Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Without wanting to put words into col's mouth I think he is suggesting that at 34 cambiasso is not the quickest box to box and doesn't always track back quick enough.

I think that's fair. Given he is our technically most gifted footballer you would have thought we would have built a team around him, starting with 3 in midfield.

Does James, Cambiasso and a deep lying Nugent count as a three? I'm not sure

Without wanting to put words into col's mouth I think he is suggesting that at 34 cambiasso is not the quickest box to box and doesn't always track back quick enough.

I think that's fair. Given he is our technically most gifted footballer you would have thought we would have built a team around him, starting with 3 in midfield.

Does James, Cambiasso and a deep lying Nugent count as a three? I'm not sure

So perhaps Col should just stick to blaming Pearson . He says the blame lies with Pearson and then continues to pick fault with Cambiasso. Only the other week him and FIF were saying Song was so much better for West Ham at that role etc etc. Well if you watch all of our goals and the penalty back you can easily blame Song for all three things and that's playing with a three in the middle rather than just the two that Cambiasso has to.

As he said in his post above, where was James.... good question, I wish he'd ask that more than always seemingly trying to work an angle on Cambiasso to make himself correct.

So perhaps Col should just stick to blaming Pearson . He says the blame lies with Pearson and then continues to pick fault with Cambiasso. Only the other week him and FIF were saying Song was so much better for West Ham at that role etc etc. Well if you watch all of our goals and the penalty back you can easily blame Song for all three things and that's playing with a three in the middle rather than just the two that Cambiasso has to.

As he said in his post above, where was James.... good question, I wish he'd ask that more than always seemingly trying to work an angle on Cambiasso to make himself correct.

No, let me make it clear (I thought I had?)..

I have said I don't think Cambiasso has had the immense impact on this side that others do. Individually I think he's too slow and tires too easily.

I've also said I don't think Pearson supports him enough with this. By playing him in a two.

Pretty much what I've said all season.

Finally, I've said I'd play him more further forward, relinquish him of some of his defensive duties, with a player sitting behind him to cover.

People can continue to suggest I hate the player (I dont) and that this isn't a problem (I think it is).

Hope that clears up any confusion.

No, let me make it clear (I thought I had?)..

I have said I don't think Cambiasso has had the immense impact on this side that others do. Individually I think he's too slow and tires too easily.

I've also said I don't think Pearson supports him enough with this. By playing him in a two.

Pretty much what I've said all season.

Finally, I've said I'd play him more further forward, relinquish him of some of his defensive duties, with a player sitting behind him to cover.

People can continue to suggest I hate the player (I dont) and that this isn't a problem (I think it is).

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Yes. It is quite clear. You have said it 100 times! It is a reasonable position; it is pretty similar to my own. I have always felt that Hammond in behind was a great way to 'look after' Cambiasso's older legs. I do think that he has more of an impact than you give him credit for but that is where we differ and difference of opinion is ok.

The problem occurs when people on this forum want to praise him; you jump all over it and call it 'the love in' etc.. and then you stoically restate your position, usually using the passive aggressive IMO in caps. When Cambiasso has a good game you usher in some praise but it only seems to be a foil for restating, once again, what you think is wrong with his game.

Jesus, people are allowed to have a different opinion without you continuously asserting your own. We have had this debate and your opinion is not changing (and nor should it if that is what you feel) but there are some on here that don't want to debate with you and just want to say 'that was good' when it was. Fair play to them. 

So please do not state your position anymore. We all get it. 

Yes. It is quite clear. You have said it 100 times! It is a reasonable position; it is pretty similar to my own. I have always felt that Hammond in behind was a great way to 'look after' Cambiasso's older legs. I do think that he has more of an impact than you give him credit for but that is where we differ and difference of opinion is ok.

The problem occurs when people on this forum want to praise him; you jump all over it and call it 'the love in' etc.. and then you stoically restate your position, usually using the passive aggressive IMO in caps. When Cambiasso has a good game you usher in some praise but it only seems to be a foil for restating, once again, what you think is wrong with his game.

Jesus, people are allowed to have a different opinion without you continuously asserting your own. We have had this debate and your opinion is not changing (and nor should it if that is what you feel) but there are some on here that don't want to debate with you and just want to say 'that was good' when it was. Fair play to them.

So please do not state your position anymore. We all get it.

Read back through the thread Renart. You're clearly a bright chap.

If the posts aimed at 'Col says' stop, so will mine.

If I didn't feel compelled to defend my position, I wouldn't. I have no compulsion to continue any debate on Esteban unless I feel my standpoint needs to be reiterated.

I've even been banned for essentially replying to posts that are targeted my way.

People stop, I'll stop.

Again, hope that makes it clear.

Without knowing, of course, I suggest it's probable that FIF feels a similar way. And he's also been banned, I believe.

I'm so glad he is in our team. Not sure why Col City Fan hates him so much.

Col doesn't hate him. He just dug himself a hole in the summer and is resolutely refusing to clamber out of it.

He doesn't hate him, he just desperately wants to be right due to him getting a tongue lashing in the summer. The argument has been reduced to down to his legs aren't what they were and he tires easily. Which, frankly is pretty much what every man and his dog knew would be the case from day one.

think he just made an assumption before he signed that he wouldn't be up to it/wouldn't give enough of a shit/wouldn't be fit enough etc etc and is struggling to say the three simple words; "i was wrong". we've all been there. when cambiasso gets player of the season and is a huge reason why we stay up col might even say yeah it was a good signing will probably say we'd have finished top four if we'd played 3 in the middle all season and that is somehow cambiasso's fault. 

Col doesn't hate him. He just dug himself a hole in the summer and is resolutely refusing to clamber out of it.

He doesn't hate him, he just desperately wants to be right due to him getting a tongue lashing in the summer. The argument has been reduced to down to his legs aren't what they were and he tires easily. Which, frankly is pretty much what every man and his dog knew would be the case from day one.

wow great minds guys 

Renart...take heed.... catch my drift..

lol

Rise above it mate!  lol

Maybe don't respond? They will stop teasing you if you stop reacting. And I am sure that your mum will give you a cuddle when you get home.  ;)

Seriously though, the forum would be a duller place without you, and I would get a lot more work done. 

Can we get back on topic?

So, Cambiasso is the greatest living sportsman ever! How long before an Argentina recall?  :)

Why would I blame Pearson when Cambiasso is too slow to cover the opposition player closest to him?

I guess Pearson is to blame for picking him but with Drinky underperforming he doesn't have much choice.

Dropping Mahrez for Hammond is a possibility but this would have been unthinkable earlier in the season.

Cambiasso moves quicker to the crowd after a goal than he does towards an opposing attacking player.

Read back through the thread Renart. You're clearly a bright chap.

If the posts aimed at 'Col says' stop, so will mine.

If I didn't feel compelled to defend my position, I wouldn't. I have no compulsion to continue any debate on Esteban unless I feel my standpoint needs to be reiterated.

I've even been banned for essentially replying to posts that are targeted my way.

People stop, I'll stop.

Again, hope that makes it clear.

Without knowing, of course, I suggest it's probable that FIF feels a similar way. And he's also been banned, I believe.

I try to only post in this thread when I am mentioned unless I have a new point to bring in.

Why would I blame Pearson when Cambiasso is too slow to cover the opposition player closest to him?

Who said anything about you. Col on the other hand does blame Pearson (sometimes) for not playing him in a three, knowing he's not going to be able to cover like someone in his 20's.

What you did do was sing Song's praises, when you can easily point to him for being at fault for three key incidents in our game against West Ham.

Who said anything about you. Col on the other hand does blame Pearson (sometimes) for not playing him in a three, knowing he's not going to be able to cover like someone in his 20's.

What you did do was sing Song's praises, when you can easily point to him for being at fault for three key incidents in our game against West Ham.

Sorry, you included me in your rant. Perhaps just keep your monotonous fight to Col.

I mentioned how much better Song was then Cambi in the game.

Song was a higher class.

Sorry, you included me in your rant. Perhaps just keep your monotonous fight to Col.

I mentioned how much better Song was then Cambi in the game.

Song was a higher class.

Well clearly the sentences were directed at different people, Cols name means it's directed at him and your name means it's directed at you. With punctuation to break it all up.

And yet I can easily point to him being at fault for all three incidents in some manner. Well, in the same manner you and Col do about Cambiasso. ie. he let his man get away from him.

Well clearly the sentences were directed at different people, Cols name means it's directed at him and your name means it's directed at you. With punctuation to break it all up.

And yet I can easily point to him being at fault for all three incidents in some manner. Well, in the same manner you and Col do about Cambiasso. ie. he let his man get away from him.

That's your opinion and I can leave it there.

Archived