la domestique Posted 17 December 2014 Posted 17 December 2014 The back four need a talker, just to keep them all switched on. They seem to just to drift off and by the time they know what day it is the balls in the back of the net.
davieG Posted 27 January 2015 Posted 27 January 2015 Leicester City defender Matt Upson nearing full returnRead more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-defender-Matt-Upson-nearing-return/story-25927596-detail/story.html?#ixzz3Q11uX6To Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook
SlaneyLCFC Posted 27 January 2015 Posted 27 January 2015 Completely forgot we even had him. Hope he gets some game time and put's in some good shifts
Babylon Posted 27 January 2015 Posted 27 January 2015 Was has proved an old head can be good in this league, people overplay the "we'll struggle against pace" stuff.
Nick Posted 27 January 2015 Posted 27 January 2015 Was has proved an old head can be good in this league, people overplay the "we'll struggle against pace" stuff. Agreed. it's a lot further to the goal if you have to take two extra touches to avoid the big man's elbows.
lgfualol Posted 27 January 2015 Posted 27 January 2015 About time he got into the first team so one of our actual u21s could play in u21 games
Claridge Posted 27 January 2015 Posted 27 January 2015 Was has proved an old head can be good in this league, people overplay the "we'll struggle against pace" stuff. Was has been a lot more composed than Wes this season with far less mistakes. If Upson had played with Was i think we would of had a few more points,Liverpool at home ,QPR etc...
Fox92 Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 Ready to play now apparently. Can't see him getting chucked in straight away on Saturday, mind. But I am excited to see how he does, part of my feels he could be the centre half we've needed to make the defence tighter. His experience could be key, both on and off the field.
davieG Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 Ready to play now apparently. Can't see him getting chucked in straight away on Saturday, mind. But I am excited to see how he does, part of my feels he could be the centre half we've needed to make the defence tighter. His experience could be key, both on and off the field. Left footed as well I believe, it must be years since we've had a totally competent comfortable left CB.
Fox92 Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 Left footed as well I believe, it must be years since we've had a totally competent comfortable left CB. Miquel was left sided too I recall.
ScouseFox Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 tunch was probably the last decent left footed centre half we had (albeit at a lower level)
davieG Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 Miquel was left sided too I recall. Yes but he was never a 'permanent' fixture in the side and very inexperienced so I wouldn't say he was 'comfortable'
Fox92 Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 Yes but he was never a 'permanent' fixture in the side and very inexperienced so I wouldn't say he was 'comfortable' True point.
AKCJ Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 Leicester manager Nigel Pearson has revealed Matt Upson's injury nightmare is over and he is ready to make his Foxes return. The defender is yet to play for Pearson after suffering a foot injury immediately after joining the club from Brighton in the summer and although he may still sit out Saturday's Premier League trip to Manchester United but Pearson expects him to make his bow imminently. "Upson is more or less available now which is very positive for us, he's got a lot of experience," he said. "Hopefully once Matt gets on the pitch he can do what he set out to do. It's been frustrating for the lad too. I'm delighted I have someone of his ability and experience becoming available for an important stage of the season."
Tielemans63 Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 tunch was probably the last decent left footed centre half we had (albeit at a lower level) I bloody loved Tunch, should have had 200 apps for us by now. Such a shame.
AKCJ Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 tunch was probably the last decent left footed centre half we had (albeit at a lower level) He'd have been our Jose Fonte, no doubt. Absolute tank of a man and probably our most unfortunate footballer ever.
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 29 January 2015 Posted 29 January 2015 Miquel was left sided too I recall. I don't recall making this claim
Basingstoke Fox Posted 30 January 2015 Posted 30 January 2015 Upson, f**k you up. Upson, f**k you up. Saturday afternoon, Old Trafford. Don't believe me just watch!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.