Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
EnglishOxide

Look at the table

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looking at the table gives you cause to still hope and I still genuinely think our squad could turn it around - for what we sometimes lack in skill we make up for in effort. Sadly, though, it seems fundementally it's not going to happen unless someone has the balls to make a big call at the top of the club.

 

Bar Upson being injured through bad luck and Cambiasso and Ulloa's close season signings, name one other player we have signed in the close season who has made any sort of impact? Hamer has played one league game and kept a clean sheet then gets dropped. Albrighton, I liked the lad in his early years but has failed to really make any sort of headway yet. Powell seems to have made some sort of bad impression and the defence as an entity has been a shambles this season. There is probably more I could flag up but I'd be here all afternoon...

 

Adkins was sacked for less at Southampton and there are probably many others who also fall into that bracket too. Nigel isn't a bad manager but perhaps he has now reached the time for him to go. There's loyalty then there is oversight to the fact during these last 10 matches, like we did during that 17 game run a couple of years ago, we look pretty pathetic.

Posted

For all the hysterics about how we are bottom and Pearson should go and blah blah blah. There is 5 points between 20th and 14th. It's tight.

In literally TWO games we could be out of the danger zone. There are 23 games still to play.

Everyone calm down. Moaning solves nothing. Try and cheer the team on.

 

It's the form table that worrys me more than the actual table. If we were putting points on the board coming back from a bad situation I'd be reasonably confident. My problem is I can't see where the next win is coming from and I've no idea how you'd change the personal/set up to improve things.

Posted

I reckon that if we're not out the bottom 4 by Xmas, you can say goodbye, and hello to Championship football for another 10 F*****g years, and maybe another stint in Division 1 again.

Let me make myself clear, I like Pearson, I really do, but lets also make the right decision for LCFC and say thanks for what you've done, but we need someone with a little more Premier

experience.

Posted

This isn't a 'I told you so' post, but I hadn't a discussion with someone on here before the QPR game, I was saying it was 'must win', someone else so it wasn't, I claimed if we lost that game we would go bottom of the league and not recover from that day, now we're bottom we will stay bottom, certainly not get out of the bottom 3, put it that way.

 

Obviously it goes back further than that QPR game but i'm making the point about when we went bottom.

 

Like Durnerz said it goes as far back as the Palace game, and that's another point I made after the Man Utd game, I got slated for saying enjoy that result but keep our feet on the ground and we've gotta win the 'winnable'/games we should be aiming to get points now, well, what happened?

 

I still stand by those comments, I hope I am wrong, I hope we do get out of it, I don't want to feel like this, I'm a right miserable **** (Even more than usual) these past 10 weeks, I know there are people on here that think people like me, with comments like I make want us to fail, no, I don't, however it's strange that 8 maybe even 9 times out of 10 the things I say turn out to happen, I don't built things up, make things seem ok, make excuses, I say it how it is.

 

The comments I make, I just wanna be proved wrong from time to time. I have been with Vardy that's the only thing of note I can think i've been proved wrong on in the last few years if i'm honest.

Posted

I reckon that if we're not out the bottom 4 by Xmas, you can say goodbye, and hello to Championship football for another 10 F*****g years, and maybe another stint in Division 1 again.

Let me make myself clear, I like Pearson, I really do, but lets also make the right decision for LCFC and say thanks for what you've done, but we need someone with a little more Premier

experience.

 

Are you really saying that if we get ourselves into 17th in the next games then relegation is certain? Are you really saying that? Because it seems a bit of an odd thing to come out with.

Posted

This defence of what is happening is wearing a bit thin.

Well excuse me for not chucking myself under a bus yet!

This is football. Anything can happen. We have raised our game against the better teams this season so forgive me for not resigning myself to defeat yet.

Not expecting anything from Man City. But West Ham and Spurs aren't particularly frightening.

Things can turn around and be good again just as quickly as they've turned sour.

Posted

Couple of weeks ago it was 'only goal difference' last week it was 'only 1 point' this week it's 'only 4 point' the pearsonites really are deluded it is plain blind loyalty. It's okay to slate players like nugent but not the manager?

Posted

For all the hysterics about how we are bottom and Pearson should go and blah blah blah. There is 5 points between 20th and 14th. It's tight.

In literally TWO games we could be out of the danger zone. There are 23 games still to play.

Everyone calm down. Moaning solves nothing. Try and cheer the team on.

Go and eat snow. Optimism should be banned. Go to the naughty step. 

Posted

Do many Burnley fans want Dyche out?

 

I doubt it, he did a remarkable job and is making them competitive. Their fans, like Palace last season, just back the team whatever. We did it at the start of the season but have tailed off, especially at home.

Posted

The gap might be 4 points to us getting out of the drop zone, but believe me, its widening.

 

Look at the teams above us, and what they are capable of. Sunderland, highly organised and efficient, can go to a place like Anfield and look absolutely solid and shut them out for a well deserved point. Do the same thing against Chelsea, and have chances to nick all 3.

 

Palace bag a great win vs Liverpool, pick up points with great performances at tough places like Swansea and Spurs.

 

QPR with their firepower at home, if they can turn around their away form and keep the home form decent, theyll fancy picking up points.

 

Were just simply inadequate at this level all over the pitch. Sure, we might bag a couple of wins where a team comes down here and are very wasteful and we nick a goal and hang onto the lead. But the reality is were also gonna take some smashings too (and some of the recent results have been smashings too, just because it wasnt 5 doesnt mean it wasnt a smashing).

Posted

Well excuse me for not chucking myself under a bus yet!

This is football. Anything can happen. We have raised our game against the better teams this season so forgive me for not resigning myself to defeat yet.

Not expecting anything from Man City. But West Ham and Spurs aren't particularly frightening.

Things can turn around and be good again just as quickly as they've turned sour.

Let me just get myself from under a bus, what a shit comeback.

Things are shit yes, the season could turn around, and we could win every game until the end of the season, all if's, buts or maybe's.

We as fans will react to what we see in front of us, and praise or complain accordingly.

I love how people post facts that back up the poor run, and adds facts to their doubts about the manager and teams ability in this league, but those who counter the argument, just though sarcastic comments like "let me get from under a bus", or I'm not fickle.

Let's look at the facts.

How many games have we won in 10, none.

Have we played well in those games, some yes, some no.

Are we good enough as a squad at present, looking at the defensive errors, lack of quality when given chances, and currently being bottom with no win in 10, I would say we probaly are not.

Has the manager made errors, which has contributed to this run, even the most harden Pearson fan admits this one.

And not a fact, do we luck like winning a game anytime soon, seeing though we have been beaten by our supposed relegation rivals in recent weeks, and we are about to play the supposed better sides, down to your outlook, but on current form, I cannot see us getting near a point till hull.

So before being sarcastic about people's views on how bad things are, look at the facts, and accept everybody doesn't have your patients, but have plenty to be concerned about.

You maybe happy to see the season slip by, but a lot of fans would like us to stay up this year, and with the performances and results under the current regime, it's not looking the best

Posted

I love how people post facts that back up the poor run, and adds facts to their doubts about the manager and teams ability in this league, but those who counter the argument, just though sarcastic comments like "let me get from under a bus", or I'm not fickle.

Let's look at the facts.

How many games have we won in 10, none.

Have we played well in those games, some yes, some no.

Are we good enough as a squad at present, looking at the defensive errors, lack of quality when given chances, and currently being bottom with no win in 10, I would say we probaly are not.

Has the manager made errors, which has contributed to this run, even the most harden Pearson fan admits this one.

And not a fact, do we luck like winning a game anytime soon, seeing though we have been beaten by our supposed relegation rivals in recent weeks, and we are about to play the supposed better sides, down to your outlook, but on current form, I cannot see us getting near a point till hull.

So before being sarcastic about people's views on how bad things are, look at the facts, and accept everybody doesn't have your patients, but have plenty to be concerned about.

You maybe happy to see the season slip by, but a lot of fans would like us to stay up this year, and with the performances and results under the current regime, it's not looking the best

 

'The facts'

 

'How many games have we won in 10, none.' - Fact, might I ask why we should only be looking at the last ten games though? I'd genuinely love to know why it's specifically the last ten games that are worth paying attention to and everything before that isn't. I assume after the Man City game the Crystal Palace result won't be relevant because obviously if 11 games were worth looking at we'd be talking about smashing Man United 5-3. Can we not learn anything about what the players and staff are or aren't capable of from the first 5 games of the season? Or from last season? Or the season before that? Isn't ten games far too small a selection to base anything on when you look at Newcastle this season for example and see the turn around without any change in management?

 

'Have we played well in those games, some yes, some no.' - Opinion. Most would agree with it myself included, not sure what point you're trying to really get across with it. Do you expect us to play well in every game?

 

'Are we good enough as a squad at present, looking at the defensive errors, lack of quality when given chances, and currently being bottom with no win in 10, I would say we probaly are not'. - Opinion

 

'Has the manager made errors, which has contributed to this run, even the most harden Pearson fan admits this one.' - Opinion. Again most people would agree, myself included, but everyone makes errors, we aren't going to appoint a manager who never makes any errors so again I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

 

Your opinions seem to be based on some very curious 'facts',

Posted

I'm not sure why West Ham and Spurs aren't potentially winnable games? We clearly have a team that has frail confidence but it's the start of December. The only way is up from here. Sunderland were practically down in March last year and turned it all around. We've got a bunch of good, young players that don't believe they can win games right now. If they can get over that we'll start picking up points again and maybe we'll all end up laughing. The table is tight and we're not the worst team in this league....c'mon you Foxes!!!

Posted

Trouble is, I can't see where the next win is coming from. It's not just about results is it, it's performances too. And over this 10-game period most of the performances have been poor.

 

We haven't got a "winnable" game (on paper) until the 28th/Hull City.

 

I'd have to disagree with that I think we have put in good performances but just lack that extra bit of quality to take the points and a bit of bad luck in between with individual errors.

 

Think is we have been taking the lead in games only to give them a goal back almost immediately if we could hold on to the lead and suck possession off the other team for half hour then we might start holding on to these leads, teams are getting back into the game too quickly for us to give them any fear, and once they get the equalizer there tails are up and they are looking for the next goal while our heads have dropped.

Posted

'The facts'

'How many games have we won in 10, none.' - Fact, might I ask why we should only be looking at the last ten games though? I'd genuinely love to know why it's specifically the last ten games that are worth paying attention to and everything before that isn't. I assume after the Man City game the Crystal Palace result won't be relevant because obviously if 11 games were worth looking at we'd be talking about smashing Man United 5-3. Can we not learn anything about what the players and staff are or aren't capable of from the first 5 games of the season? Or from last season? Or the season before that? Isn't ten games far too small a selection to base anything on when you look at Newcastle this season for example and see the turn around without any change in management?

'Have we played well in those games, some yes, some no.' - Opinion. Most would agree with it myself included, not sure what point you're trying to really get across with it. Do you expect us to play well in every game?

'Are we good enough as a squad at present, looking at the defensive errors, lack of quality when given chances, and currently being bottom with no win in 10, I would say we probaly are not'. - Opinion

'Has the manager made errors, which has contributed to this run, even the most harden Pearson fan admits this one.' - Opinion. Again most people would agree, myself included, but everyone makes errors, we aren't going to appoint a manager who never makes any errors so again I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

Your opinions seem to be based on some very curious 'facts',

Mark, we had a good start, nobody denies that, but 2 points out of 30, in a league where we only play 38 games, 10 games is a quarter of the season and only amassing 2 points, is a concern, and my point is those calling people fickle, or look we are only 1 point, 4 points from safety, and berating anybody that is negative, people have every reason to have doubts about the ability of all the playing employees of the club to operate in this league.

I'm not getting into a in or out debate, because nothing says anybody could come in and do better with this squad, but questions have been asked about why wasn't more quality brought in, why can't we stop this run, all I know is, this run cannot go on forever without something having to give.

People have the right to have a moan now, these results are not a good feeling for any city fan, and we all will voice our own opinions.

Yes managers do make errors, but he/ we need to learn by are mistakes and fast.

Listen mark, I go home and away every week, and am fed up, and just want that good feeling around the place back, and I cannot see anything positive happening soon.

I love following the city, and will still go no matter what, and sing and back the boys, no matter of my opinion on here, I just want to see better, and get better than we currently are, a

Posted

Don't worry, we're not going anywhere soon. Southampton, Spurs, Liverpool Man City for us. We'll keep you company down there. :)

Sometimes you've just got to have a laugh about it and this tickled me.

2 wins and you're up the table, it's not the points as such it's how many clubs are between you, rather like being 8th and saying you're only 2 points of the play offs but so are other teams as well.

Posted

Mark, we had a good start, nobody denies that, but 2 points out of 30, in a league where we only play 38 games, 10 games is a quarter of the season and only amassing 2 points, is a concern, and my point is those calling people fickle, or look we are only 1 point, 4 points from safety, and berating anybody that is negative, people have every reason to have doubts about the ability of all the playing employees of the club to operate in this league.

I'm not getting into a in or out debate, because nothing says anybody could come in and do better with this squad, but questions have been asked about why wasn't more quality brought in, why can't we stop this run, all I know is, this run cannot go on forever without something having to give.

People have the right to have a moan now, these results are not a good feeling for any city fan, and we all will voice our own opinions.

Yes managers do make errors, but he/ we need to learn by are mistakes and fast.

Listen mark, I go home and away every week, and am fed up, and just want that good feeling around the place back, and I cannot see anything positive soon.

I love following the city, and will still go no matter what, and sing and back the boys, I just want to see better, and get better than we currently are.

 

Everyone wants us to be winning games, everyone wants the good feeling back. But we have to be realistic about the situation, we've got a side assembled with peanuts compared to everyone other than Burnley, we are going to lose a lot of games. I'm not happy about it, you're not happy about it, I'm sure Nigel and the players and the staff aren't happy about it, but I don't see what they could have done significantly different when the money wasn't given to them to get in the likes of Pelle, Inan etc. who we were linked to. Yes some errors have cost us in some games, a few are down to Pearson, I'd suggest more are down to players who were purchased for the Championship.

 

Everyone wants us to be winning, but as you say no manager can guarantee that, and there's no guarantee that Pearson won't improve things. Either way we're not going to win week in week out because we don't have and couldn't have the squad to do it in the Premier League. So what does calling for the managers head achieve? What does moaning achieve?

The only thing, I think, that we as fans can do to get the positive vibe that surrounded the place last year, is to create it by being positive at the ground. While we sit there and boo and moan, and wish that we could escape the harsh reality, it's going to be very glum going to games. If you think sacking the manager is the answer to our problems, then you're very wrong, if you don't then I don't see how moaning can make you or anyone else feel any better about the situation.

Posted

Everyone wants us to be winning games, everyone wants the good feeling back. But we have to be realistic about the situation, we've got a side assembled with peanuts compared to everyone other than Burnley, we are going to lose a lot of games. I'm not happy about it, you're not happy about it, I'm sure Nigel and the players and the staff aren't happy about it, but I don't see what they could have done significantly different when the money wasn't given to them to get in the likes of Pelle, Inan etc. who we were linked to. Yes some errors have cost us in some games, a few are down to Pearson, I'd suggest more are down to players who were purchased for the Championship.

Everyone wants us to be winning, but as you say no manager can guarantee that, and there's no guarantee that Pearson won't improve things. Either way we're not going to win week in week out because we don't have and couldn't have the squad to do it in the Premier League. So what does calling for the managers head achieve? What does moaning achieve?

The only thing, I think, that we as fans can do to get the positive vibe that surrounded the place last year, is to create it by being positive at the ground. While we sit there and boo and moan, and wish that we could escape the harsh reality, it's going to be very glum going to games. If you think sacking the manager is the answer to our problems, then you're very wrong, if you don't then I don't see how moaning can make you or anyone else feel any better about the situation.

Nobody is sure wether the money was there or not in the summer, and if they thought a very small investment was enough, then that would be very naive by all involved.

I come on here and do my venting, criticism and raise my doubts, I do moan at times at the ground, but I go every week and vocally support them, no matter what I think, but to some on here supporters like me are fickle, because we dare to be negative on a forum.

Don't care how we dress it up, there is more to be negative about, than positive, and it's harder and harder to believe we will get a result, and to keep what's left to be positive about going.

I really don't know about the manager, changing mid season is crap, but like I say something has to give, and if he was to continue and stay till the end of the season, with no improvement on current form, I personally wouldn't have him next season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...