Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Russ112112

Best away day

Always liked Grimsby in '02 for a lot of reasons including Izzet's overhead kick. Forest 3-2 in the league cup in '08 was great too. As was Huddersfield last season. Most of the aways in league one were quality too, especially Cheltenham.

not counting wembley i have only been to 4 away matches.

My first was away at Forest in the cup where we drew 0-0 and Schluup got injured right at the start of the game.

Second game was away at Blackpool in the 2011/2012 season which ended 3-3. ( I was working in Heysham at the time so went to it)

Third game was the Newcastle away game October this season which we lost 1-0 but went for a curry with Liam Moore afterwards so that was good.

And finally the Spurs game last week i got to taste the feeling of an away day victory with the fans going mental. So by far the Spurs game is to this day my best away day experience.

2-3 win over Forest at the City Ground was pretty special for the context of the occasion and the last gasp winner. Celebrations post match were amazing!

Loved the Norwich away game in the FA Cup a few seasons ago as well. 1-2 win over a premier league side and the atmosphere was really good that day. One of our best on pitch performances of the season too.

yeah the back end of last season for me, too. bolton was great cos we won the bloody league but burnley was on another level. was pretty much the perfect day and game. score half way through the first half then before anyone actually shit themselves confirm we'd win by making it 2-0 but also leaving enough time for us to thoroughly enjoy it for 15 minutes. one of them ones you just didn't want to leave. 

when we beat scunthorpe 3-0 under sven i had a right laugh, too. got completely lost coming home, vitor was a legend and that terrace was always fun. 

anfield this season on a personal level was something i'd waited a bloody long time for too, and didn't disappoint. top atmosphere, always is when there's a sense of injustice, and then to actually comeback was nuts. completely forgot i was stupidly hungover for the whole second half. 

Did anyone go to the Watford away game that was filmed for footballs hardest away days where they filmed Jobber?

I remember that one. Im not saying that it was a good game or big following, just that i might have got 10 seconds on Sky 1.

For me personally, Burnley away last season.

Nice warm weather, very loud atmosphere, 2-0 win with 2 top class goals (Wood's especially) and virtually confirmed us as Champions.

It confirmed we had a play off place. I remember afterwards a steward by the coaches actually had a blue army t shirt.

No idea how or why but he was laughing about it.

What I remember most of that day was I was as deaf as a post in my right ear but even with that we were very loud all game.

Also the Burnley fans in the pubs on the way out clapping the coaches away, knew they'd been beaten by the better side. Nice to see.

If you going to do worst away days then it's simply got to be Watford away 2012-13 season (play offs), my god that was so awful  :( Took ages to recover from that.

Cardiff still made me even more sick. Whether it's because it was my first experience of the play-offs or the fact I felt we deserved to win that night I don't know, yet at Watford I thought if Knockaert had scored it would've been utter robbery, I don't think I'd quite gotten over Forest away at the time of that game either.

Archived