Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Swansea 2-0 Leicester - Vote Now

Schmeichel- 5

De Laet- 4

Moore- 3

Morgan- 4

Konch- 5

Mahrez- 6 (had our best shots and actually looked purposeful)

Drinkwater- 3

Hammond- 3

Vardy- 3

Nugent- 3

Ulloa- 4

James- 3

Cambiasso- 9 (Just because he's Cambiasso)

King- 7 (Played with tempo, neat header well saved)

lol

Love the 9!

Schmeichel - 4 - Could have been 3 due to his mistake.

De Laet - 5 - Despite the SKY wankfest, I thought he dealt with Montero quite well. He was definitely quicker and made a few decent tackles. He's still our weak link though.

Morgan - 6 - MOTM - Excellent tackle to avoid a certain goal. Slight mistake with the first goal IMO.

Moore - 5 - Bony gave him a tough lesson. Didn't really win anything and even Routledge outmuscled him at one point.

Konchesky - 5 - Nothing to really talk about. Caught out for the first.

Mahrez - 3 - Woeful. Didn't really help the fullbacks and couldn't have had a successful pass percentage of over 20%. He may well be flashy, but he was a liability today.

Drinkwater - 4 - Similar to Mahrez. Couldn't pass for toffee and just invited pressure constantly.

Hammond - 5 - Slowed play down in times when we looked riled and looks to pass back too much but he's the best performing midfielder we've got at the moment, which says it all.

Vardy - 4 - Not a winger.

Nugent - 4 - Poor, kept giving the ball away and didn't really do much. I expected him to do a job on Shelvey but he looked knackered, which is unlike him.

Ulloa - 5 - Looked good on the ball, but unfortunately he's only ever on the ball with his back to goal on the halfway line. We're wasting a quality player here because of wank service.

Cambiasso - 4 - The less that is said about the miss, the better.

King - 4 - Typical.

James - 4 - Struggling to get to grips with the league. Still not fit.

5 for mahrez and the subs. 2s 3s and a 4 for wes cover the rest. dismal again the most fitting word for a number of performances. 

Honestly, what did Mahrez do to deserve a high rating?!

Don't think he made one successful pass in the final third all game. He was tragic.

Honestly, what did Mahrez do to deserve a high rating?!

Don't think he made one successful pass in the final third all game. He was tragic.

he must've been the only one of our front 4 to control the ball all game. the only one to have a shot. the only one to take a man on. if we were going to score today (long shot i know) it was only ever going to come from him. he wasn't very good but he looked more of a threat than anyone else. he gave the ball away more, granted, but that's a bi-product of him actually touching the ball, something nugent, vardy and ulloa barely managed between the three of them. 

also we had this last week, since when was 5 a high rating? doesn't 5 say "average -" or something. as in nearly alright but a bit shit. which is what i'd say he was. 

he must've been the only one of our front 4 to control the ball all game. the only one to have a shot. the only one to take a man on. if we were going to score today (long shot i know) it was only ever going to come from him. he wasn't very good but he looked more of a threat than anyone else. he gave the ball away more, granted, but that's a bi-product of him actually touching the ball, something nugent, vardy and ulloa barely managed between the three of them. 

also we had this last week, since when was 5 a high rating? doesn't 5 say "average -" or something. as in nearly alright but a bit shit. which is what i'd say he was. 

I meant high rating in regards to the rest of your ratings.

Perhaps he was on the ball more than the others, but he didn't do anything with it. Which makes me think that your rating is slightly undeserved. Yes I know he takes a man on and has pot shots from 30 yards. All very exciting, but it's not going to win games. While nothing really worked out for the other attackers, at least they tried to go about their game in a style that was most likely to produce a goal. We were only going to get a goal from a cross or a through ball to get us in behind their defence (something Mahrez is usually good at) but nothing worked out.

You just knew it was 'one of those days' when Cambiasso fluffed his chance.

Perhaps he was on the ball more than the others, but he didn't do anything with it. Which makes me think that your rating is slightly undeserved. Yes I know he takes a man on and has pot shots from 30 yards. All very exciting, but it's not going to win games. While nothing really worked out for the other attackers, at least they tried to go about their game in a style that was most likely to produce a goal. We were only going to get a goal from a cross or a through ball to get us in behind their defence (something Mahrez is usually good at) but nothing worked out.

Imagine what it would have been like on here if Nugent or Schlupp had of missed the sitter Cambiasso missed!!

lol

It's been played down I feel?

:whistle:

Imagine what it would have been like on here if Nugent or Schlupp had of missed the sitter Cambiasso missed!!

lol

It's been played down I feel?

:whistle:

You're to Cambiasso what Grewks is to Nugent.

It was an awful miss, but I think the reaction would have been worse for Nugent and Schlupp because they're strikers.

Schmeichel - 4 - Couldn't due anything about the goals due to absolute criminal defending but he gets a 4 for not being able to kick a ball properly.

De Laet - 3 - Is this bloke shit or what? Don't think he made a successful pass in the first half. Second half performance improved but let's be honest it couldn't have been worse.

Moore - 2 - At fault for the second goal by playing quintero or whatever the **** his name is onside by a mile and gave away some daft freekicks. Bullied by Bony all evening.

Morgan - 5 - Class tackle to stop them scoring, he did alright to be fair to him.

Konchesky - 5 - meh

Hammond - 2 - Simply not good enough.

Drinkwater - 2 - One of his worst games for us, surprising really, not looked any good all season.

Mahrez - 6 - MOTM, only guy who looked like he gave a shit, wanted to make something happen and nearly scored, good effort that was.

Nugent - 2 - Rubbish, just retire mate.

Vardy - 2 - Did nothing but then again there's not a lot you can do when you're played out of position aswell as getting no service.

Ulloa - 2 - **** all service

Cambiasso - 2 - A few decent passes but get's the 2 for one of the worst misses in the history of the game.

James - 2 - Didn't realise he had come on.

King - 3 - Bless him.

You're to Cambiasso what Grewks is to Nugent.

It was an awful miss, but I think the reaction would have been worse for Nugent and Schlupp because they're strikers.

No, the reaction would have been worse because they are Nugent and/or Schlupp.

It was an appalling miss. Utterly dreadful. We all know it.

guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. i think a player should be marked down for trying to do stuff but nothing coming off (mahrez) but should be marked even worse for literally not turning up at all (ulloa, nugent and vardy). 

"taking on a man and having 30 yard pot shots" will win more games than attempting nothing at all. 

Wes would have been my MOTM if not for the fact he casually jogged back after being caught in the wrong position. For a captain to do that is ****ing nuts. 

I gave morgan and riyad 5s. Kasper a 4.

De Laet, Konch and Nugent 2s. 

Everyone else got 3s. 

Pearson got a 1 but I clicked that I want him to stay. Swansea got a 7 - for a team without a win/struggling for confidence, they made us look like a midtable championship side at best. 

Majority 3s and 4s with Morgan, Schmeichel and Mahrez topping the lot with 5. Swansea only get a 6 for failing to get out of second gear (not that they needed to). Pearson gets a 2 for the second week running. The ref gets a 4.

Pearson stays, quite bloody obviously.

Our fans also get a 3. A shocking vocal effort for the second week running. We're turning back into what we were like two seasons ago.

Like i said in the post match thread

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why people say things about our opponents (Newcastle the week before), Swansea this week, and people come out with comments that say they "were nothing special" or "not that good". Good grief, Swansea cruised past us in 1st gear today, and even then they played attractive slick football in spells. And as i said in the post match thread, if Swansea are "not that good" or "nothing special" that must make us incredibly poor on this evidence.

Swansea were decent. Played some nice stuff to be fair as they always do. I slagged off Newcastle because they genuinely were utter dirge who I believe are doomed for relegation.

As if anybody watched that last 25 minutes and gave King a 3 or a 4 lol

100% pass completion

Got our only shot on target from inside the area

Won his only tackle.

He's the only player in our squad who has looked completely at home in this division, with the possible exceptions of Ulloa and Mahrez.

Schmeichel 4 - couldn't do anything about either goal but almost gifted them another with one of the worst clearances in the history of football.

De Laet 4 - I thought that he had Montero under control for the most part. As I've said elsewhere I don't think he comes out of the 2nd goal with much credit but it certainly wasn't his fault primarily. Passing was atrocious.

Morgan 5 - Looked shaky but made a vital tackle to spare Schmeichel's blushes.

Moore 2 - Absolutely crap. If he spent more time working on keeping a straight defensive line rather than straightening his hair we might have had a sniff today.

Konchesky 5 - meh.

Hammond 4 - exactly what you'd expect from Dean Maria. He tries his best but he has looked massively out of his depth in all but 3 games this season. Shouldn't even be in the 18 for me.

Drinkwater 4 - doesn't look remotely at home at this level. Choice of passing was both incredibly negative and incredibly brainless.

Mahrez 5 - flashes of a 9/10 performance and flashes of a 1. Gave de Laet very little help, gave the ball away more than anyone (which was some achievement) and had 2 or 3 good shots from range.

Nugent 2 - barely noticed he was playing. Pathetic.

Vardy 4 - ran around a bit in the first half and looked threatening. Never once had an opportunity to run at Swansea.

Ulloa 4 - mediocre hold up play and I'm struggling to see where this talk that he's a hard worker is coming from. We don't press any more and it's a shame because it was good to watch (probably not his fault).

Subs:

James 4 - offered nothing.

Cambiasso 5 - would have been a 6 but for that ridiculous miss. He knocked it around nicely.

King 7 - the only one who looked like making anything happen.

These ratings absolutely spot on.

Nugent and Moore absolutely appalling. No one on the pitch covered themselves in any glory.

Time to pick a best 11 and stick to it, changing 3-4 players every week will not produce a successful and consistent team.

As if anybody watched that last 25 minutes and gave King a 3 or a 4 lol

100% pass completion

Got our only shot on target from inside the area

Won his only tackle.

He's the only player in our squad who has looked completely at home in this division, with the possible exceptions of Ulloa and Mahrez.

This

Whether we play with a 2 or 3 in the middle King should be the first midfielders name on the team sheet

based on performances this season.

While Hammond has performed well above expectations this season,every time I see his name in the starting

line up I think oh shit. It just smacks of negativity.

All I want to say is that Hammond shouln't be anywhere near a match day squad at ANY Premier League club - never mind the starting line up. Especially at one that is trying to stay up.

It could be argued that the Same be said about Pearson...looked out of his depth again and no plan B. Maybe the PL is beyond his capabilities!

It could be argued that the Same be said about Pearson...looked out of his depth again and no plan B. Maybe the PL is beyond his capabilities!

What about the five games before that?

Some people have such selective memories I often wonder if they actually realise what they're saying. Or do they know that they're lying on the issue and hoping people won't notice?

Love some of the King marks.only player in a city shirt that wanted it yesterday had a good header well saved and pushed forward when he could and tried to make things happen. People go on about him going missing in games but his movement of the ball is very good. But then most city fans only see any good in a player if he has the ball at his feet.

These ratings absolutely spot on.

Nugent and Moore absolutely appalling. No one on the pitch covered themselves in any glory.

Time to pick a best 11 and stick to it, changing 3-4 players every week will not produce a successful and consistent team.

Don't agree that Moore was appalling at all. Our CBs have come under immense pressure this season because of high pressing, poor full backs and slow defensive CMs, mistakes will be made. He wasn't responsible for our constant surrendering of possession and our lacklustre work-rate, which were easily the two biggest problems on show.

The biggest problem yesterday was giving the ball away cheaply not only did that put us under unnecessary pressure but it raised the confidence level of Swansea. There were very few ehe were not guilty.

Archived