Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Knockaert Interview

A better translation was needed but doing everything you can to join a bigger club?

Shouldn't a player be doing everything they can to makre sure their team is successful?

I'm trying to look for positives here but I'm dissapointed

Do you think when Muzzy first arrived from Chelsea, he thought Division One Leicester was as good as it would ever get?

But he gave everything for the club, won 2 cups, played in Europe and consistently finished in the top half of the premier league, so he stayed and was a legend. As long as AK is trying to make this team successful, I don't care what his motivations are. Who knows, if people aren't total cvnts about a badly translated interview, and he's good enough, he might decide this is home...

The sub-title in the article is somewhat misleading. And the quote is taken out of context. Because in the very next sentence, he puts it all into relation:

Mais je ne me prends pas la tête, je suis très bien ici.

"But I'm not letting that getting to my head, I'm feeling very well here".

He also never said that he regards Leicester as a springboard, but as a kind of a springboard:

Leicester, c'est un genre de tramplin.

Besides, he speaks highly of LCFC and the fans:

Les infrastructures du club sont exceptionnelles pour un club qui était en Championship l’année dernière.

On a de super supporters présents dans les bons comme dans les mauvais moments.

All in all, I just hate it when people/fans jump to such rash conclusions without even having read the whole article. Use Google Translate or ask a French-speaker on here first instead, dammit!

The sub-title in the article is somewhat misleading. And the quote is taken out of context. Because in the very next sentence, he puts it all into relation:

"But I'm not letting that getting to my head, I'm feeling very well here".

He also never said that he regards Leicester as a springboard, but as a kind of a springboard:

Besides, he speaks highly of LCFC and the fans:

All in all, I just hate it when people/fans jump to such rash conclusions without even having read the article. Use Google Translate or ask a French-speaker on here first instead.

Amen.

Hahahaha!

Pure crying about it.

Grow up dude sheesh!

1. Learn to read newspaper articles

2. Learn to make connections between the sentences when you're reading newspaper articles

3. Look at the bigger picture

4. Think about what you've just read in the papers

5. Type

Not so hard, is it?

I'm not French but am a French-English translator and can confirm what Benpicko says - that phrase has been mistranslated.  I'd translate it as "In the coming months, I think that the club will offer me an extension. I don't think that I'll turn down an extension". 

The bit about Leicester as "springboard" is translated pretty accurately, although it is the interviewer who introduces the concept, and AK is clearly talking about ambitions 2 or 3 years down the line as he says:

"It would be no bad thing to seek fresh pastures and play for a bigger club. But I'm in no rush as I'm very happy here. However, in the future, if I can start to build a great career, that's all that I want. I have targets in mind and I'm going to do everything that I can to try to join a bigger club in the years to come. To achieve that will require some good seasons in the Premier League. Leicester is a sort of springboard. I wanted to come here and to get up into the Premier League. That has been achieved. We have a much higher media profile and that could open more doors if I play well on the pitch". 

Perfectly reasonable ambitions. So, he dreams of playing for Lille, Chelsea, France, whoever in the future...so what? He's very complimentary about LCFC and its fans, sounds like he's enjoying life here - and realises that he'll have to improve if he's to get the opportunity to play at a higher level.

Storm in a teacup - and I'd imagine the same applies to this training ground incident. If he thumped a teammate, he won't be the first. Maybe that had something to do with him not being on the bench - but maybe he wasn't on the bench because he's had a poor start to the season? He's had phases before when his play has become a bit selfish, over-dribbling and losing possession and he's lost his place....but bounced back. He comes across as someone who's 23 going on 14 in terms of maturity, so it probably takes a bit longer for things to sink in than with most of the others....but his attitude seems very positive overall. Rightly dropped at the moment, but I hope that he'll be back and able to raise his game - as he already has, since he arrived.

Brilliant - if that's the case, then it's a bit of a non-issue then.

1. Learn to read newspaper articles

2. Learn to make connections between the sentences when you're reading newspaper articles

3. Look at the bigger picture

4. Think about what you've just read in the papers

5. Type

Not so hard, is it?

Hahaha!

Learn to not be such a square!!

This isn't exactly high brow conversation.

Grow up.

All in all, I just hate it when people/fans jump to such rash conclusions without even having read the whole article. Use Google Translate or ask a French-speaker on here first instead, dammit!

I understand French decently well and still decided to overreact like like a bit of a willy puller before I actually read the article in French, so I can't exactly climb onto any high horses or anything now that any sign of rational thinking has returned, but yeah after reading it, there's been a massive overreaction. Still questioning why he wasn't on the bench or congratulating the result elsewhere as he usually does though

No player comes here thinking it's the pinnacle of their career, they all want to use us as a spring board if they are honest.

Absolutely, all you ask is that they give everything and contribute whilst they play for us. Knockaert clearly fits that bill, Pearson is a sensible man who will sit down with him and chat about the interview and whatever is supposed to have happened and Knockaert will still have a big role to play this season.

Absolutely, all you ask is that they give everything and contribute whilst they play for us. Knockaert clearly fits that bill, Pearson is a sensible man who will sit down with him and chat about the interview and whatever is supposed to have happened and Knockaert will still have a big role to play this season.

Yep. Simple as that really

If you were actually bothered to read it all, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all!

I can't be bothered to read it all. I only post in any of these threads as I find the high and mighty replies people always post funny.

Thanks for filling 5 minutes of my morning.

I'm not French but am a French-English translator and can confirm what Benpicko says - that phrase has been mistranslated.  I'd translate it as "In the coming months, I think that the club will offer me an extension. I don't think that I'll turn down an extension". 

The bit about Leicester as "springboard" is translated pretty accurately, although it is the interviewer who introduces the concept, and AK is clearly talking about ambitions 2 or 3 years down the line as he says:

"It would be no bad thing to seek fresh pastures and play for a bigger club. But I'm in no rush as I'm very happy here. However, in the future, if I can start to build a great career, that's all that I want. I have targets in mind and I'm going to do everything that I can to try to join a bigger club in the years to come. To achieve that will require some good seasons in the Premier League. Leicester is a sort of springboard. I wanted to come here and to get up into the Premier League. That has been achieved. We have a much higher media profile and that could open more doors if I play well on the pitch". 

Perfectly reasonable ambitions. So, he dreams of playing for Lille, Chelsea, France, whoever in the future...so what? He's very complimentary about LCFC and its fans, sounds like he's enjoying life here - and realises that he'll have to improve if he's to get the opportunity to play at a higher level.

Storm in a teacup - and I'd imagine the same applies to this training ground incident. If he thumped a teammate, he won't be the first. Maybe that had something to do with him not being on the bench - but maybe he wasn't on the bench because he's had a poor start to the season? He's had phases before when his play has become a bit selfish, over-dribbling and losing possession and he's lost his place....but bounced back. He comes across as someone who's 23 going on 14 in terms of maturity, so it probably takes a bit longer for things to sink in than with most of the others....but his attitude seems very positive overall. Rightly dropped at the moment, but I hope that he'll be back and able to raise his game - as he already has, since he arrived.

I am a french graduate albeit some 20 years ago and I agree with your take on all of this. I did struggle on the 'je ne renoncerai pas à une prolongation'  and landed on the same translation as you albeit originally I read it  literally as he wasn't giving up on being offered an extension. Probably why you are a translator and I ventured in a different direction. or it could just be that similar to younger english kids, I don't understand them these days either. Everyone seems to think everyone else is 'sick' these days and they look ok to me  :) 

Archived