Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Swansea Pre Match

As awful as I think Schlupp has been, I can't think of a viable alternative for the left-wing who can help out in defence. Certainly a new left-winger should be high on the shopping list in Jan (along with a new left-back...).

Another poster who is absolutely delusional. 

Another poster who is absolutely delusional. 

Is that really that delusional?

Like I've said elsewhere I do think some are a bit harsh on the lad but he's not Premier League quality by any stretch. Not yet anyway. I'd be looking at an attacking Championship side who could do with a left winger (or left back) to loan him too. A Huddersfield-like side.

You could be friends.

Woah, we haven't had any quality banter on here for ages.

Is that really that delusional?

Like I've said elsewhere I do think some are a bit harsh on the lad but he's not Premier League quality by any stretch. Not yet anyway. I'd be looking at an attacking Championship side who could do with a left winger (or left back) to loan him too. A Huddersfield-like side.

Neither's Knockaert, should he be loaned out as well?

Just pisses me off that Jeff goes from scoring & having Trippier's pants down one week, to being slagged off & being called Championship standard the next.

Konchesky.

Got slated last year and was one of our most consistent performers. He's been pretty solid this season too. John Terry isn't quick but he's still in the top 5 centre backs in the league.

If you can read the game and use your experience that makes up for a yard of pace.

and I bet he'd also tell you having Jeff play in front of him helps him out a lot

Re Schulpp;

He had half a decent game against Burnley (who are a championship team on loan to the PL)second half was quite anonymous.

He had one thing to do against Everton and he did it so bad it left a lot fans actually laughing at him, he did oone very good cross v Arsenal, he was dreadful at Stoke and even worse at Newcastle.

Fact is he never looks any good against quality.

Absolutely. None of the Chelsea back four have what you would call real pace but they stick to a plan and will probably have the best defence in the league come the season end.

You get the feeling people are playing too much FIFA when talking about pace in defence.

Agree with what you say but there back four would fit straight in at praps 16 others clubs and improve them.

Not sure ours would greatly improve any clubs defence.

But our defence with a little more speed may then get a foot in when a mistake is made.

Correct pace is not the be all and end all but a little extra would not hurt.

and I bet he'd also tell you having Jeff play in front of him helps him out a lot

Indeed.

Jeff gets so much unwarranted stick from a lot of our fans. It's like some want him to do bad.

Woah, we haven't had any quality banter on here for ages.

Neither's Knockaert, should he be loaned out as well?

Just pisses me off that Jeff goes from scoring & having Trippier's pants down one week, to being slagged off & being called Championship standard the next.

Knockaert is a better player than Schlupp. Easily.

Having Trippier's pants down? Really?

Knockaert is a better player than Schlupp. Easily.

Having Trippier's pants down? Really?

ATM though he isn't showing it, what has he done for the past half a season apart from score a decent free kick against Sheff Wed?

Nothing is the answer.

Schlupp had Trippier in trouble all first half, constantly beating him for pace, and not only that he managed to injure him as the game progressed, how can you not be impressed with that.

Don't we lose every time we go 4-3-3?

Nope; however everything in the past three weeks that I've said for once, has been right. 

Just proves I was right to block him lol lol lol

Thick people like you, need to start realising the difference between realism & sarcasm, in that particular post I was being sarcastic.

However I still was right though.

I also said we should of signed Luc Castaignos who happens to have scored 5 goals so far this season, the same as Ulloa, so therefore we should of signed both.

Thick people like you, need to start realising the difference between realism & sarcasm, in that particular post I was being sarcastic.

I also said we should of signed Luc Castaignos who happens to have scored 5 goals so far this season, the same as Ulloa, so therefore we should of signed both.

Along with about 30 others or more most have done fvck all.

Just another reason why I can't listen to your drivel.

In the Eredivisie. The same league Afonso Alves bagged 45 goals in 39 games in.

ATM though he isn't showing it, what has he done for the past half a season apart from score a decent free kick against Sheff Wed?

Nothing is the answer.

Schlupp had Trippier in trouble all first half, constantly beating him for pace, and not only that he managed to injure him as the game progressed, how can you not be impressed with that.

Nope; however everything in the past three weeks that I've said for once, has been right. 

He was decent against Burnley but you're hyping it up to be more than it was. Mahrez was better.

Knockaert's been off the boil for a while but it isn't rocket science to tell which one has more natural ability.

In the Eredivisie. The same league Afonso Alves bagged 45 goals in 39 games in.

He was decent against Burnley but you're hyping it up to be more than it was. Mahrez was better.

Knockaert's been off the boil for a while but it isn't rocket science to tell which one has more natural ability.

*cough* Haven't you seen Graziano Pelle this season.

Mahrez was better, but he & Schlupp were our most threatening players.

He may have more natural ability, but he isn't showing it at the minute, people were saying Obertan was naturally gifted when he joined Man Utd, despite scoring against us mind, he is shit, same applies to Ben Arfa on his day quality player, like Knockaert he shows it once in a blue moon.

Archived