Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Swansea Pre Match

If you can't see he's shit there is no helping you.

Explain how someone playing for a premier league side as well as one of the biggest African football sides in the world is "shit" lol lol lol lol lol

If you can't see that Knockaert's shit, there is no helping you either.

There's no helping you anyway.

African sides are pretty crap in fairness.

Looking at Ghana's squad their defenders play for Evian, Esperence, Augsberg, Mazembe, Marisburg Utd and Mupalunga Black Aces so I think it's safe to assume he can't use that as an example of his quality lol

Abd probably quite worrying he couldn't get in that squad at left back.

Looking at Ghana's squad their defenders play for Evian, Esperence, Augsberg, Mazembe, Marisburg Utd and Mupalunga Black Aces so I think it's safe to assume he can't use that as an example of his quality lol

Abd probably quite worrying he couldn't get in that squad at left back.

Bloody hell :blink: I know Ghana aren't the side they were a few years ago but that's fairly dire.

I think Schlupp's quite unlucky that their best player seems to play in his position, anywhere down the left.

Algeria are the only genuinely good African side at the minute in my opinion. Mahrez has brought them to my attention and they play some genuinely nice stuff. I think 2014 won't be their last impressive world cup.

Full agreement, the African sides (Algeria apart) in the World Cup were pretty horrific.

And Algeria seem to have the advantage of picking up a host of French born players with allegence to them in this day and age.

Anyone see the Mercury today?

I'm not encouraged at all by Pearson's comments. Here are a couple of quotes:

'We do believe that as long as we are in the game we have a chance of winning. That is something we need to be slightly more aware of this year'

'That is if you go too open against sides with real attacking quality then you are going to get punished.'

They're not exactly the vibes I was hoping for. It sounds like he has not learned a lesson from recent games.

You see, that's the problem with only taking parts of it. It reads a little differently in full. Of course it's about getting the balance right and not going stupidly out to attack.

“That is if you go too open against sides with real attacking quality then you are going to get punished. We have to get the balance right between being aggressive and positive and I think we have been pretty positive in how we approach games this season.

Full agreement, the African sides (Algeria apart) in the World Cup were pretty horrific.

And Algeria seem to have the advantage of picking up a host of French born players with allegence to them in this day and age.

Nigeria weren't too bad to watch either I suppose but on the whole they flatter to deceive. They're too physical. Ghana were pretty crap, Ivory Coast were disappointing as usual and Cameroon were an absolute joke.

Wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Morocco & Tunisia pipe up again in the next few years. The French connection is one hell of a benefit. France produces a silly amount of good players.

This..

Drinkwater is the player I wouldn't even think about dropping at the moment. Easily our best midfielder IMO.

I'm worried..I keep on finding myself agreeing with Mr.P at present...

:P

Agree, cant understand many posters, who are forgetting, our top players from last season, started this one with injuries, and Drinkwater took a couple more in the early games.They are not taking that and new players bedding in into account.

This is far too early in the season, to start heavy criticism, of tactics or individual players.This is for most the 1st taste of PL football.The duo of James and Drinkwater need some gametime together, not yet played 3/8.Ulloa Vardy partnership same again, only a few games together, with Vardy also coming back from injury.

231014191349.png

Risky with the 4-4-2, but id let Vards drop deep to be a menace and help the midfield, then try and catch them on the break... we need the pace to counter

Maybe Albrighton for Knocky & swap sides with mahrez, but thought knocky did ok when he came on at newcastle, looked bright and battled well.

Fair play it has become really difficult to try and predict the teams....too many good players!

Can't see Swansea failing to score unless we contract Bob The Builder.

Can't see NP going with all-out attack so the shoring up will cost one attacker at least.

That means the most we can realistically hope for is a 1-1 draw.

Sadly, with the boss seemingly unsure of his strongest side - or reluctant to play it - and the side low on confidence or ideas, even if we got in front we'd just try to hang onto it in which case I can only see 2-1 or 3-1 to Swansea.

It's a long, lonely trip to Swansea and you need to be bubbling with belief.

I do remember a 2-0 at Southampton in their promotion year - so the unlikely is possible. But we closed down faster than Woolworths that night and never gave them a moment's peace. Something similar would do nicely in Wales.

----------------------------------------------- Don't care ----------------------------------

-------------------Don't Care - Don't Care - Don't Care - Don't Care-------------

--- James/Drinky/King/In Nige I trust/Diamond/Flying V/WM/Don't Care----

------------------------------------Don't Care / Vardy Party-----------------------------

3-1 to the Foxes bring em' on they're a quality side we will do just fine

4-4-1-1 

Schmiechel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konceskey

Albrighton

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Nugent

Ulloa

Albrighton looked promising against Newcastle, granted he didn't get involved a lot but think he could be useful to give leo service in the box and i would recall Nugent given how his partnership with ulloa looked earlier on in the season.

We MUST go here to win. I don't care what anybody says, setting up negatively will cause the 'unlucky' team curse to strike.

Ask yourselves these vital questions:

1) How many games did we play last season where we went to grab the game by the bollocks and win from the first minute?

2) How many games have we played this season where we have grabbed the game for the bollocks and gone to win from the first minute?

AND...

3) How many games last season did we terrorise teams with our pace and skill in attack?

4) How many games this season have we terrorised teams with our pace and skill in attack?

These are the two main differences. We go to Swansea and we play from the first minute to win. We may get spanked but I have every faith over time that if we play positive attacking pressing football like we did last season that we will pick up a hell of a lot more points over the course of the season than if we tried to contain opposition. Take United as a prime example - if we tried to contain them, Falcao, Rooney, RVP, Di Maria would have tore us a new one (well they did) but we wouldn't have scored 5 goals - no way.

Truth is that our defence is pretty garbage (I hate to say this but it's true) but our midfield and attack is without doubt top half prem, so let's pray to our strengths rather than trying to minimise our weaknesses. Last season we went out and played to our strengths rather than trying to play a style of football that didn't allow the opponents to expose our weaknesses.

We must EXPRESS ourselves!! Go out there lads and ENJOY IT - like what under-10's gaffers say to their teams!

My team:

Schmeichel

De Laet  Wasyl  Morgan  Schlupp

Mahrez  James  Drinkwater  Knockaert

Nugent

Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Moore, Konchesky, Albrighton, Cambiasso, King, Ulloa, Wood.

I feel like the noise that has been made this week suggests Simpson will start. He's been on media duties and Pearson has implied there'll be changes in a way which suggested a couple of regulars will miss out.

Just a gut feeling.

Mahrez will undoubtedly play so whatever formation it is will be one that suits him.

Explain how someone playing for a premier league side as well as one of the biggest African football sides in the world is "shit" lol lol lol lol lol

Yeh ok I will.

He's got no first touch, second touch or third touch.

He doesn't know how to use his pace.

He's weak

He gets his feet muddled up regularly.

His positioning leaves a lot to be desired.

He can't (won't) tackle.

His shooting is abysmal.

His crossing is poor.

His passing is woeful.

His decision making is atrocious.

Is that enough for ya?

BTW, African sides are also shit, his one didn't even get out of the group at the world cup and he wasn't even in the squad.

If you're fishing - aha.

If you're not - drinkwater has been below par this season. King has often been our best player.

Drinky hasn't been as good as he was previously. I think he needs to be dropped just to show that no one is guaranteed a starting place, make them work harder.

Yep, not playing well imo. 

Totally disagree, by far our best performer against Newcastle and has only really played badly against Palace.

King's done well but he's not going to influence a game like Drinkwater is.

Yeh ok I will.

He's weak

He can't (won't) tackle.

His shooting is abysmal.

His crossing is poor.

His passing is woeful.

Is that enough for ya?

BTW, African sides are also shit, his one didn't even get out of the group at the world cup and he wasn't even in the squad.

Agreed, the blokes out of his depth. 

You see, that's the problem with only taking parts of it. It reads a little differently in full. Of course it's about getting the balance right and not going stupidly out to attack.

“That is if you go too open against sides with real attacking quality then you are going to get punished. We have to get the balance right between being aggressive and positive and I think we have been pretty positive in how we approach games this season.

I did read the whole thing, I'm not trying to stitch Pearson up.

Arguably adding that bit at the end makes it look worse - does he think we've been positive in the last 3 games as well?

I think it reads like he's trying to explain himself. To me, it's clear we've changed the we've played recently and his comments seem to back it up that he's done it on purpose.

Hopefully he's bluffing.

Yeh ok I will.

He's weak

He can't (won't) tackle.

His shooting is abysmal.

His crossing is poor.

His passing is woeful.

Is that enough for ya?

Racist

Archived