Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scotch

ANOTHER CB? Aleksandar Dragovic

Sky Sports are this morning reporting that as well as Robert Huth,we are trying to secure highly rated Man Utd target Aleksandar Dragovic on a short term loan from Dynamo Kiev.

Seems like a weird one,chasing TWO centre halfs so I'm not sure how much truth is in this.

They also reported that we have approached Feyenoord over Immers.

Would be a great signing, can't see us competing with United if they really want him though. Can't see it being a similar situation to Kramaric, I think if Dragovic went to United, he'd be playing.

I think that IF it did happen,it would be more of a case of clubs preparing for bids in the summer with us loaning him until then.

I think xen is prob right though,no doubt a contingency for Huth not coming.

With upson now available what's the problem, we don't need any

Not the point I was getting at, but I'll answer anyway.

We currently have one defender with previous premier league experience, he's about 36 and been out injured since the second he arrived. There are no guarantees he's going to be fit enough or good enough now with so long out. The other options are a 34 year old we're expecting to play every game, Wes Morgan who has made his fair share of clangers and Liam Moore who has looked out of his depth fairly often this season.

I would think it's clear why we are going for another CB. We're covering our bases just in case. Injuries and suspensions can happen and without enough cover we're going to be very short in that position. People said "we don't need 5 cm's", but almost every week we seem to be missing two or three of them.

People moan about left back quality which is fair enough, but if we need to cover that position we have enough players.

A great signing if it happens even at 15 milion.  A positive at last Pearson is beginning to realise that good players can be cheap even at 15 million. look at Bony Swansea paid 12 and sold for 30 Million. It also shows were prepared to make a move to try and guarantee safety.  

With upson now available what's the problem, we don't need any

First, we need to see Upson play in a City shirt - for a prolonged period of time.

Why we can't wait? Transfer deadline day today. No more time available for another four to five months after that.

Archived