Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Newcastle post match thread

No - the difference between Schlupp and Gallagher is that Schlupp is quick and Gallagher is slow. That's what you men by 'move around'. He certainly doesn't go the extra mile, so to speak, to close players down and get in their faces. Most of the time he'll jog just behind them.

Schlupp is guilty of pulling out of challenges in every single game he plays. If he plays/starts again this season watch him and you will see this.

No - the difference between Schlupp and Gallagher is that Gallagher didn't really do anything off the ball - Schlupp does track back, and covers a fair bit of ground - he just can't tackle and his end product is sporadic at best. His effort isn't bad, his work on the ball is terrible.

They were poor we were poor, they were slightly less poorer then us!!!  I don't we tested there keeper once.

Newcastle were there for the taking, our side was setup too defensive, if we had a proven winger like mehrez playing on the position nugent was, it could have added more quality to our attack.  The fact that the game was delayed by an hour added misery to our fans

BTW what was Pearson like on the interview, he should hold his hands up and say he got it wrong today!!

Typical 433 performance. Nine times out of ten when we play 433 we're absolutely dog and today was no different.

We walked the championship playing 442, today we're playing a team not much better than a championship team and for some reason we try to be clever with the tactics. Makes no sense. Go back to 442, play to our known strengths and we'll get points from games like today no problem.

I don't remember exactly but I'm sure de laet was only on left after initially doing well to break a counter attack up but took the ball to the left and it happened to quickly to cover.

James has to show obertan down the line but let's him cut in far to easy.

Spot on about James, last two games hes made some fatal errors, which has surprised me as last year I found him to always be a reliable member of the team.

Sorry, but doesnt our away form read 3 points from 4 games?   That would equate to about 15 points come the end of the season away from home.  I'd gladly take 15 away points this season if offered now.

You're quite right but if we continue to play as we are away from home with an apparent complete lack of ambition and virtually no goal threat I think our away return is more likely to be around 5-8 points. I'd gladly take 15 away points now but I can't see us getting them. Don't forget 3 of our away games have been Palace, Stoke and Newcastle. You would have hoped to have had at least the 3 points we have got from those and maybe more. How many away points will we most likely get at Utd, Everton,Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Southampton? Maybe none and that would be half our away games gone with just 3 points. I know it isn't as simple as that but we need to improve away from home a lot.

We had a good start because we played to our strengths and played well. We deserved the points we got and we deserve the results we're getting now because we're underperforming.

If by 'average' you mean mid table/bottom half, then yeh we are. But we're certainly better than the last 3 results suggest.

That's exactly what I mean. We may think we're better than he last three results but in reality you are only as good as your results and the last 3 have resulted in only 1 point. We are always likely to finish bottom 5 and I haven't changed my opinion on that but we are now seeing that the gap between the championship and the Premier league is really quite big. We're in  the midst of a big reality check and need to get past it quickly.

No - the difference between Schlupp and Gallagher is that Gallagher didn't really do anything off the ball - Schlupp does track back, and covers a fair bit of ground - he just can't tackle and his end product is sporadic at best. His effort isn't bad, his work on the ball is terrible.

Gallagher 'just can't tackle' if Schlupp 'just can't tackle'. If it wasn't an excuse for Gallagher then you're not having it for Schlupp either. Just say it like it is, he pussies out of tackles. Saying anything else is nothing but bias against one player and for another.

Schlupp is an absolute disgrace, at least Gallagher had some technical skill and delivered some quality on his day. Schlupp is just a sprinter. He's a poor man's Lloyd Dyer with a lot less effort, and we deemed him not good enough to offer more than a one year contract.

Gallagher 'just can't tackle' if Schlupp 'just can't tackle'. If it wasn't an excuse for Gallagher then you're not having it for Schlupp either. Just say it like it is, he pussies out of tackles. Saying anything else is nothing but bias against one player and for another.

Schlupp is an absolute disgrace, at least Gallagher had some technical skill and delivered some quality on his day. Schlupp is just a sprinter. He's a poor man's Lloyd Dyer with a lot less effort, and we deemed him not good enough to offer more than a one year contract.

Eh? Gallagher couldn't tackle either - doesn't mean that Schlupp doesn't put any effort in. He runs around, but is technically poor. That's not a lack of effort, that's a lack of skill. 

That's exactly what I mean. We may think we're better than he last three results but in reality you are only as good as your results and the last 3 have resulted in only 1 point. We are always likely to finish bottom 5 and I haven't changed my opinion on that but we are now seeing that the gap between the championship and the Premier league is really quite big. We're in  the midst of a big reality check and need to get past it quickly.

I disagree. We'll see where we finish at the end of the season but I do not believe we are a bottom 5 team. We'll certainly finish above Newcastle on the evidence of the season so far.

If we're only as good as our results so far we'll finish above the bottom 5 because our current league position is above the bottom 5.

Eh? Gallagher couldn't tackle either - doesn't mean that Schlupp doesn't put any effort in. He runs around, but is technically poor. That's not a lack of effort, that's a lack of skill. 

I know he's technically poor, that is a different issue. I'm saying he lacks effort. You're saying he 'just can't tackle'. I'm saying he can't tackle because he doesn't try to tackle. He hangs a leg out and doesn't have the effort to actually win the ball.

And he doesn't run around either, it just looks like he does because he's quick. Actually watch him, even when he's within 3 yards of a player he'll jog slowly behind them.

Nah, sorry I'll accept some players are just shit. Schlupp is shit and doesn't try hard enough. Hence why I don't like him.

How awful were we in the final third today? When Newcastle started leaving gaps, time and time again we passed the ball out of play or put in a woeful cross. When it did go to a player in the box they did their best to mess it up. 

Kills me seeing Vardy out wide, he's so wasted there.

We're down. Chopping and changing every week, abandoning the principles that got us our two wins. Pearson looking increasingly clueless. Outsmarted by Alan fvcking Pardew.

We lose to West Brom next home game and I think the pressure on him starts to get very real.

We're down. Chopping and changing every week, abandoning the principles that got us our two wins. Pearson looking increasingly clueless. Outsmarted by Alan fvcking Pardew.

We lose to West Brom next week and I think the pressure on him starts to get very real.

we play swansea next week so it's them we will be losing to. west brom should beat us the weekend after. 

I know he's technically poor, that is a different issue. I'm saying he lacks effort. You're saying he 'just can't tackle'. I'm saying he can't tackle because he doesn't try to tackle. He hangs a leg out and doesn't have the effort to actually win the ball.

And he doesn't run around either, it just looks like he does because he's quick. Actually watch him, even when he's within 3 yards of a player he'll jog slowly behind them.

Nah, sorry I'll accept some players are just shit. Schlupp is shit and doesn't try hard enough. Hence why I don't like him.

I do like the irony of being told to actually watch someone by someone who is constantly wrong about everything. He does put the effort in - he tracks back, he breaks forward and he presses players. His problem is he isn't good enough with the ball at his feet. He's just shit.

We lose to West Brom next week and I think the pressure on him starts to get very real.

Given we don't play west brom next week, that's a pretty big ask.

We were very poor today! Sloppy passing, late challenges, created very little and look sluggish! Flickers of hope when Vardy and Nugent came on. Schlupp was god awful and Abrighton was average (reassuring to see some good deliveries though) so we should have changed the system sooner, with Ulloa clearly struggling to even find scraps to shoot at goal, but we changed too late. We really flattered them today and have pissed more points away! 1/9 from Palace, Burnley and Newcastle is not good.

Bad day at the office and those are the sorts of points lost that are noticeable come the end of the season but heads up and onto the next one. Could be worse, could be a Sunderland fan tonight.

we play swansea next week so it's them we will be losing to. west brom should beat us the weekend after. 

Given we don't play west brom next week, that's a pretty big ask.

Corrected. Not going to get anything from Swansea so it will be pretty real if we should lose to West Brom too.

I can't believe the amount of overreaction and rubbish I'm reading in here.

On the first page someone saying that the pressure will really be on Pearson if we don't win next week, people saying we'll struggle now, someone wanting Ulloa dropped despite the fact he's looked our only consistent goal threat this season and others blaming a lack of effort from the players. Have you all got short memories?

The last three matches have been disappointing but we've not been trounced by anyone and we've seen that this team have more than got what it takes to play in this division. People owe it to them and Pearson to give them a little more respect and patience, let's not forget just how new this is to 90% of the squad.

Perspective is the word. Jumping on people's backs is not going to be conducive in any way - let's see where we're at in December and hopefully look back at some of the outlandish statements in here with amazement then.

We lose to West Brom next home game and I think the pressure on him starts to get very real.

I'm sorry but that is probably the stupidest statement I've ever seen.

I disagree. We'll see where we finish at the end of the season but I do not believe we are a bottom 5 team. We'll certainly finish above Newcastle on the evidence of the season so far.

If we're only as good as our results so far we'll finish above the bottom 5 because our current league position is above the bottom 5.

Ok. But if we finish top of the bottom 5 I will be delighted. We need to get another win as soon as possible though so we don't lose confidence completely.

We need to play well at Swansea. Not neccessarily win or even draw but we need to see a decent performance. The starting line up today but with Mahrez instead of Schlupp and I think we'll be decent.

What we are lacking is some creativity from the bench. I'd like to see Powell on the bench sooner rather than later and too many more performances like that, RDL will have to make way for Simpson.

After 8 games in 1996, our first season back in PL under O'Neill, we had 11 points (same number after 10 games as well). In the two seasons we got relegated thereafter (2001-2 and 2003-4) we had 5 points from the first 8. Just by comparison. Feels to me like we just need to find a regular style and side now, which acquires the happy knack of picking up points. We could and should have had at least a point today and an extra two last game.

We're an average side, capable of great performances and absolute rubbish. We've seen the best and the worst of us in the last six weeks. We're not out of our depth nor are we brilliant. The manager isn't clueless but is making mistakes. We had a fairly settled side last season and I think Pearson is looking for that whilst not trying to be predictable and rigid. However it appears that he's changing a bit too frequently.

These last three results and displays have been very disappointing, highlighted more by the fantastic performances of the three previous games.

We need a performance at Swansea because our away form needs to improve. One goal in four games isn't good enough, we aren't affecting away games enough in an attacking manner. We aren't being battered, just edged out and giving away poor goals.

Archived