Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Newcastle post match thread

I cant quite believe this. I said, pre-season, expect meltdiown if we lose a few, but this ridiculous. So many are talking as though we are already relegated, certain players are being ripped to shreds and now some want Dyer back.

Cmon people..its a long and tough season. So many are underestimating the Prem, or seem to be.

We are doing okay I rather be where we are in the table than be where QPR and Burnley reside.

As long as we stay above the relegation places that will do for me!

We are going through a blip right now, we just need to get back to basics and start playing with some fluidity.

I cant quite believe this. I said, pre-season, expect meltdiown if we lose a few, but this ridiculous. So many are talking as though we are already relegated, certain players are being ripped to shreds and now some want Dyer back.

Cmon people..its a long and tough season. So many are underestimating the Prem, or seem to be.

It's not at all about losing a few - we lost to Chelsea but played admirably.

It's the teams we're losing to and the way we're losing. All the efforvescence has been sucked out of the side. There's no threat or expectation. We're trying to play robotic football instead of inventive, passionate football. 

We've too many built-in weaknesses to do that.

Our coaches should realise we have to play to our strengths. We still might lose but we'll have a chance.

And to have a chance you have to score.

More pace? We have Vardy for gords sake tell the manager to play him from the start then.

One the wings, Schlupp can't use his pace.

Vardy isn't a winger so when we play 451 we don't have enough support.

Was at the game.

We missed Mahrez massively, he's our 1 player that looks like being able to open teams up with a bit of brilliance. Vardy and nugent did more in 5 minutes that albrighton and schlupp did all game offensively. I was literally screaming at nugent on some occasions, he had about 5 chances to pick a player out in the box and hit their first man every time.

De laet looks a liability at the back he commits himself way to early.

I'm hopeful of getting something at Swansea but we have to improve in the final 3rd massively.

Dear oh dear oh dear has it really come to this? Lloyd Dyer being talked up as if he is or was some kind of Ronaldo? This, the same Dyer who cannot get in the Watford first 11.

Lloyd Dyer, "run lloyd run". Cos that's all he could do. Used to remind me of the kid at school who would play out wide and run with his head down straight out of play.

We are having a blip away from home, but to suggest we are missing Dyer is laughable.

People who think Dyer is the answer are deluded.

The panic button has truly been pressed by a few on here. What next? Sven back?

The answer to our problems is Jermaine Beckford up top and Matty Mills at the back in my opinion.

There's little doubt that Dyer is a more effective left winger than Schlupp. While inconsistent, Dyer always required attention because of his frightening pace and he'd more often than not get the ball into the box because of his raw pace. Moreover, he wouldn't be doubled up on as much as he was in the Championship as PL teams often tend to leave the full backs to deal with their wingers, especially against the lower clubs. He also worked hard and contributed defensively so there's no problems there, unlike with Knockaert.

He's by no means the perfect player but he's a better option on the left wing than both Schlupp and Knockaert, and to think he's sat on Watford's bench when he could be playing in the PL for us is a very frustrating thought.

There's little doubt that Dyer is a more effective left winger than Schlupp. While inconsistent, Dyer always required attention because of his frightening pace and he'd more often than not get the ball into the box because of his raw pace. Moreover, he wouldn't be doubled up on as much as he was in the Championship as PL teams often tend to leave the full backs to deal with their wingers, especially against the lower clubs. He also worked hard and contributed defensively so there's no problems there, unlike with Knockaert.

He's by no means the perfect player but he's a better option on the left wing than both Schlupp and Knockaert, and to think he's sat on Watford's bench when he could be playing in the PL for us is a very frustrating thought.

No disrespect mate but frankly, so what?.

I loved Lloyd, didnt want him to go but he turned down the contract offer and left. There's no point discussing what might have been, just the here and now.

Personally, I want to see Schlupp cement a position at left back. With Mahrez in front of him. I believe Schlupp is a better player when he sees the play happening in front of him.

We miss Dyer because Schlupp had a shit game  lol

Jeff doesn't use his pace enough when played on the wing  lol

Schlupp pissed over Kieran Trippier in the first half against Burnley, he must of beaten him by using his pace at least 5 times. Second half at times he did slow things down, but you see that from the best of players, Eden Hazard did it numerous times for Chelsea the other week, yet he is World Class.

This Schlupp slack is getting tedious, we went up a gear when he was brought on against Everton, put in good performances against Arsenal & Chelsea, looked ok in parts against Stoke & from those games with him in the side we come away with 5 points & everyone was raving about our performances. 

We don't start him & Mahrez against Palace we play shit, we start him & Mahrez against Burnley & they looked like our best attacking outlets, we take Schlupp & Albrighton off against Newcastle albeit both not playing very well, but after we take them off we go & concede, and end up losing the game. 

We miss Dyer because Schlupp had a shit game lol

Jeff doesn't use his pace enough when played on the wing lol

Schlupp pissed over Kieran Trippier in the first half against Burnley, he must of beaten him by using his pace at least 5 times. Second half at times he did slow things down, but you see that from the best of players, Eden Hazard did it numerous times for Chelsea the other week, yet he is World Class.

This Schlupp slack is getting tedious, we went up a gear when he was brought on against Everton, put in good performances against Arsenal & Chelsea, looked ok in parts against Stoke & from those games with him in the side we come away with 5 points & everyone was raving about our performances.

We don't start him & Mahrez against Palace we play shit, we start him & Mahrez against Burnley & they looked like our best attacking outlets, we take Schlupp & Albrighton off against Newcastle albeit both not playing very well, but after we take them off we go & concede, and end up losing the game.

Good post.. I agree

:thumbup:

People who think Dyer is the answer are deluded.

The panic button has truly been pressed by a few on here. What next? Sven back?

The answer to our problems is Jermaine Beckford up top and Matty Mills at the back in my opinion.

Dyer isn't necessarily the answer but I must admit I'm more disappointed about losing him in hindsight than I was when it happened. I genuinely think he'd get in our team at the minute if Schlupp is getting in.

Mahrez and Albrighton for Swansea please. Mahrez is our most talented player and Albrighton didn't become shit overnight. Cannot get my head around the amount of people who have already decided he isn't good enough.

Dyer isn't necessarily the answer but I must admit I'm more disappointed about losing him in hindsight than I was when it happened. I genuinely think he'd get in our team at the minute if Schlupp is getting in.

Mahrez and Albrighton for Swansea please. Mahrez is our most talented player and Albrighton didn't become shit overnight. Cannot get my head around the amount of people who have already decided he isn't good enough.

You're right, it was over the last 3 years.

We have shown we can compete at this level and yes I believe Pearson got it wrong on Saturday. They scored their goal after Nugent and Vardy came on but even so, we overall established control of the game at that point and had we started that way I'd expect we would have won the game.

It's early in the season and Pearson has experimented against some of the weaker teams. He needs to try out all players to find what they are able to contribute. Obviously he was expecting more from the changes he made the last couple of weeks and I'm sure he realizes his mistakes has possibly cost us points.

Hopefully over the next few weeks we will have a more defined starting 11. Too many changes IMO is never good for a team

To those wanting Dyer back.....c'mon seriously. Who was even thinking of him after our decent start in the Premiership?

We have shown we can compete at this level and yes I believe Pearson got it wrong on Saturday. They scored their goal after Nugent and Vardy came on but even so, we overall established control of the game at that point and had we started that way I'd expect we would have won the game.

It's early in the season and Pearson has experimented against some of the weaker teams. He needs to try out all players to find what they are able to contribute. Obviously he was expecting more from the changes he made the last couple of weeks and I'm sure he realizes his mistakes has possibly cost us points.

Hopefully over the next few weeks we will have a more defined starting 11. Too many changes IMO is never good for a team

To those wanting Dyer back.....c'mon seriously. Who was even thinking of him after our decent start in the Premiership?

We shouldn't be experimenting against the weaker teams. We should be going all guns blazing with our strongest line up and resting players against the teams like Chelsea and Manchester City (if they need a rest that is)

We need to be winning games like that one we played on Saturday. We were the best team on the pitch when Vardy came on and looked like the team to take the points but footballs a cruel game and doesn't take that into consideration.

Your right we should have started vardy from the start, would still prefer to see Powell in for Nugent and Schlupp needs to go back to the reserves and nail a position down as we can't be starting someone who has played left wing about 10 times in his career.

And to the albrighton comment in reply to my post up above. The guy underneath is exactly right. He was never the best player, just one of the overrated English guys that played a few decent games when he 'burst' onto the scene.

When we signed him I thought it was a decent signing but after speaking to villa fans and seeing him in action he quickly proved me wrong... You may say "he needs time" but look what Mahrez did, and he had to adapt to a different country, league and life style. Albrightons got it easy in comparison.

Without sounding too panic button(ish) we need a winger in January, someone of real class. Knocky needs to go, he is a good championship player, that's the very best. He lacks pace which is a big issue in the premiership because your not going to skin premiership defenders with the odd step over. I love the guy and will follow his career but don't thinks he good enough unless he gets a chance at the number 10 role but again, he lacks positioning and composure to play there.

But other than that... It's been a good start to the season and we don't need to panic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at newcastle on saturday we played 4 5 1 Schlupp was not on the left wing the only time he got forward was once when he ran the ball straight out of play. He was like a timid rabbit and didnt want to cross the halfway line.

Oh for all those wanting Dyer back i will say this, "premier league your having a laugh"

I was at newcastle on saturday we played 4 5 1 Schlupp was not on the left wing the only time he got forward was once when he ran the ball straight out of play. He was like a timid rabbit and didnt want to cross the halfway line.

Oh for all those wanting Dyer back i will say this, "premier league your having a laugh"

Loved Lloyd but he isn't the answer. Schlupp will make it, but unfortunately it will take time. Albrighton and Lawrence will be very important for us this season.

People who bring up Dyer keep missing the point. Yes, I found it hard to see him leave, but he's at the other end of his career and he really is all about pace.

It is also important to stress the fact that we got him from MK Dons when he was already 26 years old and thus pretty much a finished article.

And he spent 90 percent of his career with us in the Championship, one season in League One and it is still questionable whether he would have made the cut in the Premier League at all.

On the other side, we have Jeffrey Schlupp.

A 21-year old youngster who has been deployed in many positions throughout his career so far, found it hard to break into the team, had his trials and tribulations and who is far from fulfilling his true potential yet.

How some of you can compare the two is beyond me.

People who bring up Dyer keep missing the point. Yes, I found it hard to see him leave, but he's at the other end of his career and he really is all about pace.

It is also important to stress the fact that we got him from MK Dons when he was already 26 years old and thus pretty much a finished article.

And he spent 90 percent of his career with us in the Championship, one season in League One and it is still questionable whether he would have made the cut in the Premier League at all.

On the other side, we have Jeffrey Schlupp.

A 21-year old youngster who has been deployed in many positions throughout his career so far, found it hard to break into the team, had his trials and tribulations and who is far from fulfilling his true potential yet.

How some of you can compare the two is beyond me.

This top post

Archived