Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Hamza Choudhury - Barcelona / Real Madrid?

Once there are footballers in the premiership whom were born in 2000 football will be less fun.

this guy is just older than me, reading that article has almost guaranteed that I'll never make it :(

Don't want to sound like Captain Comedown, but if this kid is so amazing (and so widely known as being one to watch that some Guardian journo who frankly will not have the foggiest about any of our youth teamers has picked him out), why is the closest he's come to playing age-grade international football being standby for England Under 18s?

We've got a whole host of England youth internationals who are surely better placed to be the (next?) academy prospect to break through. I suspect the difference is that their agents aren't mental/ballsy enough to go linking their clients to the world's biggest clubs.

Good idea for an article though.

I thought that the left back Chilwell was very highly thought of and seems to be approaching the age you'd expect him to either get some experience on loan or make a few appearances on our bench.

As I've said before, the more the focus is on someone other than Layton Nduwku the better. This lad has it all set up to progress in to our first team in the next 2 years.

You're not a very good agent Ric

Don't want to sound like Captain Comedown, but if this kid is so amazing (and so widely known as being one to watch that some Guardian journo who frankly will not have the foggiest about any of our youth teamers has picked him out), why is the closest he's come to playing age-grade international football being standby for England Under 18s?

We've got a whole host of England youth internationals who are surely better placed to be the (next?) academy prospect to break through. I suspect the difference is that their agents aren't mental/ballsy enough to go linking their clients to the world's biggest clubs.

Good idea for an article though.

He is a throw back to years gone by and makes Roy Keane look like a pussycat

Took a while for people to recognise that the lad could also play a bit hence him staying under the radar

Some of our older generation fans are going to love this kid as long as he is allowed to play his natural game ( which is very difficult in this age of no contact football )

He is a throw back to years gone by and makes Roy Keane look like a pussycat

Took a while for people to recognise that the lad could also play a bit hence him staying under the radar

Some of our older generation fans are going to love this kid as long as he is allowed to play his natural game ( which is very difficult in this age of no contact football )

Is he anywhere near the 1st Team/Development squad?

Could Layton, Ben and Hamza be in the team in 2 years?

All depends where we are as a club and what position they play I think. Hamza would have to be some player to displace Drinkwater or James. Left Back could be a very good spot for a youth player though with Konchesky's age and no obvious replacement.

These youth team players will be have to be upto standard though, we can't go back to the days of bringing through the Jordon Stewart's, Levi Porter's and Matt Heath's of the World and pretend they are brilliant when they clearly aren't and we slip down the league.

All depends where we are as a club and what position they play I think. Hamza would have to be some player to displace Drinkwater or James. Left Back could be a very good spot for a youth player though with Konchesky's age and no obvious replacement.

These youth team players will be have to be upto standard though, we can't go back to the days of bringing through the Jordon Stewart's, Levi Porter's and Matt Heath's of the World and pretend they are brilliant when they clearly aren't and we slip down the league.

Ben is the only one to play for our u21s isn't he? So like with what you said earlier he seems to have the greatest Chance atm

• 1 month later...

Archived