DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 8 December 2014 Posted 8 December 2014 I have always said that we would struggle, and just hoped we avoid relegation. However, I had no idea that our football would be so diabolically dire, as it has been. We look to be well out of our depth, and showing very little sign of changing things. I hope that those who still hang on to the belief that Pearson will be proved to be a "Mesiah", will be proved right, but on the basis of the last ten games, it simply wont happen.
Manwell Pablo Posted 8 December 2014 Posted 8 December 2014 This isn't a 'I told you so' post, but I hadn't a discussion with someone on here before the QPR game, I was saying it was 'must win', someone else so it wasn't, I claimed if we lost that game we would go bottom of the league and not recover from that day, now we're bottom we will stay bottom, certainly not get out of the bottom 3, put it that way. Obviously it goes back further than that QPR game but i'm making the point about when we went bottom. Like Durnerz said it goes as far back as the Palace game, and that's another point I made after the Man Utd game, I got slated for saying enjoy that result but keep our feet on the ground and we've gotta win the 'winnable'/games we should be aiming to get points now, well, what happened? I still stand by those comments, I hope I am wrong, I hope we do get out of it, I don't want to feel like this, I'm a right miserable **** (Even more than usual) these past 10 weeks, I know there are people on here that think people like me, with comments like I make want us to fail, no, I don't, however it's strange that 8 maybe even 9 times out of 10 the things I say turn out to happen, I don't built things up, make things seem ok, make excuses, I say it how it is. The comments I make, I just wanna be proved wrong from time to time. I have been with Vardy that's the only thing of note I can think i've been proved wrong on in the last few years if i'm honest. You wouldn't need it as it wasn't must win with two games to follow especially as we took the lead in both. Still not must win now as we can still recover. I think you need to look up the definition of "must"
Matt Posted 8 December 2014 Posted 8 December 2014 You wouldn't need it as it wasn't must win with two games to follow especially as we took the lead in both. Still not must win now as we can still recover. I think you need to look up the definition of "must" Ok, i'll let you get on with not worring about us not winning until they are must win games then, that of course will come sooner rather than later.
Bamba's Babes Posted 8 December 2014 Posted 8 December 2014 Don't worry, we're not going anywhere soon. Southampton, Spurs, Liverpool Man City for us. We'll keep you company down there. That's sadly comforting, what have we become :'(
LCFCSOULBOY Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 We still don't even know our best 11 yet or even where to play the players we have.Players played out of position. No organization etc. Is it going to get better before it's too late? Help me out guys to believe again. Depressed Leicester fan.
BlackburnClaret Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 I imagine that, like Leicester, they'll have a loud minority of morons who want him out. I'd say there were a quiet minority earlier in the season, but on the whole he is still worshipped.
EnglishOxide Posted 9 December 2014 Author Posted 9 December 2014 I hope that those who still hang on to the belief that Pearson will be proved to be a "Mesiah", will be proved right, but on the basis of the last ten games, it simply wont happen. What's this bollocks? There is no Messiah. Just football managers. Each of them are about as unpredictable as each other unless they have £500 million to spend. Unless you have an alternative manager who is guaranteed to have us winning every week you should shut up with this negativity. You think things would be looking as rosey at West Ham if they sacked Allardyce last season? Would Newcastle have gone on the run they had if Pardew was replaced during their terrible run of form? No. Because new managers need at least two transfer windows to shape their squad. There is a reason there have been no sackings so far this season. And that's because there are no better alternatives. That leaves one option for supporters. Support.
AyewJoking Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Yes look at the table and theres no reason to panic but look at our form and its a bad day in Bosnia.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 What's this bollocks? There is no Messiah. Just football managers. Each of them are about as unpredictable as each other unless they have £500 million to spend. Unless you have an alternative manager who is guaranteed to have us winning every week you should shut up with this negativity. You think things would be looking as rosey at West Ham if they sacked Allardyce last season? Would Newcastle have gone on the run they had if Pardew was replaced during their terrible run of form? No. Because new managers need at least two transfer windows to shape their squad. There is a reason there have been no sackings so far this season. And that's because there are no better alternatives. That leaves one option for supporters. Support. We're not West Ham, or Newcastle are we? Just because it worked for them, doesn't mean it will work for us. Use a little common sense, and try and understand that. The end of the season will prove which one of us is right.
5waller5 Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 For all the hysterics about how we are bottom and Pearson should go and blah blah blah. There is 5 points between 20th and 14th. It's tight. In literally TWO games we could be out of the danger zone. There are 23 games still to play. Everyone calm down. Moaning solves nothing. Try and cheer the team on. The last time we won was 11 games ago .... so carry on with this form and we will get those 2 wins .... just nothing else, and will be relegated with 8-9 games to spare. It's hardly hysterics to question the manager of a bottom of the league club that haven't won in 10 games!!!
5waller5 Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 'The facts' 'How many games have we won in 10, none.' - Fact, might I ask why we should only be looking at the last ten games though? I'd genuinely love to know why it's specifically the last ten games that are worth paying attention to and everything before that isn't. I assume after the Man City game the Crystal Palace result won't be relevant because obviously if 11 games were worth looking at we'd be talking about smashing Man United 5-3. Can we not learn anything about what the players and staff are or aren't capable of from the first 5 games of the season? Or from last season? Or the season before that? Isn't ten games far too small a selection to base anything on when you look at Newcastle this season for example and see the turn around without any change in management? 'Have we played well in those games, some yes, some no.' - Opinion. Most would agree with it myself included, not sure what point you're trying to really get across with it. Do you expect us to play well in every game? 'Are we good enough as a squad at present, looking at the defensive errors, lack of quality when given chances, and currently being bottom with no win in 10, I would say we probaly are not'. - Opinion 'Has the manager made errors, which has contributed to this run, even the most harden Pearson fan admits this one.' - Opinion. Again most people would agree, myself included, but everyone makes errors, we aren't going to appoint a manager who never makes any errors so again I fail to see what point you're trying to make. Your opinions seem to be based on some very curious 'facts', Look at 15 games instead then .... We're still bottom. Fact.
Ganty_2000 Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Oxides got a point here - no one knows what's going to happen and we may well yet turn out to be a Newcastle or a West Ham. Secondly, most of us thought this team would be at least competitive in this league at the start of the season based upon the development of the players/team over the course of the last couple of years. We should have more faith in that long term view and in the players. Pearson clearly still thinks they can be competitive and he's been proven right time and time again. Common sense would suggest that this is a disastrous loss of form but not indicative of the general ability of the team. Teams don't get 102 points one season and then 20 points in the Prem...we're better than that. We just are.There's no way it will go on for the whole season.
Monsell1976 Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Oxides got a point here - no one knows what's going to happen and we may well yet turn out to be a Newcastle or a West Ham. Secondly, most of us thought this team would be at least competitive in this league at the start of the season based upon the development of the players/team over the course of the last couple of years. We should have more faith in that long term view and in the players. Pearson clearly still thinks they can be competitive and he's been proven right time and time again. Common sense would suggest that this is a disastrous loss of form but not indicative of the general ability of the team. Teams don't get 102 points one season and then 20 points in the Prem...we're better than that. We just are.There's no way it will go on for the whole season.I personally think Pearson has miss judged the ability of his squad, that's why so little quality came in, in the summer, and in the premier league, he has to sit along for the ride until January.He has stated he's disappointed with the quality and mistakes in both boxes, but to be fair to Pearson, he has no option but to keep praising his players, he cannot come out and say, these players have let me down, and are shit. I think for Pearson, January cannot come to soon enough, but the next question is, can we get quality in, and will it be too little to late.
Manwell Pablo Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Ok, i'll let you get on with not worring about us not winning until they are must win games then, that of course will come sooner rather than later. What an irrelevant post. Who said I wasn't worried. I said that game, in particular, wasn't a must win game. Which it wasn't, they are two totally different things. I get fed up with people over using that term, and for you to try and say I told you so, laugable.
biggs Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 I'm pretty sure most of us would have not expected much higher than 17th going into the season even with our record last year. The battle for us this year was always likely to be a relegation battle which in its own will have our emotions stretched to the limit. I don't see it any other way and I do believe we will be in that battle and not sitting bottom with no hope at all. The relegation battle is often as exciting or more exciting than the title run......just saying
Monsell1976 Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 I'm pretty sure most of us would have not expected much higher than 17th going into the season even with our record last year. The battle for us this year was always likely to be a relegation battle which in its own will have our emotions stretched to the limit. I don't see it any other way and I do believe we will be in that battle and not sitting bottom with no hope at all. The relegation battle is often as exciting or more exciting than the title run......just saying I for one expected a battle to stay up, but I thought we would make a fist of it, and stay up or go down by a point or two, not go a quarter of a season with no win and just 2 points.This is a hard division but I thought like the start of the season, win one or two, get a few scrappy draws, and lose more than we win. Nobody takes away the early season results, and we will see come the end of the season, how important they were, in the bigger picture of the whole season. All we can do is hope now that we can get out of this, and at least make the relegation battle close.
RonnieTodger Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 I just can't see where the next win is coming from. Surely not from the next 3, and I wouldn't be surprised at getting nothing from Man City, West Ham and Spurs. Then what if we lose at Hull as well? We're on 10pts at the half-way stage.
fox in the sox Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 Luckily for City, QPR, Burnley and Hull all have very difficult games next season so the inevitable defeat against Man City wont cause any further loss of ground We should concentrate on this season before we start thinking about next season!
veezeeblue Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 You wouldn't need it as it wasn't must win with two games to follow especially as we took the lead in both. Still not must win now as we can still recover. I think you need to look up the definition of "must" Must : mold; moldiness; mustiness: or new wine; the unfermented juice as pressed from the grape or otherfruit
veezeeblue Posted 9 December 2014 Posted 9 December 2014 What an irrelevant post. Who said I wasn't worried. I said that game, in particular, wasn't a must win game. Which it wasn't, they are two totally different things. I get fed up with people over using that term, and for you to try and say I told you so, laugable. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/laugable?s=t Did you mean laughable? More suggestions: laudable likable gaugeable laughably slagable lodgeable legible laudably likeable lockable Slagable :xmaslaugh:
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot Posted 11 December 2014 Posted 11 December 2014 I'm fearing de ja vu coming on, for all the years we were 8th-13th in the Championship and 'only 2 wins from the playoffs' when, If we ever got the 2 wins (we didn't) teams above us won as well and we never actually made up ground. Hope we can turn it around.
truebluethroughandthrough Posted 11 December 2014 Posted 11 December 2014 Let me just get myself from under a bus, what a shit comeback. Things are shit yes, the season could turn around, and we could win every game until the end of the season, all if's, buts or maybe's. We as fans will react to what we see in front of us, and praise or complain accordingly. I love how people post facts that back up the poor run, and adds facts to their doubts about the manager and teams ability in this league, but those who counter the argument, just though sarcastic comments like "let me get from under a bus", or I'm not fickle. Let's look at the facts. How many games have we won in 10, none. Have we played well in those games, some yes, some no. Are we good enough as a squad at present, looking at the defensive errors, lack of quality when given chances, and currently being bottom with no win in 10, I would say we probaly are not. Has the manager made errors, which has contributed to this run, even the most harden Pearson fan admits this one. And not a fact, do we luck like winning a game anytime soon, seeing though we have been beaten by our supposed relegation rivals in recent weeks, and we are about to play the supposed better sides, down to your outlook, but on current form, I cannot see us getting near a point till hull. So before being sarcastic about people's views on how bad things are, look at the facts, and accept everybody doesn't have your patients, but have plenty to be concerned about. You maybe happy to see the season slip by, but a lot of fans would like us to stay up this year, and with the performances and results under the current regime, it's not looking the best Well there's half the problem with our support right there. "as fans we will praise or complain accordingly" What no middle ground? How about being content with the fact that the team that you follow is competing in what is perceived by many to be the best league in the world. We've had too many players hit a bad run of form, which has led to a drop in confidence throughout the squad which has been reflected in performances and results. I for one take heart in the fact that we have had such a run and still only a few points from safety, ffs it's not even Xmas. No need for panicking, sackings and squabbling in the stands. This is the time to SUPPORT, when the team is at a low ebb. Honestly, reading some of the posts on this forum over the last couple of weeks, half our fans sound like spoilt children. "Mwaaaahh we need better players get them now.. Mwaaaahh we're going down if we don't." Sob sob throw dummy out "Mwaaaahh sack nigel, inept badger mwaaaahhhh. And only 10 games previous to this. "we're going places with this team" or "we'll finish midtable comfortably " and of course "nigel pearson for England" Support is just a word to some people. Fickle is another but that doesn't even begin to quantify the hypocrisy of some of our fans
deep blue Posted 11 December 2014 Posted 11 December 2014 I'd have to disagree with that I think we have put in good performances but just lack that extra bit of quality to take the points and a bit of bad luck in between with individual errors. Think is we have been taking the lead in games only to give them a goal back almost immediately if we could hold on to the lead and suck possession off the other team for half hour then we might start holding on to these leads, teams are getting back into the game too quickly for us to give them any fear, and once they get the equalizer there tails are up and they are looking for the next goal while our heads have dropped. I agree with that, but add to the mix the word "confidence", or lack of. We don't seem to be playing with conviction as a team at the moment. Even when we go a goal up both the team and supporters show vibes of having no confidence that we'll hold onto the lead. It's a hard trough to get out of, and it just needs one little thing to turn it around - but it's hard to put your finger on what that something is. Based on our first few games, and on performances last season, we know we can play better than this. I don't believe that our squad isn't good enough to stay up; we're just all waiting for that indefinable "something" that clicks us back into playing with the confidence and conviction of our first few games. Let's just keep behind the team and hope for the turnaround to start soon.
Lasty Posted 11 December 2014 Posted 11 December 2014 Fine in theory. However, we have to actually win a game before we can start worrying about any permutations, and that doesn't look like happening any time soon.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.