Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

I don't think he's actually that far from his prime. Mid thirties isn't that old if you haven't suffered many severe injuries, have kept yourself in good condition and don't have a game that relies on raw physical speed and power. We've really struck gold in my opinion and he could be a squad player in any side in the world as far as I'm concerned. He's better than either Gerrard or Lampard at this stage in their careers.

A bit like Andrea Pirlo.

I hope he can have 1 more year at this level because we could be a pretty handy team next year now we have a year worth of experience and will have another chance to invest.

Currently getting smashed in town.

Cambiasso (and King) were absolutely immense today. Faultless in fact.

To play like that against Swansea's midfield is actually awesome.

Dead dead chuffed. We all think we're staying up.

Over and out..

You forgot Drinky.

He was immense when he came on.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but he missed a proper pre season so it's going to be a tricky campaign for him, fitness wise.

Let's not get carried away re 'better than Gerard or lampard'. He is absolute quality but his legs are gone re any real pace and he cannot sustain a strong run with the ball for more than 5 yards or so. However, his ability compensates. Indeed the most able player to pull on the blue shirt for many a year. I hope the others are learning from him.they won't get a better teacher.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but he missed a proper pre season so it's going to be a tricky campaign for him, fitness wise.

Let's not get carried away re 'better than Gerard or lampard'. He is absolute quality but his legs are gone re any real pace and he cannot sustain a strong run with the ball for more than 5 yards or so. However, his ability compensates. Indeed the most able player to pull on the blue shirt for many a year. I hope the others are learning from him.they won't get a better teacher.

But enough about Gerrard and Lampard, what about the bald wizard?

He is better than Gerrard and Lampard... certainly achieved way more

Cambiasso gets my vote for premiership player of the season if we stay up, forget the usual suspects from the top 4, this guy is truly exceptional. His vision and mastery of the game is at times from another planet. I just hope we can keep him for another year and he becomes our captain and then our next manager! I can't think of a better player to put on a Leicester shirt for the last 30 years. 

You'd probably think I'm crazy but I think he could still do a job for Argentina. Him and Mascherano would absolutely set attack after attack for Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Di Maria, Higauin...etc. They actually are light of players in the centre of midfield. 

He really is brilliant. He sees things so far in advance of his team mates it's funny. There was an up and under pass out wide to Albrighton in the first half which I would never have seen coming had you given me all day to consider his options. You can see him actively coaching the other players through the game. There was a passage of play early in the second half during which he was pointing players to the pass they should make. They listened, too. Captain in all but name and I'm sure he'll stick around if we stay up.

He really is brilliant. He sees things so far in advance of his team mates it's funny. There was an up and under pass out wide to Albrighton in the first half which I would never have seen coming had you given me all day to consider his options. You can see him actively coaching the other players through the game. There was a passage of play early in the second half during which he was pointing players to the pass they should make. They listened, too. Captain in all but name and I'm sure he'll stick around if we stay up.

I groaned as if he had given the ball away. I'm pretty sure Cambiasso has the power to move players towards the ball, rather than move the ball towards them. The weight on that pass was beyond sublime. 

Archived