Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

I'm not sure if I was blind earlier in the season or if he's always been this good, that pass to Albrighton today looked as though he'd horribly miskicked it somehow until Albrighton appeared on the end of it

What happened was Cambiasso literally magic-ed Albrighton forward onto his pass. That's why you didn't see him til late.

Cambiasso is class. If United had him at the start of the season (when they were without Carrick) they'd be right up there, and Cambiasso would look even better pinging it about to Di Maria and the like. He's better than Carrick, and most people regard Carrick as United's brain.

Rather than imagining if we'd put Izzet in his prime in this side, can we just imagine if we'd had this Cambiasso instead of (the excellent, but not quite so excellent) Garry Parker? A midfield three of EC, Izzet and Lennon?? That's comparing like for like, and the sky would truly have been the limit.

Finally, The reason that we love him, (and I know I'm probably preaching to the converted in Col and FIF now) is that even though he could still be doing a great job for United, Arsenal, Spurs, earning better money and plaudits and even though he is playing with lesser players who don't match his speed of thought, he carries on busting his balls and looking brilliant. He has every reason not to care how our season pans out and he seems to genuinely care the most of everybody. That's why even if it's only one season, he will be a legend forever.

What a team :)

team_zps3r2pgt0p.png

Would do them all...

Anyone else remember a player getting a standing ovation for coming over to take a corner?

Love the guy, hope we somehow get another year out of him but if not, and he retires I hope (obviously) he goes out on a high

Cambiasso is class. If United had him at the start of the season (when they were without Carrick) they'd be right up there, and Cambiasso would look even better pinging it about to Di Maria and the like. He's better than Carrick, and most people regard Carrick as United's brain.

Rather than imagining if we'd put Izzet in his prime in this side, can we just imagine if we'd had this Cambiasso instead of (the excellent, but not quite so excellent) Garry Parker? A midfield three of EC, Izzet and Lennon?? That's comparing like for like, and the sky would truly have been the limit.

Finally, The reason that we love him, (and I know I'm probably preaching to the converted in Col and FIF now) is that even though he could still be doing a great job for United, Arsenal, Spurs, earning better money and plaudits and even though he is playing with lesser players who don't match his speed of thought, he carries on busting his balls and looking brilliant. He has every reason not to care how our season pans out and he seems to genuinely care the most of everybody. That's why even if it's only one season, he will be a legend forever.

Would do them all...

anyone who says they wouldnt is a liar

I'm not sure if I was blind earlier in the season or if he's always been this good, that pass to Albrighton today looked as though he'd horribly miskicked it somehow until Albrighton appeared on the end of it

If this is the pass I'm thinking of my old man summed it up when he said: "I didn't even see that from here". Even with our vantage point up in the stand he played a pass that we hadn't spotted and he was down there on the pitch in the thick of it. That's when you know you're witnessing class.

Kammy came up with a great idea on Goals on Sunday earlier, of an Old player of the season award, seeing as there is a young player award. Suggested Cambiasso would probably win it, hard to argue that.

What a legend this man is. 

He's probably the most professional player I've seen in a Leicester shirt...

That moment he ran straight over to the Swansea player to help him cos he had cramp. And then deservedly getting a round of applause for the sportsmanship. 

I just love his attitude on the pitch. 

Kammy came up with a great idea on Goals on Sunday earlier, of an Old player of the season award, seeing as there is a young player award. Suggested Cambiasso would probably win it, hard to argue that.

A City fan decision.

Hope he signs for another year, without him this year we'd be dead and buried now.

How much does he earn a week? Anyone know?

Theres an interview on the BBC website with Esteban from late March or early April,when we were 7 points adrift.

He  states we can avoid the drop and for him it would be like winning a trophy.

Not only a quality player but one wholly committed to LCFC.Topman!

Archived