Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Newcastle post match thread

I'm sure you've got the right answer and I'll read it with interest.

But, King or not, if we don't start passing and moving the ball quickly, accurately and with support for one another we've no chance.

King did this before his sidelining and we've pretty much looked shit ever since.

He's not "the" problem because, somehow, we've managed to create various problems out of what was a consistently competitive start to the season until the Manchester United win.

But he's one of them. Because I don't see anyone else doing the various things he did.

A month ago I thought we were positive, organised and capable enough to survive.

But if we carry on in this uninspiring, unbalanced and unthreatening way we'll have no chance.

Pearson's already presided over one run of inexplicably bad results in his career here which suggests he runs into a tactical cul-de-sac when things are going wrong.

And right now we look as if we're at the start of another. We're a shadow of the team that drew against Everton, so nearly beat Arsenal and thrilled us all so unforgettably against Manchester United. Why has he turned off all the power, energy and sense of purpose?.

l

Because he's insisting on playing Cambiasso?

Spot on mate, king would beat king Richard 3rd at hide and seek

If you're comparing King to Richard 111 then you're paying him a compliment in terms of action. King Richard didn't hide, as the manner of his slaying so clearly indicates. Even his final resting place was well enough documented and easily found.

so had a brief read of the comments and am unsurprised by the comments.

So 1 point from the last 3 is a bit worrying, but my word people are talking like we are relegated.

In terms of the tactics, I thought they were spot on. The worst thing to do going away, especially somewhere as desperate as Newcastle, is too concede early goals, and we didn't do that, we played the first half conservative, which was spot on.

On 56 minutes (before their goal which some people seem to have forgotten) we changed to a more attacking team, and we were on top. Nugent was getting in on every occasion.

My only concern is that he is playing strikers on the wing which says to me he hasn't built the squad properly, but still.

There goal was naive in terms of how attacking we were. I agree, disappointing.

If anything though yesterdays performance has given me confidence for the rest of the season. 

Its about context I suppose. We have just played Newcastle away.. always a difficult place to go, in front of 52 thousand home fans baying for Pardew's blood.

And we lost 1-0, having made some chances of our own.

It's a good job some of the kids on here weren't at St James that day we lost 6-1.

The Premiership is THE top league in the World. This season was always going to be a marathon with highs and lows. And the berks who claimed that the top half of the Prem are as good as the likes of West Ham, Southampton, West Brom and the like are just wrong. Plain wrong.

If we stay up in this division, we'll have done bloody well.

Newcastle is not a tough place to go. Not at the minute. That is an absolute myth. Their team are shit and their fans are silent. It could undoubtedly be a tough place to go if they were being ran properly, but at the minute it's awful.

My Newcastle mate reckons they had lost 9 of their last 14 at home before yesterday. That's more than two defeats every three home games. That is relegation form.

I don't know if you watched the game Col but not a single thing about that game painted a good picture of Leicester, Newcastle or the Premier League as a league. It was absolutely dog shit in every possible way.

I think the problem is Cambiasso. He can't play in a 2 as he hasn't got the legs but Pearson wants him in the side. Therefore we are forced into a 3 Man central midfield which just upsets the balance of the team, and means we can't play 2 up front. I'd sooner see him left out

The annoying thing for me is that the one game he rested Cambiasso (Burnley) we played a midfielder who struggles equally as much in a two.

We never played Dean Hammond in a two last season. We'd often bring him on for Dyer or Knockaert.

Just pointing out that EC can't really be blamed for the burnley second half as he wasn't in the squad. if accommodating him is the problem, what happened second half against burnley?

Sorry mate I get you now and I completely agree with you

The annoying thing for me is that the one game he rested Cambiasso (Burnley) we played a midfielder who struggles equally as much in a two.

We never played Dean Hammond in a two last season. We'd often bring him on for Dyer or Knockaert.

I agree. Hammond is a player who should be in the side when we are likely to be under the cosh, to break things up and generally defend. To start him against Burnley when we needed to take the game to them and in a 442 was baffling. King/James instead would have been my preference. I think the problem is, Pearson doesn't know his best 11 yet. He's learning a new league though so I guess it'll take time to get it right. I've every faith he will do.

Vardy should be in the team every week if fit.

Agree. Mark my words Newcastle will definitely be in and around the bottom three come the end of the season.

If Pardew is still there in May they will be kicking off next season in the Championship. I am adamant.

I agree. Hammond is a player who should be in the side when we are likely to be under the cosh, to break things up and generally defend. To start him against Burnley when we needed to take the game to them and in a 442 was baffling. King/James instead would have been my preference. I think the problem is, Pearson doesn't know his best 11 yet. He's learning a new league though so I guess it'll take time to get it right. I've every faith he will do.

Vardy should be in the team every week if fit.

Hammond is a poor man's Cambiasso I think. Similar mentality on the pitch but without Cambiasso's quality on the ball.

The whole team was a mess yesterday and it just didn't have to be. If we play Ulloa up front on his own without the likes of Mahrez or Vardy even on the pitch, we will not come close to winning. It upsets the entire balance. If it happens at Swansea we will be beaten by at least three goals, at least.

So 1 point from the last 3 is a bit worrying, but my word people are talking like we are relegated.

In terms of the tactics, I thought they were spot on. The worst thing to do going away, especially somewhere as desperate as Newcastle, is too concede early goals, and we didn't do that, we played the first half conservative, which was spot on.

On 56 minutes (before their goal which some people seem to have forgotten) we changed to a more attacking team, and we were on top. Nugent was getting in on every occasion.

My only concern is that he is playing strikers on the wing which says to me he hasn't built the squad properly, but still.

If anything though yesterdays performance has given me confidence for the rest of the season.

That reads like a balanced appraisal CF, almost as if you're not panicking. Controversial, no place for that on here. It almost sounds as though you saw the same second half that I did.

I honestly can't say we played better at Stoke. Amazing what difference a scoreline can make to people's perceptions.

I hope your faith is well placed. Nothing about our last three matches offers any hope to me. Our whole approach seems to have changed beyond recognition and reminds me of so many dour away games in Pearson's early days. Not starting Vardy is just laughable. Now Dyer has gone he's the only player we've got with the strength, energy and single-mindedness to genuinely disturb defences.      

You'd bring Wasilewski back to face Swansea's pacey attack? He was struggling big time at the back end of last season against championship teams and he hasn't played a competitive game for months.

They're quick out wide and play one up front.

I hope you faith is well placed. Nothing about our last three matches offers any hope to me. Our whole approach seems to have changed beyond recognition and reminds me of so many dour away games in Pearson's early days. Not starting Vardy is just laughable. Now Dyer has gone he's the only player we've got with the strength, energy and single-mindedness to genuinely disturb defences.

We miss Dyer, technically brillaint. No, final product questionable. Yes. Attitude, spot on. We knew what he could do, and Pearson knew how to utilise his pace. He worked for us, our secret weapon in a way, the plan B. Love Tony and Ryad, and like the look all Allbrighton, but none are as direct and effective as Lloyd. Get the bastard back on loan.

We didn't replace Lloyd's pace 

It wasn't just his pace. It was his experience and professionalism. Schlupp has pace and ability but when you're at Schlupp's stage you don't want to let people down and just try to do the simple things well. 

One of Dyer's big strengths was not letting failure or disappointment deter him. He'd still keep running at players and disrupting the organisation of defences. Because of that he had to be marked. Fans got on to for the times he lost the ball but it was rarely away from the front third and he still kept asking questions until something happened like a goal or an assist.

Schlupp needs to be put into that frame of mind by the manager because he can do it if he's given the support and the licence.

The other thing about Dyer was that he was willing enough defensively. No he wasn't a great defender - Schlupp is generally the more accomplished in that way but he did get back, he did make himself available and he did do the simple things competently. He was a wonderful asset. .      

I hope your faith is well placed. Nothing about our last three matches offers any hope to me. Our whole approach seems to have changed beyond recognition and reminds me of so many dour away games in Pearson's early days. Not starting Vardy is just laughable. Now Dyer has gone he's the only player we've got with the strength, energy and single-mindedness to genuinely disturb defences.      

Nothing?

Mahrez against Burnley was superb.

Yesterday we controlled large chunks of the game.

Palace was bad - i'l give you that.

Pearsons first four away league games -

0-0 stockport

4-0 cheltenham

1-0 colchester

3-2 huddersfield

please explain how that is dour?

We didn't replace Lloyd's pace 

Or efficiency.

Schlupp is a poor man's Dyer.

Nothing?

Mahrez against Burnley was superb.

Yesterday we controlled large chunks of the game.

Palace was bad - i'l give you that.

Pearsons first four away league games -

0-0 stockport

4-0 cheltenham

1-0 colchester

3-2 huddersfield

please explain how that is dour?

Going to assume he means since his return.

The one quality Dyer had which we miss dearly, is his ability to aid the defence, by this I mean his ball carrying and retention, Lloyd was the man to have outside of the box at set plays, all we had to do was get the ball out to him and break, this happened also in open play, Lloyd was the outlet.

Sure Vardy can offer that direct pace and aggression, but for heavens sake he should be playing down the middle, not out wide! This season we get into good wide areas, and then put our foot on the ball and slow things down, take all of the momentum out of our attacks, get broken on and concede. Lloyd had an ability to hold up play in wide areas and then BANG, he's gone. I'm serious when I say go back in for him. He's desperately missed. We're not direct enough, Mahrez is brilliant yes, but he is at times too flamboyant like Tony, and gets caught.

Dear oh dear oh dear has it really come to this? Lloyd Dyer being talked up as if he is or was some kind of Ronaldo? This, the same Dyer who cannot get in the Watford first 11.

Lloyd Dyer, "run lloyd run". Cos that's all he could do. Used to remind me of the kid at school who would play out wide and run with his head down straight out of play.

We are having a blip away from home, but to suggest we are missing Dyer is laughable.

Archived