - but of course with QPR's situation changing as well, maybe we then decided to try this road?

As a lot of people have pointed out, we have lots of scouts/data on players available to us and Pearson looks to find players that will compliment the way we play etc, so I'm confident to trust his judgement here.

The last comment I'll make is with regards to your last sentence which I've highlighted, because if we have players competing for each position, does this not improve the squad? Simpson won't be coming here with the belief he will be sitting on the bench and this in turn means RDL knows he needs to be performing to the best of his ability to keep his place, so doesn't that equal "improving the squad now" regardless of which player sits on the bench?

Improving the squad could be viewed in different ways, for example one is quality, another view is in terms of the depth of our squad, so whilst the quality argument is maybe questionable in this case, Simpson would certainly provide depth to the squad and so I would conclude that if this move comes off, it does represent an improvement of our squad.

Fair conclusion / counterpoint?

Again totally agree. Thanks for a very well written and thought out view point.

You agree that we should ignore you?

Ignore me if you want pal not too fussed to be honest, but I am saying I agree with this poster so why are you going against his advice and trying to start up another argument?

Please don't respond to this.....

I'm surprised all the Deeney haters haven't been screaming about how Simpson was arrested for GBH and that we shouldn't sign him for that reason!

Maybe that's been forgotten because he was boffing Tulisa?  

(Here's a not very well thought out, well written and damn right crass post Phil!)

Ignore me if you want pal not too fussed to be honest, but I am saying I agree with this poster so why are you going against his advice and trying to start up another argument?

If you don't want responses, stop posting.

I'm surprised all the Deeney haters haven't been screaming about how Simpson was arrested for GBH and that we shouldn't sign him for that reason!

Can you back up that remark with fact?

He's no angel but no sign of GBH:

Simpson was born to English and Jamaican parents.[25] Simpson has a daughter called Skye, born three months prematurely in mid-2011. Danny lives in Ponteland, Northumberland. Danny Simpson was in the tabloid headlines on 16 November 2012, as a result of his link to Tulisa Contostavlos while claims his ex-girlfriend Stephanie Ward was three months pregnant.

In April 2011, Simpson was caught doing 48 mph in a 30 mph zone in his Audi R8, hence adding four points to his driving licence, which already had nine points on it. Facing a ban, Simpson appealed on the basis that a ban would cause him exceptional hardship.[26]

On 3 February 2013, Simpson was found lying in the street around the area of The Rice Flamebar and Grill in Manchester City Centre. He was unconscious with blood coming from his mouth.[27]

As reported by The Sun newspaper, Danny collapsed after being hit following an argument whilst queuing for food. An ambulance was called and Simpson was taken to hospital and treated for concussion.

Edit: Looks like someone needs to update his wiki.

Assume this has been posted elsewhere but if not...

Good initative in tracking down the theif  (+1) but somewhat agressive methods after that (-1).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2554565/Queens-Park-Rangers-defender-Danny-Simpson-arrested-iron-bar-attack.html

Question is who randomly has an iron bar with them on a night out 

Can you back up that defamatory remark with fact?

He's no angel but no sign of GBH:

Simpson was born to English and Jamaican parents.[25] Simpson has a daughter called Skye, born three months prematurely in mid-2011. Danny lives in Ponteland, Northumberland. Danny Simpson was in the tabloid headlines on 16 November 2012, as a result of his link to Tulisa Contostavlos while claims his ex-girlfriend Stephanie Ward was three months pregnant.

In April 2011, Simpson was caught doing 48 mph in a 30 mph zone in his Audi R8, hence adding four points to his driving licence, which already had nine points on it. Facing a ban, Simpson appealed on the basis that a ban would cause him exceptional hardship.[26]

On 3 February 2013, Simpson was found lying in the street around the area of The Rice Flamebar and Grill in Manchester City Centre. He was unconscious with blood coming from his mouth.[27]

As reported by The Sun newspaper, Danny collapsed after being hit following an argument whilst queuing for food. An ambulance was called and Simpson was taken to hospital and treated for concussion.[27]

Glass jaw ..don't want him..

Assume this has been posted elsewhere but if not...

Good initative in tracking down the theif  (+1) but somewhat agressive methods after that (-1).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2554565/Queens-Park-Rangers-defender-Danny-Simpson-arrested-iron-bar-attack.html

Question is who randomly has an iron bar with them on a night out 

Oh, hadn't seen that, I suppose innocent until proven guilty, but it seems fairly certain he did it.

Different to Deeney but not exactly ideal behaviour.

Any chance he will get sent down for this?

I was asking a question. Perhaps if you can't deal with being asked questions then an Internet forum isn't the best place for you to hang about.

Please don't respond to this.

I think it's good to have them two as they offer different things, Simpson is much more defensive and doesn't offer much over the half way line, De Laet does get forward, although isn't quite as defensively minded from what I've seen of Simpson.

Gives us options to pick teams to suit the oppo.

agree with this Babylon. we now have the luxury of choosing a RB depending on how NP wants to set up. i think you will see RDL playing more home games and against teams around us where we are going to be more attacking and for the tougher games where are likely to be on the back foot.

Archived