Wilson_6 Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 How far away from the first team is he now? Played 60 mins for U21 last night. Once back to full fitness will he go straight into the first 11? How good is he? Vastly experienced defender do you think he will make a big impression on how we defend? a lot of people are saying we dont have much Premiership experience but with a back 4 of - Simpson Morgan Upson Konchesky they have over 700 PL appearances between them.
AKCJ Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I think that, going by the form of the defence at the moment, we need to try him out.
Stevosevic Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Can't be any worse can it? None of the CBs have done themselves any credit.
Guest MattP Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I'd have him in there if fit. Probably even try him and Wasyl.
5waller5 Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I think he could make a BIG difference to us .... At the expense of Wes for me ..... Konch Moore Upson De Laet Add an experienced RB in Jan and that looks an OK back 4.
Guest MattP Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Moore? He should be 4th choice from what we've seen from him this season.
HesNotGudjonsonn2 Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I think I believe in Simpson more than De Laet.
Wilson_6 Posted 10 December 2014 Author Posted 10 December 2014 I think he could make a BIG difference to us .... At the expense of Wes for me ..... Konch Moore Upson De Laet Add an experienced RB in Jan and that looks an OK back 4. Simpson has played over 100 PL matches. I really think he should ge getting some game time now although i do rate RDL.
5waller5 Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I can't bring myself to drop him!!! I also think that Was or Wes + Upson would struggle massively for pace against a lightning striker. I think I believe in Simpson more than De Laet. It's a close call .... I don't think either are quite there .... we need an experienced PL RB I think. Simpson has played over 100 PL matches. I really think he should ge getting some game time now although i do rate RDL. I didn't realise that!!!!! He'd got the nod over RDL then!
Silverdaz Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I think we will see a drastic improvement from the team with him in it especially with his experience and his ability in the air
Guest MattP Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I can't bring myself to drop him!!! I also think that Was or Wes + Upson would struggle massively for pace against a lightning striker. We haven't struggled against pace all season, we've been undone by balls into the box, not picking up men and not reacting quick enough to clear the ball. We've handled Lukaku, Sterling, Sanchez, Hazard etc very well. It's the Charlie Austin's and Wilfried Bony's we have struggled against. As Chelsea's slow back four show, the most important yards are the ones in the head and Moore is showing himself to have nothing upstairs on performance so far this season.
Phube Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I can't bring myself to drop him!!! I also think that Was or Wes + Upson would struggle massively for pace against a lightning striker. But how many goals have we conceded like that... and how many to poor defending in the box and at set pieces!?
5waller5 Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 We haven't struggled against pace all season, we've been undone by balls into the box, not picking up men and not reacting quick enough to clear the ball. We've handled Lukaku, Sterling, Sanchez, Hazard etc very well. It's the Charlie Austin's and Wilfried Bony's we have struggled against. As Chelsea's slow back four show, the most important yards are the ones in the head and Moore is showing himself to have nothing upstairs on performance so far this season. But how many goals have we conceded like that... and how many to poor defending in the box and at set pieces!? It's very true. Knowing our luck we'd plug the crosses problem with Upson and suddenly start conceding to balls played in behind our defence. He looks ill... He looks in great shape!!!! Straight in the team!!!!
cityfanlee23 Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 We know what will happen, We will put our hopes on him getting fit and not sign a CB, BANG injury on the 1st February
Ric Flair Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Liam Moore has been dog muck this season, but then again most of the defence has. We are crying out for a left sided centre half who is quality in the air and experienced, Upson is our man. Can he still cut it? Who knows, but he has been very consistent throughout his career in the PL and was brilliant for Brighton.
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I don't think Upson is going to be a saviour somehow....
foxinsocks Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 I don't think Upson is going to be a saviour somehow.... I don't think so either - and Nigel is talking f buying a centre half - so he doesn't either. I am still underwhelmed by Albringhton.
lcfcbobby Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 cant remember where I read it but upson said last week that he was still a long way off being match fit for the first team
Aarongu Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 This Upson return is starting to feel like the 2010 World Cup and Gareth Barry. A player always gets better when they aren't in the side and the side is struggling.
Guest MattP Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 This Upson return is starting to feel like the 2010 World Cup and Gareth Barry. A player always gets better when they aren't in the side and the side is struggling. The fact he was playing in a World Cup surely shows he has quite a bit of quality to his game.
Harry - LCFC Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 Feels like we're signing a new player. Obviously you know he's there but it's only now he's really part of the squad. I think he'll be decent, hope so anyway,
johnny the fox Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 He looks ill... Can he be allowed to play with a walking stick?
Aarongu Posted 10 December 2014 Posted 10 December 2014 What I mean is, during that World Cup, there was a stupid media campaign that once Gareth Barry returned, everything would be fine. I'm not doubting Matt Upson is a good player but this idea that he will solve all our defensive worries is wrong.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.