Alf Bentley Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Ideal solution: - 4 seasons out of 7: challenging at the top of the Championship, winning most games, having a cup run but narrowly missing out on promotion - 5th season: Storm the Championship as title winners as per last season - 6th season: Storming season in Premier League, beat a few top teams, win a cup and qualify for Europe - 7th season: Relegated due to the distractions of a fantastic run in Europe that sees Wes Morgan lift the Europa League trophy .....and repeat cycle! Alternatively, we could just enjoy what football fate has to throw at us and enjoy the rest of life (insofar as possible). Football's still a great activity, regardless of the bullshit and money that now surrounds it. Plus, if you get too obsessed with success, you're bound to spend a lot of your time unhappy. I bet there are a load of Man City fans out there who are miserable that it looks like Chelsea will win the league this season - and Chelsea fans who were whingeing last year! I grew up watching Folkestone Town in the Southern League but still loved it, because I love football, they were my team, it was interesting to see how the team developed and great when those rare, precious moments of success came along.
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Top trolling not everyone who has an unpopular opinion is a troll. he's explained his reason. you, sir, are the troll. idiot.
MC Prussian Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I cannot believe this topic. Mediocrity is running rife through the LCFC and with supporters who aim as high as the second tier only, is it any wonder why our club has not done much when it has been top flight??? Historically, we've been more a second-tier team than a first-tier team. That is open to subjective critique, as some of the older fans have gotten a bit too used to seeing Leicester in the Premier League/First Division, thus somehow assuming that it is our "rightful place". Since when is pursuing a long-term strategy being "mediocre". You want immediate success? Go support another, established team with its star-studded roster then.
jamesmilner Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 You're just admitting really , that the team is not good enough and losing is doing your head in ? If we were winning in the prem and not a relegation fighting side , you'd be different in opinion . Ridiculous post IMO , what's better than watching your side win in the prem ? Yep , nothing !!
Silverdaz Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 You're just admitting really , that the team is not good enough and losing is doing your head in ? If we were winning in the prem and not a relegation fighting side , you'd be different in opinion . Ridiculous post IMO , what's better than watching your side win in the prem ? Yep , nothing !! apart from beating your local rivals (Derby or Forest) on a cold Tuesday night in an electric atmosphere
Guest MattP Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 You're just admitting really , that the team is not good enough and losing is doing your head in ? If we were winning in the prem and not a relegation fighting side , you'd be different in opinion . Ridiculous post IMO , what's better than watching your side win in the prem ? Yep , nothing !! Watching them romp the Championship with 100+ points?
johnny the fox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Thought this should be on the Tinder thread.
surrifox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 for all the absurd ticket prices, dodgy owners, indifferent overpaid imported players, dysfunctional and psychotic managers and deluded and self-entitled fans it's still the place you want to be surely ?
RowlattsFox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I don't worry about going down, but I don't want to be embarrassed and go down with a wimper.
jimmeh Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Pathetic. Some on here take supporting a club way too personally and seriously. Its almost as if most on here don't have an interest in football. Only Leicester and Leicester winning. Sad. I follow Leicester but to some its way over the top
suffolk fox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 The standard of football this year has been disappointing. Not just from us but from a lot of teams we've played, the league is very average at the moment. Good god this. If the standard of the league is pretty average and we can't win for toffee in an average league, what on earth does that make us?? On that knowledgeable basis we must be really shit? My god, I sometimes wonder? Let's go down to the championship cos it's better? All the teams in the championship would swap Places with us today if offered the opportunity to play in the premier league. At times with topics like this I despair.
jimmeh Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 You all thought that we were just as good as half the teams in the premiership. You all thought we would finish just below midtable and then become a solid prem team like stoke and Swansea. And now its not happening you all spit your dummy out and say you don't care if we are relegated. You need to see a doctor
filbertway Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Good god this. If the standard of the league is pretty average and we can't win for toffee in an average league, what on earth does that make us?? On that knowledgeable basis we must be really shit? My god, I sometimes wonder? Let's go down to the championship cos it's better? All the teams in the championship would swap Places with us today if offered the opportunity to play in the premier league. At times with topics like this I despair. Until they go on a winless run and everyone involved with the team is questioned and slaughtered constantly.
jimmeh Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 The fact peoples emotions can become depressed because a football team is bottom of the league is pretty funny tbh. It must be ruining your lives
Babylon Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Good god this. If the standard of the league is pretty average and we can't win for toffee in an average league, what on earth does that make us?? On that knowledgeable basis we must be really shit? We're just below average, I wouldn't call us shit. We've not really been much worse than QPR, Sunderland, West Brom, Burnley, Hull etc. Whilst the teams are fairly average in the bottom half, the step up is still huge from the champ. I think people massively underestimated how difficult it would be.
Asha Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I feel like that sometimes. The problem is when you start going down that road you come to realise that football is essentially pointless. When you're in the Championship you're desperate for your team to do well, be at the top of the table and achieve the glory of making it into a league that will inevitably ruin your enjoyment of watching them. When I feel like that, and it's marginal whether or not I care that much, it's always easier to keep going to games if they're in a lower division and prices etc are lower. I've only been to the Shrewsbury and Burnley games this year and didn't come away on either occasion feeling like I'd really enjoyed myself. The problem I found with being an avid follower of LCFC, back in the days where I used to easily chalk up 35+ games in a league season, is that it gets boring. The Premier League has its perks, it's a novelty, it's been many years since Leicester have been there, but there's obviously a myriad of things that make it a less enjoyable experience. But would it really be more fun going back to Reading, Huddersfield, Ipswich, Cardiff etc next season?
JIMMYWILLIS Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 not everyone who has an unpopular opinion is a troll. he's explained his reason. you, sir, are the troll. idiot. Right
RowZ Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 You know what, I ain't all that bothered about going down, I think it is better in the championship. To me, I don't get excited by seeing Man City, I go to watch our players, not theirs, so I really don't care for the opposition, as long as they make a game of it. The Championship is much more competitive week in week out. It's a much closer league, and you know every game is difficult. You don't have two leagues in one, like in the Premier League. It's easier to get tickets, and you don't spend your afternoon bumping into people wearing half scarves who treat it like a visit to a theme park. Ticket pricing is another issue in the PL. To be honest, I can't see many positives of being in the PL? I have tickets for West Ham, but do I really want to go? I might flog them as it will probably be another painful day out. Even if we get to grips with it and finish three quarters of the way down, the same issues will be there. You won't really enjoy the away days and you know you won't travel to many away games and get anything. I think we are being brainwashed. Everyone says it's great being there, but the only ones to benefit are the club themselves with a huge payday and the players who suddenly get paid double. We get to pay more, see us win less, fight for tickets and sit with people who are just there for a day out. I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Of course it's more fun seeing your team win, and win well well week in, week out. I especially enjoyed league one for that reason. The paradox for us is that last season's success has brought us misery, so in that regard you have a point. Couldn't see too many Championship teams taking their foot off the gas being 10 points clear with 4 games to go though - can you? Can't help but feel the frustration of getting here after 10 years with super rich and ambitious owners - which felt like we really have (or had) the real chance of competing. Sadly, it feels like we're sitting around waiting for things to click because the owners and manager felt we were good enough at this level. The cheque book may be ready in January but 6 months into the season will be too late IMO.
jimmeh Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Why does losing ruin enjoyment of watching football. Do you not enjoy watching football?? Why do you go to the game if winning is only option. When i go to a game im looking at players performances. Tactics. The opposition. Do you just sing and boo? Supporting a club has become way too obsessive nowadays that's simply the problem
Larry_LCFC Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I've said similar all along. I prefer the chase of promotion, rather than actually being promoted. Actually gives us something to play for. Beats being relegation fodder in the PL.
johnny the fox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I've said similar all along. I prefer the chase of promotion, rather than actually being promoted. Actually gives us something to play for. Beats being relegation fodder in the PL. surrender monkey.
J.Lisemore Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 So you'd be happier in league 1 then? League 1 you say? I fvcking loved it.
jimmeh Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 You do realise that if we go down and then fail the owners will sell up. Dont you You do realise that staying up is essential. Some people seem to think the owners will be here forever. What would you prefer. Trying to stay in the premiership. Or trying to stay in the championship. You forget that before Pearson we were trying to stay in the championship year in year out.
jimmeh Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Winning the championship really has got to some peoples heads. big time
Dan Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I don't rate the Premier League at the minute, I just hope it'll improve, but I highly doubt it will. English football is a complete mess. It's spiraled into a joke league.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.