Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

He was effective today. Not at his best, but did still control the tempo in the second half. We are lucky to have a player of his quality and attitude. He has every right to come here for one last pay day, but he has been an instrumental part of what has gone right this season. From the Stoke game where he changed the game when he came on at half time to last week where he was easily the best player on the pitch. We may still go down, and this season may be one to forget but he is definitely one player that should never be forgotten. 

As others have said - not quite up there with last week's barnstormer, but after his part in a collectively awful first 15 minutes, he grew into the game and was more or less everywhere again. His defensive work is under-rated: I can't believe the ground the guy covers at his age. And you have to love his passhun. :blush:

Last Saturday he scored a truly class goal.......in a week when even more extraordinary goals were scored.

That's what we are up against in the PL!

That and Nuge's against Liverpool are the two contenders for GOTS - though I fancy Vardy's today will be a popular choice too!

Some of Cambiasso's one touch passing is a joy to watch and it helps us speed through a passage of play where another player may need 2 or 3 touches. He opens up space for other players and picks them out more readily and consistently than some give him credit for. It's a sign of sheer class. We are lucky to have a player of his stature and experience in the run in - none of our other relegation rivals do and that's a cause for some optimism on our part.

I love how he was basically the puppet master of Schlupp today. The guys awareness to recieve the ball in a tight spot and manage to pass it to someone in much more space is incredible. I'm in love.

Schlupp got an awful lot of stick today in the first half, and rightly so..they were pretty much all pants if truth be told.

But the second half shows again why I think we need to keep playing the lad and how dangerous he can be.

His pace and ability to take on a full back is every bit that of a premiership player. There are very few wing backs in the division who can do that. And today, he pulled back a couple of low crosses to the edge of the area that no-one read. The issue wasn't schlupp's final ball..it was that nobody read it.

And you're spot on..the passes made by Cambiasso for Schlupp to run onto were right in his stride. Weighted beautifully to entice the full back to make the challenge which usually meant Schlupp got in behind.

Schlupp is a wing back. He has to be played as such. He isn't an orthodox full back and shouldn't be played as one.

The Cambiasso/Schlupp partnership in the second period had West Brom in all sorts of strife.

Schlupp got an awful lot of stick today in the first half, and rightly so..they were pretty much all pants if truth be told.

But the second half shows again why I think we need to keep playing the lad and how dangerous he can be.

His pace and ability to take on a full back is every bit that of a premiership player. There are very few wing backs in the division who can do that. And today, he pulled back a couple of low crosses to the edge of the area that no-one read. The issue wasn't schlupp's final ball..it was that nobody read it.

And you're spot on..the passes made by Cambiasso for Schlupp to run onto were right in his stride. Weighted beautifully to entice the full back to make the challenge which usually meant Schlupp got in behind.

Schlupp is a wing back. He has to be played as such. He isn't an orthodox full back and shouldn't be played as one.

The Cambiasso/Schlupp partnership in the second period had West Brom in all sorts of strife.

A spot on assessment. Schlupp loses concentration as a full back which he does too often. But he's still a young lad. His biggest problem is his kicking though which I just cannot understand why the Coaches don't help him more. But he's still our best left sided player which is why he has to play.

A spot on assessment. Schlupp loses concentration as a full back which he does too often. But he's still a young lad. His biggest problem is his kicking though which I just cannot understand why the Coaches don't help him more. But he's still our best left sided player which is why he has to play.

Re schlupp - I was sat in with the man city fans at the etihad and they were saying that he was the quickest player they'd seen all season, including their team. He basically got in a foot race with Navas and everyone was saying "who the **** is that?"

Just watched the match on the 'Game of the Day' on sky, after Vardy's goal, while the players are celebrating, Cambiasso goes over to the bench, clearly talking about how to play out the last few minutes.

A real professional.

I know I'm repeating myself but I am so pleased I've had the chance to see a player of his class in a Leicester shirt.

Just watched the match on the 'Game of the Day' on sky, after Vardy's goal, while the players are celebrating, Cambiasso goes over to the bench, clearly talking about how to play out the last few minutes.

A real professional.

I know I'm repeating myself but I am so pleased I've had the chance to see a player of his class in a Leicester shirt.

I can lip read - "Nigel, as soon as they restart I recommended we foul a player maybe 25 yards out, we'll put then fans through the ringer and probably concede but it will take Jeff out of the equation"

A real professional.

Was about to mention this... he is class and his passing will definitely be rrequired for us to stay up...

Re schlupp - I was sat in with the man city fans at the etihad and they were saying that he was the quickest player they'd seen all season, including their team. He basically got in a foot race with Navas and everyone was saying "who the **** is that?"

Yes his pace and strength are his biggest assets. He's potentially a great prospect and still learning, just needs to stay focused.

Today's second half performance will have done him a power of good. With Cambi's help and influence he can only get better.

Think we should all be cambiasso's against qpr and wear bold heads.

This man is classiest player sinse mancini to play for this club

He's the classiest player we've ever had play for this club.

Obviously it would never have happened, but it's a shame he wasn't here a few years ago. I'm glad I've had the chance to see a player if his calibre play in a leicester shirt, one last pay day or not the guy has been brilliant and I hope we get another season from him.

Would it be too much to wish that he at least gets a coaching job with us, maybe our next manager??

Archived