Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Presumably. I was just being daft as a diversion........ I don't quite see why Col gets the stick he does - I don't always agree with him, but an awful lot of energy seems to go into nit-picking him as a sport.

Someone somewhere pointed out that there's an awful lot of 'So what you're saying is........' goes on, which is basically putting words into others' mouths, rather than resisting the (often inaccurate) extrapolation and actually taking what was said at face value

I completely agree, and not just with Col many seem to get the same treatment.

Someone could put a good point across, or provide a sensible and intelligent counter argument with numerous facts. The post could be 5 paragraphs, and one little mistake in for example '.... 5-3 at Old Trafford.' The whole post would be ignored and the reply would be 'it was at the KP!'.

It shows 3 things to me:

That somebody is completely unwilling to accept or even acknowledge someone else's opinion.

That they realise that they're wrong and won't carry on the discussion, essentially removing or discrediting that post from the debate. Especially when someone like Col puts forward a sensible point, and someone clearly realises they're going to come out of the discusion looking childish and possible uneducated.

That because this member doesn't have 'X' amount of posts on here, their opinion is invalid.

I completely agree, and not just with Col many seem to get the same treatment.

Someone could put a good point across, or provide a sensible and intelligent counter argument with numerous facts. The post could be 5 paragraphs, and one little mistake in for example '.... 5-3 at Old Trafford.' The whole post would be ignored and the reply would be 'it was at the KP!'.

It shows 3 things to me:

That somebody is completely unwilling to accept or even acknowledge someone else's opinion.

That they realise that they're wrong and won't carry on the discussion, essentially removing or discrediting that post from the debate. Especially when someone like Col puts forward a sensible point, and someone clearly realises they're going to come out of the discusion looking childish and possible uneducated.

That because this member doesn't have 'X' amount of posts on here, their opinion is invalid.

I suspect a lot of it is because it's all been said, done and commented on before, there's very little comment that's original so an element of boredom creates the short corrective or often funny reply.

As has often been said it's a football forum and the variety of response often reflects what you'd get amongst a group of lads who been in the pub for 3 hrs and like then people shouldn't get upset or take it personally unless of course it is intentionally abusive because be aware that lots of people on here know each other and the comments that might seem unfair to you could be a friend taking the piss out of a mate.

I'm ****ing outraged. How hasn't Lee Catermole made the player of the year shortlist?

Now I wonder if that was aimed at Col?  :whistle:

Was Cambi on the player of the year shortlist? 

Col is right. I don't see why others don't get it.

Cambiasso is a good player. Is he as good as many on here make out? No.

Undoubtedly he has the pedigree, the vision and skill. But unfortunately, these days he can't carry it through a whole game. Especially the way we play him.

He often does some sublime passes, but he also often does some real suicide passes. He can really underweight a pass and put the opposition through. Sometimes putting a lot of pressure on the defence.

However, he is a good player, with lots of passion, and I'm pleased he is playing with us.

The last 3 minutes showed his class. Mahrez did their defender all ends up in the corner, went to run at goal and cambiasso just glared at him, pointed to the corner and he did the sharpest 180 degree spin ever. Then cambiasso spent 30 seconds telling the ref it was full time before he finally agreed. Then we celebrate. True pro and absolute class.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say he is the best footballer to ever visit the city of Leicester and bear in mind, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo have played here.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say my pants resemble niagra falls whenever I see him in a Leicester shirt.

Col is right. I don't see why others don't get it.

Cambiasso is a good player. Is he as good as many on here make out? No.

Undoubtedly he has the pedigree, the vision and skill. But unfortunately, these days he can't carry it through a whole game. Especially the way we play him.

He often does some sublime passes, but he also often does some real suicide passes. He can really underweight a pass and put the opposition through. Sometimes putting a lot of pressure on the defence.

However, he is a good player, with lots of passion, and I'm pleased he is playing with us.

Yeah his argument NOW is right, but his argument has changed.

Anyway, he was amazing today. Absolutely everywhere, such an influence. Yes there are faults but the benefits clearly overshadow them.

Today... Amazing.

Anyway, he was amazing today. Absolutely everywhere, such an influence. Yes there are faults but the benefits clearly overshadow them.

Today... Amazing.

A couple of dodgy passes first half, but was good otherwise. Can't be overly critical of any player today.

Today... Amazing.

A couple of dodgy passes first half, but was good otherwise. Can't be overly critical of any player today.

Today... Amazing.

Obviouslly, the evolutions of his arguements is what allows him to never be wrong.

Think I'd probably rest him against Chelsea. We're unlikely to get anything and I'd like him fresh for the important games.

:nigel:

He's going to mastermind a win.

Also, why do we not have a Cambiasso smiley  :(

Archived