MC Prussian Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 You do realise that if we go down and then fail the owners will sell up. Dont you You do realise that staying up is essential. Some people seem to think the owners will be here forever. What would you prefer. Trying to stay in the premiership. Or trying to stay in the championship. You forget that before Pearson we were trying to stay in the championship year in year out. You willfully exclamate the reasons why we were doing so miserably in between 2004 and 2011. Tight owner(s), financial constraints, consequences of having just avoided ceasing existence, poor signings, a hire & fire policy as far as the management was concerned, etc. I like the way things are going in the background at the moment. I've been craving for some stability for years. The owners have said they're here for the long run. They've invested money in promoting the club, improving the training facilities, the stadium. Staying up is not essential. It would be great. But if we should get relegated, we're surely set up much more healthy in terms of finances and prospects than ever before. Why not trying to get promoted again? That is an exciting thought and I think we'd be better off as a team thanks to the experience amassed during the current season. Of course, such a task is not easy. But sure as hell fun.
RowlattsFox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I think this thread is just people preparing themselves for relegation. Would this be here if we were sitting in mid table?
LCFC FOX Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 So what happens if we become a team who constantly comes between 18th - 10th in the championship, would you not get bored then?
MC Prussian Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I think this thread is just people preparing themselves for relegation. Would this be here if we were sitting in mid table? I guess people would be pondering Europa League then.
johnny the fox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Where is the happy to disband the club and walk off into the sunset thread?
Ric Flair Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 It can't be any coincidence that i've absolutely hated the PL this season when we're in it. I have loved being a neutral fan in the last decade and last season was sensational with us killing it in the Championship and the battle in the PL that Liverpool took to Man City and Chelsea. This season I can't stand it and haven't watched Match of The Day at all I don't think. This would all change is we could actually compete at this level but we've been the pits for 10 games now and i'm losing all interest to protect my sanity.
bovril Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 In general I prefer a lot of aspects of the Championship to the Prem. One thing that annoyed me over the summer was United or Liverpool fans telling me I must be looking forward to days out at Old Trafford and Anfield. Fvck off, I want my team to be successful not enjoy "days out". But going down after one season is depressing. I really hoped we could stay up for a couple of years and maybe go on a decent cup run. Also I needed a good season to try and wipe away the bad memories of 03/04. Some of the games from that year still haunt me.
jimmeh Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 English Championship Sa 09Feb 2013 Peterborough 2 - 1 Leicester L English FA Cup Tu 12Feb 2013 Leicester 1 - 2 Huddersfield L English Championship Tu 19Feb 2013 Leicester 1 - 2 Charlton L English Championship Sa 23Feb 2013 Blackpool 0 - 0 Leicester D English Championship Tu 26Feb 2013 Leicester 3 - 0 Blackburn W English Championship Sa 02Mar 2013 Ipswich 1 - 0 Leicester L English Championship Tu 05Mar 2013 Leicester 1 - 1 Leeds D English Championship Sa 09Mar 2013 Leicester 0 - 1 Sheff Wed L English Championship Tu 12Mar 2013 Cardiff 1 - 1 Leicester D English Championship Sa 16Mar 2013 Derby 2 - 1 Leicester L English Championship Fr 29Mar 2013 Leicester 0 - 1 Millwall L English Championship Mo 01Apr 2013 Barnsley 2 - 0 Leicester L English Championship Sa 06Apr 2013 Brighton 1 - 1 Leicester D English Championship Fr 12Apr 2013 Leicester 2 - 2 Birmingham D What fun the championship is aye.
Lasty Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Whilst I would never wish relegation on the City, the lower divisions are certainly a more enjoyable 'fan' experience.
jimmeh Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 22nd Leicester 52 points (Relegated) 2007/2008 19th Leicester 53 points (2006/2007) 16th Leicester 54 points (2005/2006) 15th Leicester 57 points (2004/2005) Boy I miss the championship...
Corky Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Of course our view is swayed by recent results, I wouldn't want to be a club that wins 9-12 matches a season for several years though and regularly loses half of them. Hopefully this will be a painful first season, we can survive and then improve. The Championship isn't fantastic, we still lost plenty of matches at that level and put in abysmal away performances. It says something that in a record breaking season it's generally considered the best atmosphere was at 4-1 down when our supporters starting turning on fellow fans The atmosphere in the first three matches this season were incredible. If we win on Saturday (huge if I know, before Matt or someone else tells me we shouldn't even bother turning up) then I think views will change somewhat. Palace fans probably felt the same this time last year.
David Hankey Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 "Happy to go down"!! What planet are you on? There is no other place, I might say in the world, where I would rather watch football than in the EPL. It is the ultimate test for any player, to be able to match and contest with the best. Playing in the Championship is for also-rans and I can't think of anyone who is their right mind suggesting that is where Leicester Ciity should be.
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I kind of relate to what he is saying, the home games are less enjoyable this year atmosphere wise. Boo boys are getting on my nerves too, no doubt the feel good factor has drained away from LCFC with our poor run. However our views of the Championship are rose tinted by what was an outstandingly excellent and thoroughly enjoyable year of promotion, made more enjoyable that by Feb onwards we all knew we were getting promoted and were anticipating the Prem. But let's not kid ourselves, I don't think we will ever have another year like that. That is not typical of the Championship experience we have had over the past ten years. We'd all rather be losing in the Prem then punching below our weight in the league below.
RowZ Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Some fans on here have hit a new low. :xmassad: If the limit of your ambition is to watch Championship football then please go and support a mid-table Championship side like Forest or Derby. :xmasdry: It's sure gonna hurt if/when the Rams are promoted this season - especially if they replace us. Sad thing is, I do believe the umbrella man is now more equipped to keep them up - which would be even worse.
lcfcbobby Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 OMG!!!! I cant believe that someone has started this topic!!! Whats the point of playing if you don't want to be at the top??? Just because things are not going our way at moment doesn't mean we shouldn't still want the best!! EVERYONE knew this season was going to be a completely different ball game and that we wasn't going to win every week like last year!! I for one am proud to say were in the prem!!! Cov, Derby, Wolves and Forest fans cant say that!!!
Guest Col city fan Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 OMG!!!! I cant believe that someone has started this topic!!! Whats the point of playing if you don't want to be at the top??? Just because things are not going our way at moment doesn't mean we shouldn't still want the best!! EVERYONE knew this season was going to be a completely different ball game and that we wasn't going to win every week like last year!! I for one am proud to say were in the prem!!! Cov, Derby, Wolves and Forest fans cant say that!!! Same here!! The nation oooozes mediocrity at all level! Lets get behind our team and maintain our Prem status. Bollox to Forest!
aggiefox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I have to agree to some extent with this! Last year was terrific and the excitement never waned.This year we had the momentum of promotion and quickly had 8 points on the board and that never to be forgotten win against MU. But in reality we were always going to struggle as most promoted teams do and in my opinion we did not strengthen nearly enough in the summer possibly because we were obsessed with the Cambiasso signing. But another reality is that financially we will do well and unlike some other posters I do not believe that the owners will pack up and go if we go down. If we do go down I feel we can return stronger and perhaps less naive in one season. Lets hope there is a quick turnaround but if we do go down for me it will not be the end of the world. Also we need to stick with Nige as if such a scenario comes about he is the man to get us back!
foxfanazer Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I'd never want us to go down........but I'm not panicking like some on here if we do. I honestly think we'll be a bit of a yoyo club for the next few years and qould be astonished if we had to wait for another 10 years to return. I don't feel like we prepared well enough for this season and our dominance last year made us believe we'd comfortably survive in the prem. In terms of entertainment I'd say the Championship was better for us because we were a class above. That being said the United game was extraordinary
Happy Fox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 The sooner January comes the better lets f**king hope we can bring in some quality to save our season. And beating QPR on the final day to secure our prem status, that would be fun!
Mike the Metal Ed Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 22nd Leicester 52 points (Relegated) 2007/2008 19th Leicester 53 points (2006/2007) 16th Leicester 54 points (2005/2006) 15th Leicester 57 points (2004/2005) Boy I miss the championship... Being shit in the Championship was awful, yes, but touch wood we'll never go back to the days of having to assemble a squad in a budget of less than £500,000. Those seasons were crap because we had crap managers and didn't have a pot to piss in. Being competitive in the Championship is more tolerable.
Matt Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I think the main issue and key word to use here is compete. I just want us to compete, I think we all thought we had the players to do that, how wrong were we! We cannot compete at this level.
AndWhat? Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Ticket prices are the main reason why I actually wouldn't be that heart broken if we went down. I'd rather be at every single game watching my team, having a laugh with mates in League 1 than watch us on a dodgy stream every weekend in the Prem.
Matt Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I wouldn't wish us back down there but I did love going to the shitholes in league one.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.