Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Be careful where/what you eat in Leicester

Not surprised by a single place on that list except the steakhouse but then I read it's Leicester's 'first halal steakhouse' so I'm not lol

Echo what everyone says about Marios, was a fantastic place to eat 10-15 years ago, such a shame the way it has gone.

Like a couple have said I'd only eat in a 4-5 place anyway, you have the app on your phone these days so it isn't hard to find out. I'm astonished at how busy some of these takeaways are in town when I walk past Mary land etc but often the clientele look as disgusting as the place and staff lol

I can't imagine how desperate for a quick feed you'd have to be to order from a place called Kebabish.

Never heard of Maryland Chicken so looked it up. That Chicken has his hat on backwards and seems shady, looks like he's got a bad attitude, something that a chicken has no right to have.

You have to wonder about the sanity of anyone who would actually part with their hard earned to eat from a place that looks like this...

21010737.jpg

I always search for the restaurant rating on this before eating there.

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/

I live next door to a curry house.  I won't name & shame, but there's not many curry houses in Cosby! 

I've heard people say it's a quality curry house, but I've never been that impressed.  The missus was out Saturday night, so I treated myself to a curry from next door.  It looked like dog food & I was as a rough as a dog later that evening.  Not food poisoning bad, but nowhere near right.

I've checked on the link & it has a rating of 1.

It could explain the dead rat I found in my garden a couple of months ago

Well worth taking these ratings seriously.

I knew of someone who ate a place in Leicester, they got food poisoning (salmonella) I believe and died. Basically his intestines had disintegrated when they opened him up and the only thing they could do was sew him up to give him time to say goodbye to his family. Horrendous situation.

A friend of mine, a carpenter worked in a curry house once and they stored the onions in small open buckets in their personal toilets. Basically if you missed, you would get the onions.

Take note of the ratings as certain establishments don't bother like you or I would

My lads cafe on Wenlock Way is a 5.

It's not just about hygiene, which of course is crucial.

It's also about keeping records, checking temperatures all the time and recording. Keeping all surfaces, fridge seals etc perfect. It's hard work and you need to do it every day non stop. Totally cleaning the cafe at the end of each day. Plus various ongoing training courses. Unfortunately all the listed food outlets in the paper just can't be bothered and hope they get away with it. The trouble is it is too much like hard work. Was surprised to see Pak Foods on the list. Any outlet with less than a 3, IMO should be avoided at all costs. They will have had several serious failings.

These businesses just want to make money, but are not prepared to operate properly and put peoples health at real risk.

Just checked on the place I sometimes get an Indian takeaway from Chamalee in Blaby.

1* and it says major improvement needed.

Cheers for that Walshy. As you know, I'm partial to a spot of Chamalee.. And the last few times we've had a takeout, it's not been as good.

Just checked on the place I sometimes get an Indian takeaway from Chamalee in Blaby.

1* and it says major improvement needed.

Cheers for that Walshy. As you know, I'm partial to a spot of Chamalee.. And the last few times we've had a takeout, it's not been as good.

Have you tried the place in Countesthorpe btw? Very nice

Dine India?

Rating of 1

I've used it for takeaway a few times........until I spoke with someone who works for Environmental Health at Blaby District Council  :thumbup:

Dine India Col?

Used to go there all the time and it's sister restaurant in Arnseby.

Me and my girlfriend have started using a place called Rifle Butts a lot recently. It's only a little back street pub on a Nottingham Street but the food is outstanding. I'd highly recommend it to people.

I'd probably have about 6 months to live if TJ's on the high Street had made the list.

Not surprised it isn't though the chap in there Jimmy runs a great ship. Was telling me in the early hours of Sunday morning that Riyad is a regular in there after matchdays.

Love Jimmy. Hate Derby.

Archived