Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Newcastle post match thread

People actually considering bringing Wasilewski to face Swansea's pacey attack? He was struggling big time at the back end of last season against championship teams and he hasn't played a competitive game for months.

We're conceding goles for fun, and seem to be changing the team for fun. Why not carry on as we're going.

Wholesale changes off the back of a 1-0 defeat away from home are ludicrous, its the change in style of play not personnel for me.

Back to basics, work on set plays, get the pressing back and the organisation we had from the first few games, work on movement of the forwards. As Ulloa is a marked man after his start to the season we should be deploying Vardy to run in behind when Ulloa comes short dragging the centre back with him and we'll be able to hurt teams.

Wholesale changes off the back of a 1-0 defeat away from home are ludicrous, its the change in style of play not personnel for me.

Back to basics, work on set plays, get the pressing back and the organisation we had from the first few games, work on movement of the forwards. As Ulloa is a marked man after his start to the season we should be deploying Vardy to run in behind when Ulloa comes short dragging the centre back with him and we'll be able to hurt teams.

Pressing was such a massive part of our play last season but apart from the Man United game it's been pretty conspicuous by its absence.

I think for this reason alone having at least 1 of Nugent or Vardy in the side is important.

Pressing was such a massive part of our play last season but apart from the Man United game it's been pretty conspicuous by its absence.

I think for this reason alone having at least 1 of Nugent or Vardy in the side is important.

only nigel knows why we would ever start a game without one of nugent and vardy. ludicrous decision and one i'm still completely baffled by. usually nigel makes odd changes that baffle me but as a game develops you can see what he would've been thinking but a front 3 of schlupp, ulloa and albrighton yesterday is probably the oddest thing he's done since he returned imo.

i've only seen us lose once live since pearson came back. crystal palace at home 12/13, 1-2. and i had a season ticket for two season and have been to something like 7 or 8 aways. crikey we've had an alright 2 years or so haven't we 

Us long distance fans seem to be doing relatively well recently! Certainly beats a 240 mile round trip to see us lose 3-0 at home to Millwall.

Us long distance fans seem to be doing relatively well recently! Certainly beats a 240 mile round trip to see us lose 3-0 at home to Millwall.

haha yeah, gone are the days that spending hours on trains across the country felt like i'd put in more effort than the whole team every match day 

Pearson's lost his way because instead of genuinely picking the team for the job - and essentially the players which cogged together so well for us in The Championship, he's trying to keep others happy who just aren't making any specific impact.

Not that's it's altogether their fault either. We're chopping and changing the tactics so much we've lost the familiarity with and belief in what we used to do. Ulloa got five goals early on and now doesn't even threaten, let alone score. That's ot him, it's the management and tactics.

As Durnerz referred to it is utterly ludicrous to leave Ulloa on his own and not play our most unsettling player which is Vardy. Ulloa can't play effectively on his own,  he needs to be able to bring people into play.

And it's no use having two wingers and one striker because every defence has two centre-backs and that means one is able to mark the man and the other to lay off him but in close attendance.

To play two wingers and one striker requires runners from central midfield but we're snookered because the wingers need to help our sometimes suspect full-backs and, in leaving King out, we don't have anyone capable of supporting much in a goalscoring/pass-and-go sense from central midfield.

King's contribution so far this season has been excellent because he keeps possession under pressure and does the simple things well.

But since Cambiasso's arrival he's not had a look in, yet what has Cambiasso really added to our side? A good second half and goal against Manchester United but a woeful first half that cost us at least one goal.

And other than that, what? 

Nothing as I see that replaces the versatility, awareness and industry of King who would quite possibly have offered some kind of cover for DeLaet getting himself so far out of position for the Newcastle goal.

Yes, that's supposition but I always felt happier having King involved in helping us close out games than anyone else - because he is, and usually remains, both accurate and calm.

We've lost our way tactically. Indeed I felt sorry for Morgan and Moore having to deal with so much pressure so unnecessarily when the likes of Vardy or Nugent would have been pressuring them from the start - and occupying potential attackers while about it.

We were a mess and the sooner we start playing to our strengths again the better. One point from three bottom-end teams? It's appalling anyway but there's no excuse for our performances. We didn't pressure teams and we didn't force them to make mistakes. We tried to beg the points.      

Pearson's lost his way because instead of genuinely picking the team for the job - and essentially the players which cogged together so well for us in The Championship, he's trying to keep others happy who just aren't making any specific impact.

Not that's it's altogether their fault either. We're chopping and changing the tactics so much we've lost the familiarity with and belief in what we used to do. Ulloa got five goals early on and now doesn't even threaten, let alone score. That's ot him, it's the management and tactics.

As Durnerz referred to it is utterly ludicrous to leave Ulloa on his own and not play our most unsettling player which is Vardy. Ulloa can't play effectively on his own, he needs to be able to bring people into play.

And it's no use having two wingers and one striker because every defence has two centre-backs and that means one is able to mark the man and the other to lay off him but in close attendance.

To play two wingers and one striker requires runners from central midfield but we're snookered because the wingers need to help our sometimes suspect full-backs and, in leaving King out, we don't have anyone capable of supporting much in a goalscoring/pass-and-go sense from central midfield.

King's contribution so far this season has been excellent because he keeps possession under pressure and does the simple things well.

But since Cambiasso's arrival he's not had a look in, yet what has Cambiasso really added to our side? A good second half and goal against Manchester United but a woeful first half that cost us at least one goal.

And other than that, what?

Nothing as I see that replaces the versatility, awareness and industry of King who would quite possibly have offered some kind of cover for DeLaet getting himself so far out of position for the Newcastle goal.

Yes, that's supposition but I always felt happier having King involved in helping us close out games than anyone else - because he is, and usually remains, both accurate and calm.

We've lost our way tactically. Indeed I felt sorry for Morgan and Moore having to deal with so much pressure so unnecessarily when the likes of Vardy or Nugent would have been pressuring them from the start - and occupying potential attackers while about it.

We were a mess and the sooner we start playing to our strengths again the better. One point from three bottom-end teams? It's appalling anyway but there's no excuse for our performances. We didn't pressure teams and we didn't force them to make mistakes. We tried to beg the points.

King is not our saviour in all of this

Yep - EC definitely responsible for the lacklustre second half against burnley

The whole team was not just him, Vardy and nugent changed the game, albrighton lost the ball a lot in the first and to me he isn't a great winger, I can see why villa did not keep him, Koch was woeful, Ritchie should have been sent off so should have Moore

I cant agree with those who suggest Newcastle are better than their position in the table. They are a poor side. If we were any good today, we'd have won

With this big time. I thought they were utterly dreadful and we managed to lose and not even score past them.

The whole team was not just him, Vardy and nugent changed the game, albrighton lost the ball a lot in the first and to me he isn't a great winger, I can see why villa did not keep him, Koch was woeful, Ritchie should have been sent off so should have Moore

Just pointing out that EC can't really be blamed for the burnley second half as he wasn't in the squad. if accommodating him is the problem, what happened second half against burnley?

Been back a couple hours after that long disappointing trip from the north east, disappointing entertainment wise and football from us in whole. As I heard many saying as I was leaving "they were there for the taking" Newcastle to be honest were pretty crap and after that performance they'll be lucky to stay up. As I mentioned on the other thread too many players just didn't look at the races, one thing we lacked yesterday was pace. 

Pre match was interesting standing around nearly an hour and half waiting to be let in. 

King is not our saviour in all of this

I'm sure you've got the right answer and I'll read it with interest.

But, King or not, if we don't start passing and moving the ball quickly, accurately and with support for one another we've no chance.

King did this before his sidelining and we've pretty much looked shit ever since.

He's not "the" problem because, somehow, we've managed to create various problems out of what was a consistently competitive start to the season until the Manchester United win.

But he's one of them. Because I don't see anyone else doing the various things he did.

A month ago I thought we were positive, organised and capable enough to survive.

But if we carry on in this uninspiring, unbalanced and unthreatening way we'll have no chance.

Pearson's already presided over one run of inexplicably bad results in his career here which suggests he runs into a tactical cul-de-sac when things are going wrong.

And right now we look as if we're at the start of another. We're a shadow of the team that drew against Everton, so nearly beat Arsenal and thrilled us all so unforgettably against Manchester United. Why has he turned off all the power, energy and sense of purpose?.         

l 

Archived