Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Im beginning to worry about him lasting till the end of the season. he's not had a break since palace at home and surely at his age, playing week in week out for several months is going to take its toll ??

He's magic you know.

I don't think he needs to be rested, he looks in very good health to me... Regardless of his age!

Stay up, sign him for another year and get a player in like Song/Jedinak then our midfield will be outstandingly good!

He was absolutely quality on Saturday... Some great bit of tidying up in midfield, quick thinking on several occasions (one of which led to our first goal), a great run and ball in the build up for the second goal and much better set pieces than James'.

Im beginning to worry about him lasting till the end of the season. he's not had a break since palace at home and surely at his age, playing week in week out for several months is going to take its toll ??

My son said to me at the West Brom game that Cambiasso (who again was one of our best players) was puffing heavily after about 70 mins. And he was. Hardly surprising as James had been awful. King's energy really helped Cambiasso, we felt as it enabled him to slow down and to do what he does best. Passing the ball around.

Again though, I have to disagree with Fox 92 above in this case. I don't think Esteban was 'absolute quality' on Saturday. Like West Ham at home, there was a spell mid way through the first half where West Brom were carving us open at will. Against a better side, the game could have easily been over by half time.

But again, I think this is not so much about Cambiasso but about how we set up. Second half, we set up much better, introduced the subs at the right times and this helped our midfield to take control.

Cambiasso did some lovely things on Saturday...but 'absolute quality'? No, not for me.

My son said to me at the West Brom game that Cambiasso (who again was one of our best players) was puffing heavily after about 70 mins. And he was. Hardly surprising as James had been awful. King's energy really helped Cambiasso, we felt as it enabled him to slow down and to do what he does best. Passing the ball around.

Again though, I have to disagree with Fox 92 above in this case. I don't think Esteban was 'absolute quality' on Saturday. Like West Ham at home, there was a spell mid way through the first half where West Brom were carving us open at will. Against a better side, the game could have easily been over by half time.

But again, I think this is not so much about Cambiasso but about how we set up. Second half, we set up much better, introduced the subs at the right times and this helped our midfield to take control.

Cambiasso did some lovely things on Saturday...but 'absolute quality'? No, not for me.

afraid i also noticed on the sky rerun a few occasions first hour when we were devoid of any personnel in the centre of the pitch whilst the ball was out wide in our half. had WBA managed to string a couple of passes together, you'd have to think we might not have been able to come back. hopefully, NP has seen the advantage of a midfield three. if we dont start with three in the middle on sat against the swans, then he clearly has learned nothing.

afraid i also noticed on the sky rerun a few occasions first hour when we were devoid of any personnel in the centre of the pitch whilst the ball was out wide in our half. had WBA managed to string a couple of passes together, you'd have to think we might not have been able to come back. hopefully, NP has seen the advantage of a midfield three. if we dont start with three in the middle on sat against the swans, then he clearly has learned nothing.

The best example for me was the chance where Berahino shot (early second half) from the edge of our penalty area, rather than simply slipping the ball right to an oncoming Craig Gardner. He was in acres of space. God knows where Schlupp was? Probably coming back from making one of his forward bursts. If you watch that back, you'll see Cambiasso ambling back, miles away from Berahino, such that the gap between our defence and our midfield was huge. No idea where James was either?

These things matter.... I think that could have made it 3-1 to Brom and probably game over? Gardner would have needed to take his chance of course, but given the space he had he would have probably slotted it away.

I judge these things as much as I do nice passes and good attacking play. My belief is still that we have conceded far too many goals by having too big a gap between defence and midfield. But that's just my observation and doesn't go down well because it doesn't 'fit' with the Cambiasso love-in. But I judge both.

However and as I've often said, I think the fault lies with Pearson here. He gives Cambiasso too much work to do IMO. Cambi, playing offensively, backed up by a Dean Hammond, sitting behind him, to fill that space, would be the best way to go IMO.

Cambiasso looks a great player in the highlights but without the ball we're highly vulnerable in the middle with him as one of the two.

We need three in the middle in a 4-5-1.

We could still play Vardy on the left side and my preference would me Nugent on the right and Kramaric up top.

Against Swansea who look like they won't be playing a number nine we need to match them in midfield and Cambiasso +1 other will get over run.

Great read that - excellent storytelling, mixing two different careers together, creating a well-written and intriguing piece about how things can come together.

I wish he'd actually dig deeper and flesh it out even further - imagine, you could write a novel based on Cambiasso and Vardy's development in the past five years.

Ive been saying for ages that when Hammond played we performed really well and got some good points. I think we need to introduce him back into the team and home to Swansea may be a great game to bring him back. Our attack will have much more freedom knowing Hammond is on the pitch to protect the back 4

Kaspar

Simpson      Morgan      Huth       Konch

Hammond

Albrighton      Cambiasso       King       Schluup

Nugent/Vardy

The best example for me was the chance where Berahino shot (early second half) from the edge of our penalty area, rather than simply slipping the ball right to an oncoming Craig Gardner. He was in acres of space. God knows where Schlupp was? Probably coming back from making one of his forward bursts. If you watch that back, you'll see Cambiasso ambling back, miles away from Berahino, such that the gap between our defence and our midfield was huge. No idea where James was either?

These things matter.... I think that could have made it 3-1 to Brom and probably game over? Gardner would have needed to take his chance of course, but given the space he had he would have probably slotted it away.

I judge these things as much as I do nice passes and good attacking play. My belief is still that we have conceded far too many goals by having too big a gap between defence and midfield. But that's just my observation and doesn't go down well because it doesn't 'fit' with the Cambiasso love-in. But I judge both.

However and as I've often said, I think the fault lies with Pearson here. He gives Cambiasso too much work to do IMO. Cambi, playing offensively, backed up by a Dean Hammond, sitting behind him, to fill that space, would be the best way to go IMO.

Agree 100%.

Although I realise that he had been granted licence to push forward, Schlupp was twenty yards away barely jogging back into position. Gardner would have had an aeon to finish and probably would have sealed the game in the process. It's easy to get delirious watching City going forward and it's wonderful to see NP making positive decisions at last and playing to our strengths...the suicidal spaces at the back invite a more sobering assessment.

James has been largely anonymous all season - I think that many would welcome Hammond back into the fold as a minder to Cambiasso - particularly if reverting to three at the back and flinging everything forward is to be our signature coup de grace....park him in front.

if we dont start with three in the middle on sat against the swans, then he clearly has learned nothing.

I'd say the complete opposite, we need the link player in Nugent if we're going to do well - what you're in essence calling for is the set up against Newcastle away - 3 in the centre left the striker isolated, and the wingers got nothing. From what we've seen this season, 3 in the middle would be neutering our attack.

You're like a dog with a bone Col. Yes - we get it, you don't like Cambiasso. You set your stall out early this season with all that Cattermole stuff, and now you just seen desperate to dig the guy out at any opportunity to try and prove that you were right all along - even to the point where you're having a go at him for not having the speed to keep up with a 21 year old, lightning quick striker. If he still had the legs for that, he would be playing for a top club somewhere, not at Leicester. Yes, you're careful to throw in the occasional compliment so people don't think you're being too harsh, but it's always backed up with some related criticism. For me - and for the majority of people on this forum - he's been one of the signings of the season, and this is coming from someone who actually expected very little from him.

It's just getting a bit tiring to hear you complaining about him at any opportunity and moaning about the 'Cambiasso love in' like we're all totally blind to the bloke's limitations and you're the only one who can see them. Yes, he's not the player he was and he hasn't been perfect, but the positives have far outweighed the negatives.

Rant over.

One of best midfielders that has ever worn the shirt for city. Has true footballing ability, vision and great passion. He must have been immense in his prime.

For a 34 year old to cut it in a premiership relegation dog fight is outstanding.

I actually agree with this - he shows flashes of genius but due to his lack of legs / support from those around him, comes in and out of games

You're like a dog with a bone Col. Yes - we get it, you don't like Cambiasso. You set your stall out early this season with all that Cattermole stuff, and now you just seen desperate to dig the guy out at any opportunity to try and prove that you were right all along - even to the point where you're having a go at him for not having the speed to keep up with a 21 year old, lightning quick striker. If he still had the legs for that, he would be playing for a top club somewhere, not at Leicester. Yes, you're careful to throw in the occasional compliment so people don't think you're being too harsh, but it's always backed up with some related criticism. For me - and for the majority of people on this forum - he's been one of the signings of the season, and this is coming from someone who actually expected very little from him.

It's just getting a bit tiring to hear you complaining about him at any opportunity and moaning about the 'Cambiasso love in' like we're all totally blind to the bloke's limitations and you're the only one who can see them. Yes, he's not the player he was and he hasn't been perfect, but the positives have far outweighed the negatives.

Rant over.

Cheers for the rant Rich.

Hope that makes you feel better.

Archived