Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Liam Moore

Roy is trying to fast track Tyler Blackett into the england squad people, remember?

I remember a few months back Chalobah was playing at centre half instead of Moore.

Really impressed with how much he's come on as player. I've never been totally convinced with Liam or at least I wasn't at first. But he's growing into a fine young defender and in time will be a full international.

Still has a lot to learn but he's a full blooded, 110% defender. He will only get better.

Jones and Cahill are the two leading candidates for them positions. But then I would put Smalling, Jagelkia, Moore and Stones in the next four. He has the potential to be an England player however he still needs to prove himself over a longer period in the premier league to be considered England quality

Jones and Cahill are the two leading candidates for them positions. But then I would put Smalling, Jagelkia, Moore and Stones in the next four. He has the potential to be an England player however he still needs to prove himself over a longer period in the premier league to be considered England quality

Steven Caulker is still only young remember... I reckon in 10 years time it'll be Liam and Caulker in the centre of our defence.

Steven Caulker is still only young remember... I reckon in 10 years time it'll be Liam and Caulker in the centre of our defence.

It will be any English player playing for United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Everton first, regardless of quality, only if they don't have enough English players will anyone else be considered.

Cahill isn't that old is he? He'll be there every game for a good 10 more years surely. John Stones has the other spot sorted as long as he doesn't keep getting injured. Then there's more and more youngsters from United, liverpool etc who probably aren't even that good but will get squad time if they make appearances for their clubs. Moore will get an occasional friendly or bench for a qualifier unless he moves to United and becomes their first choice.

Cahill isn't that old is he? He'll be there every game for a good 10 more years surely. John Stones has the other spot sorted as long as he doesn't keep getting injured. Then there's more and more youngsters from United, liverpool etc who probably aren't even that good but will get squad time if they make appearances for their clubs. Moore will get an occasional friendly or bench for a qualifier unless he moves to United and becomes their first choice.

Cahill is 28/29 :(

• 1 month later...

Really concerned by his defensive positioning. On multiple occasions now this season he has been exposed for playing far too deep, playing attackers onside and generally just being a liability at the back. On Sunday he allowed a free run for Ciaran Clark to have an easy finish but the worst thing for me was how he turned round and started yelling at his teammates when he ****ing knew it was his man and knew he was at fault for the goal. I think playing for England U21's has gone to his head, to try and blame others when you know it's your fault is a ****ing joke IMO. He should have held his hands up, said my fault and got on with the game, rather than having a yell to try and deflect the blame.

Really concerned by his defensive positioning. On multiple occasions now this season he has been exposed for playing far too deep, playing attackers onside and generally just being a liability at the back. On Sunday he allowed a free run for Ciaran Clark to have an easy finish but the worst thing for me was how he turned round and started yelling at his teammates when he ****ing knew it was his man and knew he was at fault for the goal. I think playing for England U21's has gone to his head, to try and blame others when you know it's your fault is a ****ing joke IMO.

1. He is extremely inexperienced, like schlupp.

2. Remember Peter Schmeichel? He did it every bloody goal after his mistake.

3. Not as much of a joke as that comment.

He was dropped because he was playing poorly, unfortunately, due to lack of cover, he was brought back into the side.

1. He is extremely inexperienced, like schlupp.

2. Remember Peter Schmeichel? He did it every bloody goal after his mistake.

3. Not as much of a joke as that comment.

He was dropped because he was playing poorly, unfortunately, due to lack of cover, he was brought back into the side.

Marking your man at a free kick is one of the most basic aspects of defending. It was appalling. Players would be ashamed of that in Sunday League football.

Marking your man at a free kick is one of the most basic aspects of defending. It was appalling. Players would be ashamed of that in Sunday League football.

Thought it at the time. Our defending for both goals is the worst defending I've seen at this level in a long time barring Sunderland at Saints.

Really concerned by his defensive positioning. On multiple occasions now this season he has been exposed for playing far too deep, playing attackers onside and generally just being a liability at the back. On Sunday he allowed a free run for Ciaran Clark to have an easy finish but the worst thing for me was how he turned round and started yelling at his teammates when he ****ing knew it was his man and knew he was at fault for the goal. I think playing for England U21's has gone to his head, to try and blame others when you know it's your fault is a ****ing joke IMO. He should have held his hands up, said my fault and got on with the game, rather than having a yell to try and deflect the blame.

Spot on, been saying this since October. But because he's "one of our own" people seemed to not be able to see it.

Archived