Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Swansea Pre Match

Yeh ok I will.

He's got no first touch, second touch or third touch.

He doesn't know how to use his pace.

He's weak

He gets his feet muddled up regularly.

His positioning leaves a lot to be desired.

He can't (won't) tackle.

His shooting is abysmal.

His crossing is poor.

His passing is woeful.

His decision making is atrocious.

Is that enough for ya?

BTW, African sides are also shit, his one didn't even get out of the group at the world cup and he wasn't even in the squad.

Schlupp is no world beater, but your comments are so over the top it's untrue.

Remember last season Watford away? Sprinted down the wing, shoulder barged a player off the ball and provided a great cross for Knockaert. So your comments around him being weak, poor at crossing and not using his pace aren't entirely true, are they?

Young player, learning the game who has something special in his locker in my opinion. He does frustrate the hell out of me, but I see something in him and wouldn't want to give up on him just yet. Your comments about him are over critical

Remember last season Watford away? Sprinted down the wing, shoulder barged a player off the ball and provided a great cross for Knockaert. So your comments around him being weak, poor at crossing and not using his pace aren't entirely true, are they?

Young player, learning the game who has something special in his locker in my opinion. He does frustrate the hell out of me, but I see something in him and wouldn't want to give up on him just yet. Your comments about him are over critical

Weak I will agree with, the guy is built like an ox.

But bringing up one or two examples where a cross of his was successful doesn't cut it got me. The lad looks clueless half the time he has the ball. Something that will hopefully come with experience though. Would like to see him drop down to the championship for a season to a team that would be able to offer him game time week in week out.

Yeh ok I will.

He's weak

He can't (won't) tackle.

His shooting is abysmal.

His crossing is poor.

His passing is woeful.

Is that enough for ya?

BTW, African sides are also shit, his one didn't even get out of the group at the world cup and he wasn't even in the squad.

Haven't looked at all of this thread just saw this asnsoon as I logged on you talking about Schlupp if so I agree. Was the cross for Ulloa against the Arse a fluke though?

Haven't looked at all of this thread just saw this asnsoon as I logged on you talking about Schlupp if so I agree. Was the cross for Ulloa against the Arse a fluke though?

Fluke to find Ulloa definitely. If you slow it down and watch the replay you can see it wasn't looking at him.

It was a good piece of play though in terms of getting the ball into an area.

Yeh ok I will.

He's weak

He can't (won't) tackle.

His shooting is abysmal.

His crossing is poor.

His passing is woeful.

Is that enough for ya?

Agree about 90%.

Still young with a lot to learn.

Shooting for goal is atrocious which is surprising. It's got to the point where if he is going for a shot on goal, the little voice in your head says "over the bar" and sure enough.....!

Similar to the same little voice that says to you when Nuge is in a one-on-one situation, "gonna fvck it up".

Oh wow, you can remember one good thing he did from last November lol

Yeh they are true, just cos he can do something once in a blue moon doesn't mean he's good at it. He's nowhere near Premiership level that's for sure.

Oh wow, you can remember one good thing he did from last November lol

Yeh they are true, just cos he can do something once in a blue moon doesn't mean he's good at it. He's nowhere near Premiership level that's for sure.

One good thing in how many games. The guy is bloody woeful and there's not another premiership team who he'd get into.

He's a midtable/ lower league championship player at best.

231014191349.png

Risky with the 4-4-2, but id let Vards drop deep to be a menace and help the midfield, then try and catch them on the break... we need the pace to counter

Maybe Albrighton for Knocky & swap sides with mahrez, but thought knocky did ok when he came on at newcastle, looked bright and battled well.

JFair play it has become really difficult to try and predict the teams....too many good players!

Its a team selection, I would like to see NP put out.Seeing if that midfield powerhouse from last season, can hack it, then

keep it for 3-4 games, even if its a negative result tomorrow.

Young player, learning the game who has something special in his locker in my opinion. He does frustrate the hell out of me, übut I see something in him and wouldn't want to give up on him just yet. Your comments about him are over critical

Schlupp has been given a chance to show, and like you I believe he could hopefully be someone for the future.Now though I think he should be on the bench, and occasionally allowed to strut his stuff from there.

Albrighton, and Mahrez need game time to prove their themselves, as regular choices, with Schlupp coming off the bench.

One good thing in how many games. The guy is bloody woeful and there's not another premiership team who he'd get into.

He's a midtable/ lower league championship player at best.

as a winger a handful all this season, btw  those slagging him off for his crossing name me 1 where Lloyd Dyer crossed a ball like that for Ulloa's goal?

Schlupp has been given a chance to show, and like you I believe he could hopefully be someone for the future.Now though I think he should be on the bench, and occasionally allowed to strut his stuff from there.

Albrighton, and Mahrez need game time to prove their themselves, as regular choices, with Schlupp coming off the bench.

that's fair enough but Jeff has done a fine job, all those slating him would be calling for him to be made a demi-god had we bought him from United instead of coming through our own academy

We MUST go here to win. I don't care what anybody says, setting up negatively will cause the 'unlucky' team curse to strike.

Ask yourselves these vital questions:

1) How many games did we play last season where we went to grab the game by the bollocks and win from the first minute?

2) How many games have we played this season where we have grabbed the game for the bollocks and gone to win from the first minute?

AND...

3) How many games last season did we terrorise teams with our pace and skill in attack?

4) How many games this season have we terrorised teams with our pace and skill in attack?

These are the two main differences. We go to Swansea and we play from the first minute to win. We may get spanked but I have every faith over time that if we play positive attacking pressing football like we did last season that we will pick up a hell of a lot more points over the course of the season than if we tried to contain opposition. Take United as a prime example - if we tried to contain them, Falcao, Rooney, RVP, Di Maria would have tore us a new one (well they did) but we wouldn't have scored 5 goals - no way.

Truth is that our defence is pretty garbage (I hate to say this but it's true) but our midfield and attack is without doubt top half prem, so let's pray to our strengths rather than trying to minimise our weaknesses. Last season we went out and played to our strengths rather than trying to play a style of football that didn't allow the opponents to expose our weaknesses.

We must EXPRESS ourselves!! Go out there lads and ENJOY IT - like what under-10's gaffers say to their teams!

My team:

Schmeichel

De Laet  Wasyl  Morgan  Schlupp

Mahrez  James  Drinkwater  Knockaert

Nugent

Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Moore, Konchesky, Albrighton, Cambiasso, King, Ulloa, Wood.

Ask yourself this how many teams in the championship have numerous 6 to 10m players?

Archived