Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Danny Simpson

As some have alluded to already, solid but unspectacular springs to mind.

Decent enough competition for De Laet, will keep him on his toes.

As some QPR fans say, he offers very little going forward, but if we play Albrighton on the right and with his crossing skills, then Simpson wouldn't necessarily need to bomb forward & whip in crosses.  

Please stop forming negative opinions using guess work.

Strangely I've not seen any quotes on here based on 'facts' about what actual scouting has been done by the club. However you seem to know the exact scouting practices of LCFC which if you do then fair do's to you you must be the only ITK that's actually ITK.

Ps. Please don't reply with another answer

Strangely I've not seen any quotes on here based on 'facts' about what actual scouting has been done by the club. However you seem to know the exact scouting practices of LCFC which if you do then fair do's to you you must be the only ITK that's actually ITK.

Well you haven't looked very hard, I posted a quote earlier...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9427945/the-science-of-scouting-signings

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9417963/the-science-of-scouting-defenders

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9439411/the-science-of-scouting-agents

There you go. Read to your hearts content!

Rob Mckenzie, a LCFC scout is writing a regular column for Sky Sports of scouting and in particular mentions our scouting methods, check it out, its enlightening.

to late! see cjslcfc post above

Look, is this player an upgrade on our reserve right back Pearson? Who would you rather have playing if De Laet was unavailable?

Moore could play there but has to be CB when playing, Wasyl will struggle there, this is a solid player with good experience and will improve a position that needs strengthening.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm presuming you have missed the numerous interviews with Pearson about recruitment, the recent Walsh article, the series of articles on Sky sports with our scout... You know, the ones you said you read about two pages back.

All these sources of information on how we go about scouting, our whole philosophy on recruitment... Yet you come to the conclusion, seemingly based on his name not being mentioned before, that they have stuck in pin in a list if names and just decided to buy him.

How about you post a fact. Instead of your opinion.

You want a fact: Simpson started the season as QPR's right back.

Another one: QPR signed another right back who started against Spurs.

Logical conclusion: Simpson has only just become available as not even Harry would sell his first choice Right Back without a replacement lined up. 

Fair assumption based on all the available knowledge on our scouting system: Simpson has been scouted for a while but has only just become available, previous enquiries were rebuffed as he was first choice at QPR, now he isn't we are making a move to get a target.

This is the problem with this forum, petty arguments.

Just ignore Phil, if you reply to him then he will reply back, and then we will have another thread spoilt.

Same applies to me when I've got in arguments with some of you, if you ignore me and don't keep quoting my posts then I'll shut up, but all you keep doing is responding so therefore I have a right to respond myself.

Just a sensible tip  :thumbup:

So RDL is good going forwards, Simpson is more defensive minded. Possibility that we see RDL covering RW occasionally - similar to Schlupp on the left - to help deal with our current injury problems on the wings?

What the hell are you talking about? I'm presuming you have missed the numerous interviews with Pearson about recruitment, the recent Walsh article, the series of articles on Sky sports with our scout... You know, the ones you said you read about two pages back.

All these sources of information on how we go about scouting, our whole philosophy on recruitment... Yet you come to the conclusion, seemingly based on his name not being mentioned before, that they have stuck in pin in a list if names and just decided to buy him.

Wasn't there something on the BBC last season about it. Also a recent Telegraph article about Walsh

This is the problem with this forum, petty arguments.

Just ignore Phil, if you reply to him then he will reply back, and then we will have another thread spoilt.

Same applies to me when I've got in arguments with some of you, if you ignore me and don't keep quoting my posts then I'll shut up, but all you keep doing is responding so therefore I have a right to respond myself.

Just a sensible tip  :thumbup:

You know things are bad when KF is the one trying to keep the peace!!!  :thumbup:

'Arry' may have forgotten he already plays for QPR and put a late bid in (as he normally does with the majority of our targets). Plus Warncock may try to scupper it.

Hang on a minute.... That's a big old statement there..... What was this quote of 'fact' about the scouting practices employed by LCFC??!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26943611

Please, have a watch of this. I don't think you'll be left in any doubt of our thoroughness in the scouting department.

Back on topic, solid but unspectacular signing that I'd be pretty pleased with.

Totally disagree. This player has never been mentioned on any radar - forums, club, twitter, rumours, manager interviews or any of the many other media outlets that cannot help but to 'leak' information. Suddenly we are 3 days to deadline and we have no defensive cover and Simpson suddenly becomes available - so were In for him. Smacks of let's get in whoever is available. I'm sure Redknapp would not sell to a relegation rival if he was that decent a player?!

I'm with the other posters that want players who have quality to 'improve' the squad now not just sit on the bench to push other players.

That's exactly what it is. It doesn't mean this is the first time we've thought of him ffs. Our head scout has already admitted we've been keeping tabs on Albrighton since he was a teenager.

Archived