Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Transfer deadline day really brings out the knobs !

Shit like this is going to happen every deadline day now!  lol  The whole thing's becoming such a farce. Love it!

We definitely need more originality though. Top marks for the dildo stunt but the 'Fk her in the pussy' comments are getting old. I recon for January we need to find an Odemwingie lookalike, get a blacked out jeep and try and get into the training ground wearing a city shirt and see if Sky report it. 

Lee Nelson excelled himself trying to be a funny ****er talking over the reporter. THE most unfunny "comedian" in Britain.

I had never heard of this guy until he was mentioned in a thread yesterday so checked him out on youtube and.... wow....

The SSN Transfer Deadline Day coverage has so much more potential for pranks on TV.

Sadly, English lads will always go for the cheap dildo option.

Hope somebody comes up with something more creative next time around, such as:

• Batman popping up in front of the commentator
  • "Free Nelson Mandela" placards in the background
  • A group of people dressed up as: a Russian SWAT unit, knights (in full armour), fairies, monks, etc.
  • Some guy playing cheap John Mayer cover songs ("Your Body Is A Wonderland" springs to mind)

The possibilities are sheer endless.

The SSN Transfer Deadline Day coverage has so much more potential for pranks on TV.

Sadly, English lads will always go for the cheap dildo option.

Hope somebody comes up with something more creative next time around, such as:

• Batman popping up in front of the commentator
  • "Free Nelson Mandela" placards in the background
  • A group of people dressed up as: a Russian SWAT unit, knights (in full armour), fairies, monks, etc.
  • Some guy playing cheap John Mayer cover songs ("Your Body Is A Wonderland" springs to mind)
The possibilities are sheer endless.
:nigel:

I'm glad fans took the piss..

The whole Sky Deadline day is an absolute sham anyway, can't stand Jim White, can't stand any of it. It will be sponsored by the LadBible next.

Anyone see the Crystal Palace fans?

Bwgz8pPIAAAKINz.jpg

https://t.co/ZhiqVkA28L

How pathetic. Sky sports show live matches. The premierleague sets the price of the contract they pay. It isn't sky sports fault its the premierleague. Sky sports Didnt invent the premierleague. They want to pay as little as possible but that isn't down to them. It's against the law to show 3pm games on tv. So that's why kick offs are changed. I suppose they hate itv for showing live games too? And bt sport. Oh wait theres a solution of course... why don't they make it illegal to show live games on tv in 2014. Idiots

What about having to pay a monthly subscription to be able to watch live league matches? It was free before Sky

So you want sky sports to pay millions to pay for rights and then show it all for free? lol

So you are blaming the premierleague here then. They could give it all to the bbc for free if they wanted. Not skysports fault the premierleague choose them.

Read something saying that Sky are reviewing their coverage after all of the happenings this year. It also said that clubs are getting fed up of the over-hyping of it all, it's hardly conducive to doing good business in such a short amount of time is it?!

Best moment for me this year was when Redknapp refused to give them an interview through the car window. They didn't know what to do having missed out on something that they assumed was their divine right on deadline day.

As for Jim White, he's just become a parody of himself in the way that so many Sky Sports favourites do (Kamara, Ruddock, Winter).

Can only sympathise with the Palace fans there to a certain extent. Sky Sports (BT, ITV, BBC to a lesser measure) have a lot to answer for in terms of making it more difficult for the average fan to attend fixtures, particularly away from home, where their travel options are often significantly narrowed by inconvenient kick-off times. European football doesn't help either, mind. The hysteria around transfer deadline day is more of a reflection on the modern football fan than anything else; a complete mongfest.

Sky are a business at the end of the day. Enough people are happy to pay for their service, which for the viewer, is excellent on the whole. I'm a big fan of European football (particularly fan culture) so I appreciate TV companies' efforts in giving me access to games from France, Germany, Spain etc.

Also like nothing more on a Sunday afternoon when I'm dying after Sunday League to lounge about watching football on the box so you won't hear too many complaints about that from me.

There are plenty more culpable bodies in the ruining of football for many match going fans than Sky. The Premier League itself. Clubs. Greedy execs. Greedier players who have lost touch with reality. Agents. Viagogo. Health and safety. Hillsborough. Government. The fact is that Sky's new broadcasting deal could have funded huge grassroots projects and a big reduction in ticket prices across the board. But it hasn't because the PL are too fvcking greedy and weak to force the clubs to think about their fans. Instead they are happy to let them feed off the supporters' loyalty like a cash cow until their udders run dry and are replaced by football tourists.

It's sad but Sky are the lesser of many evils in our game, and the hypocrisy of 'the AMF gang' who criticise them on social media whilst watching SSN is frustrating. Far more relevant and deserving targets of abuse for the demise of football than Sky, I'd say.

Archived