Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Rob1742

Happy to go down

Recommended Posts

Posted

You know what, I ain't all that bothered about going down, I think it is better in the championship.

To me, I don't get excited by seeing Man City, I go to watch our players, not theirs, so I really don't care for the opposition, as long as they make a game of it.

The Championship is much more competitive week in week out. It's a much closer league, and you know every game is difficult. You don't have two leagues in one, like in the Premier League.

It's easier to get tickets, and you don't spend your afternoon bumping into people wearing half scarves who treat it like a visit to a theme park.

Ticket pricing is another issue in the PL.

To be honest, I can't see many positives of being in the PL?

I have tickets for West Ham, but do I really want to go? I might flog them as it will probably be another painful day out.

Even if we get to grips with it and finish three quarters of the way down, the same issues will be there. You won't really enjoy the away days and you know you won't travel to many away games and get anything.

I think we are being brainwashed. Everyone says it's great being there, but the only ones to benefit are the club themselves with a huge payday and the players who suddenly get paid double.

We get to pay more, see us win less, fight for tickets and sit with people who are just there for a day out. I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Guest Papasmurf
Posted

So you'd be happier in league 1 then?

Posted

Actually agree. I'd like to stay up as I want to try and win a cup or go on a European trip but the PL per se doesn't actually bother me that much. Full of sky sports, exaggeration and bullshit.

Days like Man U at home are great but so rare. For the football going fan it's a terrible place to be and I can see why so many have jacked it in to follow non league or local football.

Posted

I said last season 'be careful,what you wish for'. I've some mates who support Charlton and years ago when they sacked pardew for mid table mediocrity so they could push on, only to go backwards and get relegated, clubs like theirs, and indeed ours, can now only achieve so much when up against the 'war chests' of the mega rich. I read somewhere that Man U are set to spend £140m in January? We can't compete with that. To be fair tho, we have some spending power and so compared to other teams we aren't badly off, but I can see your point.

The half scarf thing really annoys me too. Maybe, just maybe if it was a cup final, as a momento. But not a league encounter. Please no more.

Posted

Some fans on here have hit a new low.  :xmassad: If the limit of your ambition is to watch Championship football then please go and support a mid-table Championship side like Forest or Derby. :xmasdry:

Posted

I would have said are you mad, however I'm actually going to agree.

What I don't like about the premier league is the baggage it comes with, it's lost its charm. I don't know if many of the younger generation can remember the last time we graced it, but it had a charm about it, it was about the football, the fans and the atmospheres, now it's all manufactured bullshit dominated by the media, there's a falseness about it all, and watching your side get beaten every week just adds to the misery.

There's too much attention paid to details, and you're constantly under the microscope, English football at the top level has been ruined by the money bags, I'd like us to stay up but that seems highly unlikely now anyway, but I'm not going to overreact if we go down.

Stupid as it sounds I enjoy going to places like Huddersfield, Doncaster and Leeds, there's a charm about it and the chippies are much better!

Posted

I have enjoyed seeing some great football and big names in the PL, sadly not for LCFC this year!

Championship football is nothing to be sneezed at. Going bankrupt and in a downward spiral (Pompey, Coventry etc) is a terrible fate.

Going down with a bunch of overpaid mercenaries is the worst fate, it took years to repair financially and football wise.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Pretty ridiculous statement IMO. What are you in football for if its not to improve, win trophies and move on as a club?

If this is right, season after season you'd have no interest in promotion but would be happy to sit in the middle of the Championship every season? What would be the point in that? In fact, yes lets just be happy to drift down the divisions so we can play 'real' football every year?

Not very well thought out OP.

Posted

The Premier League is a product that comes alive in pubs & telly boxes on Sunday afternoons... It's less & less a participation sport with each passing year.

Can't stand how little we actually play a game the lack of action in midweek is tough

Fvck the Premier League!

PS. There's nothing more enjoyable than winning a Prem game

Posted

I have enjoyed seeing some great football and big names in the PL, sadly not for LCFC this year!

Championship football is nothing to be sneezed at. Going bankrupt and in a downward spiral (Pompey, Coventry etc) is a terrible fate.

Going down with a bunch of overpaid mercenaries is the worst fate, it took years to repair financially and football wise.

Except that we're not looking anything like that at the minute - we haven't really signed any outrageously overpriced players and we finally stand on solid financial ground.

The club is debt-free. Infrastructure has been improved in parts and is still in the process of being improved. The Youth Academy is making a lot of progress.

 

I think some fans live under the illusion that the "All In" approach as far as (player) investment is concerned would keep us up, when in reality, it's much more complicated than that.

Posted

Nothing great was ever achieved by those accepting mediocrity.

I was glory for my club, not an average existence. It may be harder and more painful to strive at the top level but give me that any day over League 1.

If you want to know how great it is in the lower leagues just ask a Coventry City supporter. They'd swap places with us in a heartbeat.

Posted

I don't want to go down, but I can't deny I wouldn't be losing any sleep if it did happen.

 

I think the league has lost it's charm somewhat for a multitude of reasons, ticket prices, over exposure etc. But you still want to be testing yourself against the best, eventually even that would lose it's charm though I imagine. Look at the crowds at teams that have just been plodding around in midtable or fighting relegation year after year, it hardly inspires fans.

Posted

Championship has a couple positives.

But what's the point of existing as a club if youre happy to be another shitty championship team. Plus our owners will sell up.

Posted

We played better football last year no?

The standard of football this year has been disappointing. Not just from us but from a lot of teams we've played, the league is very average at the moment.

Posted

Being competitive in the PL is not beyond us, we are no less able to attract talent than Hull, Stoke, Palace, Sunderland etc.

It is no fun being in the relegation slots in any league, and I would prefer to stay up, but there are worse things in the world than being in the Championship with a young team and parachute money to rebuild.

Bring on Man City, nothing to be afraid of! And enjoy it while we can...

Posted

I cannot believe this topic. Mediocrity is running rife through the LCFC and with supporters who aim as high as the second tier only, is it any wonder why our club has not done much when it has been top flight???

Posted

Outrageous statement IMO. I'd much rather see us in this league, where we - if we survive this year - potentially can build on it and possibly aim to emulate the likes of Swansea, Southampton etc. I miss the midweek games that we had last season, but I don't miss much else at all.

Posted

I've had a bigger buzz from beating United and Stoke also drawing with Everton and Arsenal this season than I had last year, beating the likes of Charlton, QPR and Birmingham.

 

Don't want to go down.

Posted

I cannot believe this topic. Mediocrity is running rife through the LCFC and with supporters who aim as high as the second tier only, is it any wonder why our club has not done much when it has been top flight???

So one fan is happy to go down and suddenly mediocrity is rife and it's all the fans fault. Yup ok.

I've had a bigger buzz from beating United and Stoke also drawing with Everton and Arsenal this season than I had last year, beating the likes of Charlton, QPR and Birmingham.

Yep... perhaps we all just need a win to get a bit of buzz back!

Posted

Beggars Belief.

 

Want to go down?

 

Prefer sh*t football?

 

Hm.

But is not sh*t football is it its a competitive league I agree with the OP you get better games in the championship and there is much more excitement

Guest Col city fan
Posted

But is not sh*t football is it its a competitive league I agree with the OP you get better games in the championship and there is much more excitement

Yes..but would you get excitement if you knew you weren't aiming for promotion? That's the point surely?

What would be the point?

There would be no interest in getting top two, top six or anything?

In fact, you'd actually be TRYING to stay down..

lol think about it....

Posted

Yes..but would you get excitement if you knew you weren't aiming for promotion? That's the point surely?

What would be the point?

There would be no interest in getting top two, top six or anything?

In fact, you'd actually be TRYING to stay down..

lol think about it....

Yes you would still have promotion and relegation I just think the OP is trying to say its much more exciting and better games in the championship and altogether a more structured league for the paying supporter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...