Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Rob1742

Happy to go down

Recommended Posts

Posted

The whole point of amassing a big points tally, beating teams is to GET OUT OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

 

No one wants to be in it.

Posted

When we were in the Premiership under O'Neill, was there money around in the Premier League? Yes

 

Were teams like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, i.e. the bigger teams battling it out for the title? Yes

 

Were they still attracting the best players to their clubs? Yes

 

Did it stop us beatng them sometimes? going to Wembley and winning trophies? playing in Europe? achieving our highest finishes ever? NO

 

 

We were having the time of our lives in those days, It was incredible to be a Leicester fan back then. We went to the game after winning the Worthington v Sunderland, Heskey and Collymore up front, spanked them 5-2, and if circumstances had been different, the sky could have been the limit.

 

Im not going to keep arguing but come on, people would rather swap all of that for the Kelly days? the Levein days? the days of playing Preston in a 1/3 empty stadium and losing? the days of signing Mark De Vries as a predatory finisher?

 

I tell you, if we go down, and we dont come straight back up, and its no guarantee we will, we will get bogged down again down there. Its happened to many, many clubs. And god forbid, if that did happen, youd give your right arm to go back to where we were.

Posted

Being in the championship is far better. I don't have to suffer idiots around me who know nothing about our team and just want to talk about Man U all game, I don't have to wait so long for the toilets that I almost piss myself whist queuing, I don't have to suffer refs who are starstruck by being on the same pitch as Stevie G and pie face Wayne and I can get out of the car park after the match in under an hour. Roll on August 2015.

So you want Pearson to relegate us.? Are these some of the pro Pearson brigade who said it would be easy in the Premiership, and are so far wrong that they now claim that it will be an achievement by him to get us relegated? That's the gut feeling I get.

 

Where is the loyalty of these people to the club? Where is their ambition for the the club? Why don't they want the best for our club?

 

The above post demonstrates the sheer, blind stupidity of it all. 

Posted

I don't think people want us to fail, I think it's quite simply not warming to the Premier League as a league. It's all a bit depressing really. I can entirely see both sides of it.

Posted

So you want Pearson to relegate us.? Are these some of the pro Pearson brigade who said it would be easy in the Premiership, and are so far wrong that they now claim that it will be an achievement by him to get us relegated? That's the gut feeling I get.

Where is the loyalty of these people to the club? Where is their ambition for the the club? Why don't they want the best for our club?

The above post demonstrates the sheer, blind stupidity of it all.

You are missing the point. No, I don't want relegation, no I don't want Pearson to take us down. Loyalty is a given in my book.

The point is, it's not great up here, its crap. You travel to away games knowing you are virtually doomed. You are surrounded by a new, non loyal breed of fan, you pay more and you get a couple of chances a game if you are lucky.

So to compare last season to this, last was enjoyable, this season is not.

Unless you are a plastic fan, who goes to watch the opposition, it's not a good day out like it was last season.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

So you want Pearson to relegate us.? Are these some of the pro Pearson brigade who said it would be easy in the Premiership, and are so far wrong that they now claim that it will be an achievement by him to get us relegated? That's the gut feeling I get.

Where is the loyalty of these people to the club? Where is their ambition for the the club? Why don't they want the best for our club?

The above post demonstrates the sheer, blind stupidity of it all.

lol

Now dont hold back DT..say what you think!

Guest Col city fan
Posted

You are missing the point. No, I don't want relegation, no I don't want Pearson to take us down. Loyalty is a given in my book.

The point is, it's not great up here, its crap. You travel to away games knowing you are virtually doomed. You are surrounded by a new, non loyal breed of fan, you pay more and you get a couple of chances a game if you are lucky.

So to compare last season to this, last was enjoyable, this season is not.

Unless you are a plastic fan, who goes to watch the opposition, it's not a good day out like it was last season.

Thank God O'Neil, his teams and the fans didn't think how you do.

You've given up already. Pathetic really.

Posted

I loved being in the championship between 2004 & 2008.

Absolutely brilliant years. Jason Jarrett & Stephen Hughes pulling the strings in midfield, with Mark De Vries and Elvis Hammond banging in the goals.

 

To be fair there were far fewer morons in the ground. It's like every time the city's football team start doing well the Bradgate center release 10,000 retards. 

Guest Col city fan
Posted

To be fair there were far fewer morons in the ground. It's like every time the city's football team start doing well the Bradgate center release 10,000 retards.

You've got the name wrong and with that post you've confirmed what i always suspected. That you are a complete tool.

Lets hope you never suffer a mental illness.

Posted

I didn't for one second think I'd enjoy this season more than I did last season and was correct in doing that - but last season was so good because it was out of the blue, it was unexpected, we did so many excellent things against the odds during games (the turnarounds, last minute goals etc...). I don't think it will ever be that good again. We had the Championship at its absolute best last year.

 

As someone who goes to 90%+ of games home & away, this league isn't all that to be in. I do like the fact we can go for players like Mitrovic (though it's in vain if we don't get him) and I do love the potential of beating one of the big boys. I like the bigger crowds (to a degree...).

 

But I don't like the pricing of tickets. Fifty ****ing quid for a game of football? It's an absolute disgrace. It's not something unique to the Premier League as the Championship has some scandal in it too (Leeds were apparently charged the wrong side of £40 for a Tuesday night game at Norwich). I don't like the shit atmosphere at nearly every ground and I don't like the unnecessary hype added to so many things regarding the league. I don't like the fact people delude themselves it's the strongest league in the world and the absolute be all and end all simply because it has the most money in it despite it being proven year in, year out by the odd underdog and plenty of foreign sides that there's far more to the game than just money.

 

I can enjoy being in this league if we make a proper go of it and actually attempt to put our name on some silverware in the mean time like Swansea have. I can enjoy being in this league if our ground is regularly noisy and intimidating (that should be an aim regardless of our league). If our aim every year is to finish around 15th, paying the wrong side of £40 every fortnight to watch us comfortably brushed aside then I'm not going to delude myself that it's a good experience.

 

I don't want to go down, but there's a lot about this league that would soften the blow if we did.

 

As close to my views as any.

 

The most concerning thing for me is the worry that we'll not bother with the FA Cup this year to concentrate solely on survival. Or if we get to the Europa League at some stage we'll view it as a hindrance rather than embrace it. 

Posted

So you want Pearson to relegate us.? Are these some of the pro Pearson brigade who said it would be easy in the Premiership, and are so far wrong that they now claim that it will be an achievement by him to get us relegated? That's the gut feeling I get.

 

Where is the loyalty of these people to the club? Where is their ambition for the the club? Why don't they want the best for our club?

 

The above post demonstrates the sheer, blind stupidity of it all.

It doesn't have to be Pearson you fool!

Posted

I can't remember many people enjoying the championship when we had Craig Levein or Rob Kelly I charge.

 

pretty much this, like i said a few pages back last season was great and if we could do last season every other year then that'd be great. but one season like that, one crap season in the prem and then 8 years of losing to barnsley on tuesday nights or being turned over by colchester or something is not for me. 

Posted

Thank God O'Neil, his teams and the fans didn't think how you do.

You've given up already. Pathetic really.

 

This 10000%

Posted

You are missing the point. No, I don't want relegation, no I don't want Pearson to take us down. Loyalty is a given in my book.

The point is, it's not great up here, its crap. You travel to away games knowing you are virtually doomed. You are surrounded by a new, non loyal breed of fan, you pay more and you get a couple of chances a game if you are lucky.

So to compare last season to this, last was enjoyable, this season is not.

Unless you are a plastic fan, who goes to watch the opposition, it's not a good day out like it was last season.

 

The club owes you an apology. They should offer you some kind of make peace gesture for impacting you so negatively.

 

Sorry for ruining your day out in our pursuit of long term bigger ambitions and growth.

 

Sorry we took Barnsley away from you and now its more difficult to get a result, and some more people want to watch us.

 

 

 

Its like this peverse argument fans get into where they argue with each other they want the club to be as mediocre as possible with dwindling crowds just to engage in a dick measuring contest and say "I was still there......im more committed than you" than actually want the club to succeed and grow.

 

Your thread title was "HAPPY to go down"

 

No real fan would ever spout the drivel you do.

Posted

All this defeatist talk...the Premier League is the only place to be and we've got to find a way to stay in it. The last ten years varied between absolute rubbish and 2 or 3 years of good times (all Pearson led). No point cushioning the blow; if we go down it will hurt and be downright miserable. On the other hand if we turn this round and find a way to stay up it will feel just as good as last season. Move out of the relegation zone and this topic doesn't even exist. If you're content to go back down, then I'm not sure what the point is in following the team in the first place?

Posted

The club owes you an apology. They should offer you some kind of make peace gesture for impacting you so negatively.

Sorry for ruining your day out in our pursuit of long term bigger ambitions and growth.

Sorry we took Barnsley away from you and now its more difficult to get a result, and some more people want to watch us.

Its like this peverse argument fans get into where they argue with each other they want the club to be as mediocre as possible with dwindling crowds just to engage in a dick measuring contest and say "I was still there......im more committed than you" than actually want the club to succeed and grow.

Your thread title was "HAPPY to go down"

No real fan would ever spout the drivel you do.

Answer me this, would you prefer to win away at Barnsley, or lose away to Man U?

Posted

Answer me this, would you prefer to win away at Barnsley, or lose away to Man U?

Answer me this, would you prefer to win at home to Barnsley or win at home to Man U?

Posted

If we do end up in a relegation battle and need a win the last day to stay up. Those thinking we should be relegated would actually be hoping for a loss. Cannot get my head around that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...