Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Upson

• 1 month later...

Was has proved an old head can be good in this league, people overplay the "we'll struggle against pace" stuff.

Agreed. it's a lot further to the goal if you have to take two extra touches to avoid the big man's elbows.

Was has proved an old head can be good in this league, people overplay the "we'll struggle against pace" stuff.

Was has been a lot more composed than Wes this season with far less mistakes. If Upson had played with Was i think we would of had a few more points,Liverpool at home ,QPR etc...

Ready to play now apparently. Can't see him getting chucked in straight away on Saturday, mind. But I am excited to see how he does, part of my feels he could be the centre half we've needed to make the defence tighter. His experience could be key, both on and off the field.

Ready to play now apparently. Can't see him getting chucked in straight away on Saturday, mind. But I am excited to see how he does, part of my feels he could be the centre half we've needed to make the defence tighter. His experience could be key, both on and off the field.

Left footed as well I believe, it must be years since we've had a totally competent comfortable left CB.

Miquel was left sided too I recall.

Yes but he was never a 'permanent' fixture in the side and very inexperienced so I wouldn't say he was 'comfortable'

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson has revealed Matt Upson's injury nightmare is over and he is ready to make his Foxes return.

The defender is yet to play for Pearson after suffering a foot injury immediately after joining the club from Brighton in the summer and although he may still sit out Saturday's Premier League trip to Manchester United but Pearson expects him to make his bow imminently.

"Upson is more or less available now which is very positive for us, he's got a lot of experience," he said.

"Hopefully once Matt gets on the pitch he can do what he set out to do. It's been frustrating for the lad too. I'm delighted I have someone of his ability and experience becoming available for an important stage of the season."

tunch was probably the last decent left footed centre half we had (albeit at a lower level)

He'd have been our Jose Fonte, no doubt. Absolute tank of a man and probably our most unfortunate footballer ever.

Archived