Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Russ112112

Best away day

Impossible to pick just one but a few legendary away days that stick out in the memory (excluding Wembleys, they were all great):

Orient 80

Oldham 83

Luton 84

Coventry 84

Liverpool 84

Burton Albion 85

Millwall 85

Notts County 92

Swindon 92

Pompey 95

Villa 95

Wloves 96

Stoke 96

Wimbledon 97

Hillsborough 97

Madrid 97

Man United 98

Derby 98

Vienna 2000

Forest 2013

Strangely the only one I struggled to remember the year of was Forest 18 months ago, the rest are ingrained in my memory.

Good thread.

Some good ones.

Orient away last game of the season in 79-80, winning it to win the league and we must have had 60% of the crowd there, barely anyway paid to get in after a well known City fan who also played cricket for Leicestershire* that gives it away for the old timers lol (he also got nicked for flashing his knob at piccadilly station after after the game) opened the gates to the masses and everyone piled in without paying, the invasion of the pitch between 75-90 mins was fantastic as well. Everyone who was anyone in Leicester was in London that night and the capital was our own.

We lost 3-0 at Peterboro in about 99 but it was great as the biggest City away support ever, 9-10k fans taking over two sides of the ground (and the streakers) - you wouldnt get that now.

Watford away the 1-0 with Izzet - the start of the MON era - 6k of us down there just going mental, a proper relegation v going up side and everything on it, you had to be there to feel the tension of that one.

Fantastic, you really have read my mind with those three.

I went to Watford without a ticket on my own ( I was down in Bristol for the weekend with the Mrs and then decided last minute to go). I walked up and down the street outside the ground with a hand written sign asking for a ticket. Some kind bugger had a spare one and sold me it face value ( cheers again if you're reading.

So many good days away, unfortunately quite a few 'bad' days away as well, especially in the late 70's / early 80's.

Impossible to pick just one but a few legendary away days that stick out in the memory (excluding Wembleys, they were all great):

Orient 80

Oldham 83

Luton 84

Coventry 84

Liverpool 84

Burton Albion 85

Millwall 85

Notts County 92

Swindon 92

Pompey 95

Villa 95

Wloves 96

Stoke 96

Wimbledon 97

Hillsborough 97

Madrid 97

Man United 98

Derby 98

Vienna 2000

Forest 2013

Strangely the only one I struggled to remember the year of was Forest 18 months ago, the rest are ingrained in my memory.

Good thread.

Did you stop going for 13 years or were we just that shit????

Notts County in the zenith data semi,don't remember the year but it pissed it down, think there were about 10000 city fans stood behind the goal. Forest 2-3 comes a close 2nd and burnley 0-2 3rd.Spurs sat 4th.

God yeah, forgot that one, a fantastic night, and my brother was just in s t-shirt!!

Only been going since 09/10 season but the following stand out...

Blackpool 2-1 09/10 - Open stand in the freezing cold, scenes with a flare when Dyer bags to make it 2-0. 

Peterborough 2-1 09/10 -  Only time we've won here recently and a good victory on the old terrace!

Forest 3-2 - Knockaert last minute winner

Watford 3-0 - Sweet revenge, completely outplayed them from start to finish and top scenes when Knockaert scored.

Bournemouth, Burnley, Bolton, Huddersfield were also incredible days out last season. 

Throw in Stoke and Spurs from this season and these all stand out for me.

Only been going since 09/10 season but the following stand out...

Blackpool 2-1 09/10 - Open stand in the freezing cold, scenes with a flare when Dyer bags to make it 2-0. 

Peterborough 2-1 09/10 -  Only time we've won here recently and a good victory on the old terrace!

Forest 3-2 - Knockaert last minute winner

Watford 3-0 - Sweet revenge, completely outplayed them from start to finish and top scenes when Knockaert scored.

Bournemouth, Burnley, Bolton, Huddersfield were also incredible days out last season. 

Throw in Stoke and Spurs from this season and these all stand out for me.

YES!

Another one that stands out for me was Charlton away in the Cup, maybe 10 years ago?

Think they were PL, and we were Championship. 90th minute Dion Dublin winner sparking absolute scenes. Can't remember ever seeing my old man go so mental at a match.

Another one that stands out for me was Charlton away in the Cup, maybe 10 years ago?

Think they were PL, and we were Championship. 90th minute Dion Dublin winner sparking absolute scenes. Can't remember ever seeing my old man go so mental at a match.

Yep corking day that. 5k at The Valley, even had a bit of the sideline stands. My old man went nuts that day too!

Under Taylor, I remember us winning 1-0 at Maine Road thanks to Savage. I think we went about 3rd with the win. We went by train during the midst of a fuel storage, it was bedlam trying to get back but what a day that was.

Madrid..memories that will last forever, watching Marshall wheel away after his goal almost in disbelief considering some of the players that were on the pitch that night..surreal couple of days!

without doubt.... some of these youngsters on here don't know what they missed....we flew out from Stansted on Air France jumbo.... postcards to wolves... best trip ever

In my numerous travels to away games, I've never seen us even pick up a point...

not much better mesen. Probably seen us pick up not more than half a dozen over the years (and me staying away doesn't seem to  improve our form!) Was at Spurtz in the cup tho'  - that made up for a lot! ;)

Archived