Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ChrisWoodIsClass

Lawrence, Powell and knockaert

Yes they can actually be worse.

All these "he can't be any worse" comments are so ridiculous.

lol but its true you silly goose. Whats the worst that could happen if we started Powell and Lawrence up top next game? We lose without scoring and without any of our forwards having a shot on target? Newsflash - thats what we're doing every week these days.

lol but its true you silly goose. Whats the worst that could happen if we started Powell and Lawrence up top next game? We lose without scoring and without any of our forwards having a shot on target? Newsflash - thats what we're doing every week these days

We've done it for three away games and one home game, aside from that our strikers have done reasonably well. There is every chance Powell and Lawrence wont manage the goals that Nugent Ulloa and Vardy have managed between them over a sustained period of time, therefore it could be (much) worse.

Especially when you consider Nick Powells last first team start was a 4-0 defeat against MK Dons. now that is "can't be worse" scenario. 

We've done it for three away games and one home game, aside from that our strikers have done reasonably well. There is every chance Powell and Lawrence wont manage the goals that Nugent Ulloa and Vardy have managed between them over a sustained period of time, therefore it could be (much) worse.

Especially when you consider Nick Powells last first team start was a 4-0 defeat against MK Dons. now that is "can't be worse" scenario. 

Saved me typing it out.

What's the major difference that means teams aren't expected to do as well away from home? Different pitch size, a different stadium? I've never understood why a team is happy to settle for a point away but are much more positive at home and go for the win.

You're playing against the same team, the pitch is about the same size, half the grounds are pretty much silent anyway.

What's the major difference that means teams aren't expected to do as well away from home? Different pitch size, a different stadium? I've never understood why a team is happy to settle for a point away but are much more positive at home and go for the win.

You're playing against the same team, the pitch is about the same size, half the grounds are pretty much silent anyway.

I think there have been studies etc... which actually show home advantage has reduced quite a lot in the modern day. That is, the average points taken by the away team has increased. Something like that anyway.

I think there have been studies etc... which actually show home advantage has reduced quite a lot in the modern day. That is, the average points taken by the away team has increased. Something like that anyway.

I can understand at lower levels, especially if a team is part time or can't afford to stay in a hotel and has a long journey leaving the players tired.

Aside from that, it seems odd that the location of the pitch has such a big bearing on peoples expectations and managers tactics.

I can understand at lower levels, especially if a team is part time or can't afford to stay in a hotel and has a long journey leaving the players tired.

Aside from that, it seems odd that the location of the pitch has such a big bearing on peoples expectations and managers tactics.

In my opinion it shouldn't do really. A team should have a way of playing and stick to it apart from if they feel the opposition's style of play will give them obvious problems should they stick with it. It is funny when there isn't too much difference on pitch size etc... nowadays. It's all a mental thing

You all know how highly I rate Nick Powell so his inclusion into the squad is a no brainer for me. The lad has shown nothing but class since his breakthrough at Crewe so I think its time we stop messing around and give him a chance. Lawrence, from all reports, seems an exceptionally gifted young player too but I don't know enough about him myself to make a judgment but hey - maybe he will get his chance. Anthony's desire to play last night also shows me that he really wants to play for this club still and the kid has overcome some real ups and downs since he has been here, all he needs to discover is that level headedness. He does that and he is easily one of our best players on his day.

So, yes, I think it is time for Nigel to look beyond his Championship winning team. We have a side here that could grow and grow and grow given the opportunity so let's encourage that raw passion!

Apparently United fans are miffed as to why we signed him so cheap - the 'next Giggs' apparently - and they have a buy back clause of £11m was it quoted on Red cafe??

In my opinion, Knockaert HAS to be in the team, he was a revelation when we signed him and was one of our best players last season and definitely the most creative. He has the ability to create a chance out of nothing and I didn't see anyone even attempting anything creative against Swansea and Newcastle. He's not afraid of getting the ball, his touch is good, he can run at defenders and pick out a through ball - why would you not want a player like that in your team?

lol What are you on about? Shit I forgot about Nugent and Vardy's earth-shattering grand total of 2 goals between them. Vardy's had one good game, Nugent hasn't had any and hasn't looked anything like scoring in every single game so far.

Ulloa had a fantastic start but is being found out and can't operate without good service, which he isn't going to get from either Nugent or Vardy.

Powell and/or Lawrence can't possibly be less of an attacking threat than Nugent, that is a fact. You can't get less than zero.

This game against WBA, could just be the right game for knockaert.

Maybe we should try and be arrogant and greedy, and go for Mahrez, James, Drinkwater, Knockaert, feeding Vardy and Ulloa.

Cambiasso 1st sub..

Not gungho but moving forward with intent.I want to see James and Drinkwater, begin a game together, and claim their

rightfull places.

This game against WBA, could just be the right game for knockaert.

Maybe we should try and be arrogant and greedy, and go for Mahrez, James, Drinkwater, Knockaert, feeding Vardy and Ulloa.

Cambiasso 1st sub..

Not gungho but moving forward with intent.I want to see James and Drinkwater, begin a game together, and claim their

rightfull places.

Completely agree, that was our best midfield last season, knockaert and mahrez on the same pitch lets us play with more fluidly and allows our full backs, especially de laet to overlap when they cut inside - Albrighton and Schlupp don't allow this. That's what we did last season and it worked, we may as well go out to attack every game rather than sit back as that's when we're at our best

lol What are you on about? Shit I forgot about Nugent and Vardy's earth-shattering grand total of 2 goals between them. Vardy's had one good game, Nugent hasn't had any and hasn't looked anything like scoring in every single game so far.

Ulloa had a fantastic start but is being found out and can't operate without good service, which he isn't going to get from either Nugent or Vardy.

Powell and/or Lawrence can't possibly be less of an attacking threat than Nugent, that is a fact. You can't get less than zero.

Well much as I hate to be the one to point it out to you, your asking for them to be replaced by Powell and Lawrence, who also will not provide Ulloa with good service. 

Good job he has one then. Hasn't looked like scoring in any game yet has scored in one, lol good one.  

You didn't just say Nugent anyway, your pointing the finger at all our strikers who have 7 goals between them, a lot more than zero. And as we all know, it is about quite a bit more than just goals, Nugent had a decent game against Everton played well against Man U and played a key role in our goal against Stoke, it would of been very easy to have played worse than him in all three. 

Stick with your knee jerk reactions if you want, we're going to be pretty shit away form home all season no matter who plays so I'd get used to it instead of calling for gutting the side every week, the home form is what matters and we've had one bad game at the King Power. In fact not even that, one bad half. 

Completely agree, that was our best midfield last season, knockaert and mahrez on the same pitch lets us play with more fluidly and allows our full backs, especially de laet to overlap when they cut inside - Albrighton and Schlupp don't allow this. That's what we did last season and it worked, we may as well go out to attack every game rather than sit back as that's when we're at our best

Yes but Mahrez and Knockaert leave the full backs completely vulnerable, we're up against a different calibre of opposition this season. Mahrez and Knockaert as skilful as they are lack end product, if we choose to play them they need to offload the ball at the right time, look for the early cross or the short pass, not keep trying to cut inside or beat the player any more times than what they need to. It may be their style of play but they gift possession over to easily because it's always one play too many.

In my opinion, Knockaert HAS to be in the team, he was a revelation when we signed him and was one of our best players last season and definitely the most creative. He has the ability to create a chance out of nothing and I didn't see anyone even attempting anything creative against Swansea and Newcastle. He's not afraid of getting the ball, his touch is good, he can run at defenders and pick out a through ball - why would you not want a player like that in your team?

You just described Ronaldo and not Knockaert.

I was at this game and Knockaert ran the show with Lawence however they were playing a Man City youth team. I think that people are getting too excited. It was a poor showing from Man City's YOUTH squad not freakin' Barcalona.

Yes but Mahrez and Knockaert leave the full backs completely vulnerable, we're up against a different calibre of opposition this season. Mahrez and Knockaert as skilful as they are lack end product, if we choose to play them they need to offload the ball at the right time, look for the early cross or the short pass, not keep trying to cut inside or beat the player any more times than what they need to. It may be their style of play but they gift possession over to easily because it's always one play too many.

I'd have to disagree with this a little. If our strikers could finish the one-on-ones he's laid on he'd at least have two more assists to his name. If anyone has end product in our team on occasion it's Mahrez. He can pick a through ball like none of our other players. We also know his crossing can be good as he's done it for Algeria at least by the looks of highlights. Still, as a team we do lack overall end product and quality at the moment.

After Swansea, no one could argue if they were replaced by our "fringe" players.

We know what Knockaert and Wood are about but if Lawrence and Powell cant get a look in after the shizzle of the last 4 games, is it a question of Pearson just not rating them enough?

Archived