Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tottenham Pre-match

agreed, konchesky has been solid enough for us all season and i dont think we should be letting one mistake (albeit a big mistake) change our opinions on him. It's funny, not many people thought he was a massive liability before the hammers game.

we're a fickle bunch

I was fuming on Saturday because it seems as if almost every game Konchesky has managed an awful back pass at some point in the game.

I think people thinks he's been okay purely because he hasn't been as appallingly awful as many expected him to be at this level.

I certainly thought that a left back would be the first position filled during the close season, in an ideal world I'd have got 2 in as I didnt/don't rate either of the current options.

Of course Vardy is struggling. He's playing on his own against four defenders in a team sitting back.

Any striker would struggle in that. We're just using him at the minute to try and win territory by him chasing balls we just hoof into the channels.

That's a pretty fair comment. I'm still a little worried about him though. He seems to lack the skill to go round people and only ever seems capable of beating players with pace. Too many are sussing him out for that.

Matt, there really is no point getting worked up by player interviews. It's the same shite all the time, win, lose or draw.

Is it?

Didn't notice much of it last year, maybe it was because we were doing well and I didn't notice it, but I honestly don't think there were all that many articles at all last year.

Is it?

Didn't notice much of it last year, maybe it was because we were doing well and I didn't notice it, but I honestly don't think there were all that many articles at all last year.

Yeah, just that fans don't tend to notice as results are good. All about keeping focused, enjoying the football, not getting carried away.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/WATCH-Highlights-Leicester-City-s-4-4-thriller/story-25760879-detail/story.html?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoioiNkpFF0#t=1524

this game had it all.

They played for/managed both teams.

Crap defending

Own goals

Defoe scoring

Comebacks

Red card

Last time we scored from a corner :xmastongue:  :xmascool:

Go in front

Dropping 2 points in the 89th minute

Oh and 8 goals

Why not give Powell a start over Cambiasso for once, he's creative and might stop the endless long balls from our defence going straight to the other team?

He's done nothing to show he'd do well in this team. I don't know why people continue to act like he's our potential saviour. Probably one of the worst players in our squad right now.

He's done nothing to show he'd do well in this team. I don't know why people continue to act like he's our potential saviour. Probably one of the worst players in our squad right now.

Based on 3 substitute appearances, 41 minutes to be precise? Ok he might not be the answer, i'm not saying he is the answer but can you really say he is 'one of the worst players in our squad right now' based on 3 substitute appearances/41 minutes?

I'd also like someone to explain the 'attitude' comments that he was accused of when there was a thread saying he'd gone back to United.

Based on 3 substitute appearances, 41 minutes to be precise? Ok he might not be the answer, i'm not saying he is the answer but can you really say he is 'one of the worst players in our squad right now' based on 3 substitute appearances/41 minutes?

I'd also like someone to explain the 'attitude' comments that he was accused of when there was a thread saying he'd gone back to United.

Do you think there might be a reason why he's played so little?

Do you think there might be a reason why he's played so little?

Rightio.

All i'm saying is if he's worse than we currently have, well jesus, he must be League Two maybe even bloody Conference standard, he seriously can't be any worse than what we currently have playing.

Powell has been poor in every game he's played so far.

He might not have had much of a chance and it's not easy for a young player coming into a losing side, but so far his City career has been an absolute embarrassment.

After reading half of the posts for the spurs game, i gave up,

it seems to me there is a real need for our team to change direction,

we had a recipe for success last season, admitted at a much easier level,

vardy and nugent were pressing teams deep in the heart of their defences

which led to our midfield being more composed, and our back four less overwhelmed.

unfortunately we can not play this way with alloa up front, that is a fact,

know he has scored six goals, but this has not transmitted into points.

spurs are beatable they have quality players but play low energy football,

and are not the most determined team around, i reckon if n.p picked vardy and nuge up front

we could claim a three pointer here.

A8742_zpsfde63857.jpg

Leicester City host Tottenham Hotspur at the King Power Stadium on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December 2014 (KO 15:00) in the 18th round of 2014-15 Premier League Matches.

The Foxes come into the match in bottom place in the Table on 10 points, while Spurs are in 7th place on 27 points. This will be the 106th time the two teams have played each other.

Leicester were founded in 1884 as Leicester Fosse by old schoolboys from Wyggeston School, joining the Football Association in 1890. They moved to Filbert Street in 1891 and were elected to the Second Division of the Football League in 1894. They won promotion to Division One in 1908-09, the same season in which Tottenham Hotspur joined the League in Division Two.

The first meeting between the clubs came in the first round of the FA Cup (today's third round) in January 1914 at Filbert Street and ended in an astonishing 5-5 draw. Spurs won the replay 2-0 at White Hart Lane.

Financial difficulties before World War One forced Leicester Fosse to fold and the club was restructure under the new name of Leicester City. The first League meeting with Spurs came in September 1919 at the Lane in Division Two with Tottenham winning 4-0. The reverse fixture was also won by Spurs 4-2.

The next meeting came in Division One in October 1925 with the Foxes winning 5-3 at Filbert Street and completing the double with a 3-1 win at the Lane in March 1926.

The clubs met for four more seasons in the Top Flight and two seasons in Division Two before League football was suspended during World War Two.
Four games were played during the War years and when the League resumed the clubs played for four more seasons in the Second Division before Spurs won promotion in the 1949-50 season.

Every League encounter from the 1954-55 season onwards between Spurs & Leicester has been in the Top Flight.

The 1960-61 FA Cup Final at Wembley saw Tottenham beat Leicester 2-0 with goals from Bobby Smith and Terry Dyson to complete the League & Cup "Double" for the first time in the 20th Century.

The clubs participated in the 1977 pre-season Nolia Cup in Sweden with Spurs winning 2-1.

Spurs were founder members of the Premier League in 1992-93 but the first game against Leicester only came in September 1994 with the Foxes winning 3-1.

Tottenham won their second Wembley Final against Leicester when they finished 1-0 winners in the 1999 Football League Cup Final with Alan Nielsen grabbing the only goal.

In 2002, Leicester moved from Filbert Street into their new home, which was first called Filbert Way and then Walkers Stadium. It was re-named King Power Stadium in August 2010.

Leicester have had the better record in the 16 Premier League games played so far with 8 wins to Tottenham's 5 with the other 3 games drawn.
The last meeting came in the FA Cup third round in January 2006 with Leicester winning 3-2 on home soil.

Two current Spurs players had loan spells with the Foxes: defender Kyle Naughton in 2010-11 (34 appearances, 5 goals) and striker Harry Kane in 2013 (13 appearances, 2 goals).

Overall, Spurs have won 54 of the 105 games played with Leicester winning 33 and the remaining 18 matches drawn. Spurs are due to host Leicester at White Hart Lane on Saturday 21st March 2015.

P588_zps7c56fe89.png

A8757_zps6a9ed676.jpg

They Played for Spurs & Leicester...

Ben Alnwick
Joe Barlow
Tommy Clay
Stephen Clemence
Terry Fenwick
Les Ferdinand
Steffen Freund
Márton Fülöp
Ricky Hill (Spurs coach, City player)
Jimmy Holmes
Percy Humphries
Harry Kane
Kasey Keller
Paul Konchesky
Bill Lane
Billy Leech
Gary Lineker
Jim Milliken
Fred Milnes
Paul Moran
Kyle Naughton
Taffy O'Callaghan
David Pleat (manager with both clubs)
Tom Roberts
Buchanan Sharp
Harry Sparrow
Cyril Spiers (Spurs player, City coach)
Peter Taylor (Spurs player, City manager)
Ben Thatcher
Ian Walker
Ralph Ward
Keith Weller
Mark Yeates

Archived