Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Don't just pick up on this one point Babs. The post was written in its entirety.

We've found our full back isolated many times this season. Delaet being probably the best example. But that was a minor point.

Of course Jeff was at error..that doesn't excuse Nolan being untracked or Kouyate again finding himself in tons of space to hit the post. If he would have scored then, the outcome would likely have been different I suspect.

My main point being that these are examples of midfield players. Well where, in those scenarios, we're ours?

Watch the Nolan chance, James is the player not tracking.

The goal where Schlupp is caught under the ball comes from the opposite flank but no reasonable person would expect a midfield to be covering a player in the box from a lofted cross. The goal we conceded was due to rank bad defending from Schlupp, not the midfield, not any tactical oversight nor the lack of Hammond, it was simply due to Schlupp being caught underneath the ball.

Don't just pick up on this one point Babs. The post was written in its entirety.

We've found our full back isolated many times this season. Delaet being probably the best example. But that was a minor point.

Of course Jeff was at error..that doesn't excuse Nolan being untracked or Kouyate again finding himself in tons of space to hit the post. If he would have scored then, the outcome would likely have been different I suspect.

My main point being that these are examples of midfield players. Well where, in those scenarios, we're ours?

Where were theirs when Cambiasso scored? Well Song was stood behind him and did feck all about him.

Where were theirs when we got the penno? Song was behind Ulloa.

Where were theirs when King scored? Well Song let Cambiasso and Albrighton get the ball in

Shall I sit here and say that's all Song's fault, or would that just be stupid to point out one player and say it's his fault the other 10 players on the pitch also weren't doing there job.  But, again. That's what you're doing with Cambiasso, it's boring and unfair.

Some people just love to moan about anything they can pick up on regarding Esteban simply to go against the grain, bit sad really. :thumbup:

Again, there is no need. I'm not sad, I'm simply expressing an opinion. I've not accused anyone of being sad for expressing an alternative either. And again, there is no consistency amongst the mods regarding which posts detract from the debate, in favour of getting 'personal' and which don't.

One of the main reasons why I'm posting less really. This notion of an almost playground mentality on the forum unfortunately continues. FIF has been slammed, by some for simply going against the grain. Pounced upon, by some.

We don't always share the same love of players. Cest la vie.

I am just bumping this thread back up again just to give Col a chance to add his two-penneth as I am not sure that we all know what he thinks on the subject  :thumbup:

Work away mate; I really want to know what you think!

I am just bumping this thread back up again just to give Col a chance to add his two-penneth as I am not sure that we all know what he thinks on the subject :thumbup:

Work away mate; I really want to know what you think!

I expect better of you than nonsense mate.

:thumbup:

Cmon...try a bit

Cambiasso has been excellent this season… BUT Col is right.

The midfield has been our problem area due to lack of numbers in there.

Cambi is 34, and has already had to be subbed this season because he’s been ‘fatigued’. We have lost almost every possession battle in midfield, and have conceded countless goals due to opposition midfield players simply having the time and space to have cup of tea and then pick out a pass to a forward player to score.

Also, playing only 2 in CM usually means we don’t have the numbers to support the attack. Andy King’s goal on Saturday was a perfect example of what we have been missing all season – ie, a midfield player getting forward in advance of the strikers.  With 2 CMs on the pitch (which has been most of the season) that goal just wouldn’t have happened cos we need 2  CMs a bit deeper to cover a counter-attack.

Had we had a Cattermole-ish player (eg Hammond)  and James/Cambi in CM this season, I feel certain we would have done a lot better.

Honestly he is the best player I have ever seen in my time as a leicester fan. His vision is unbelievable,the way he plays first touch passes is class. He is constantly scanning so when the ball comes to him he can play quick. Can anyone tell me a better player we have had in the last 25 years?

Honestly he is the best player I have ever seen in my time as a leicester fan. His vision is unbelievable,the way he plays first touch passes is class. He is constantly scanning so when the ball comes to him he can play quick. Can anyone tell me a better player we have had in the last 25 years?

All depends whether you mean NOW or at his best?

At his best, Cambiasso is the best player to have ever played for City, I suspect.

Now...i'd take Lennon, Heskey, Izzett or even Claridge in a heartbeat. All four had far more of an impact on how City plays than Cambiasso. As he is NOW.

At his best, Cambiasso is the best player to have ever played for City, I suspect.

Now...i'd take Lennon, Heskey, Izzett or even Claridge in a heartbeat. All four had far more of an impact on how City plays than Cambiasso. As he is NOW.

I think Claridge might be pushing it a bit.

hmmm. Col, I am not one of the 'youth' that you are referring to and I am still not sure that you are right or whether this is a fair comparison. I would dismiss Claridge and Heskey from that list immediately (not to take away from their obvious abilities). Also, you are not comparing like-for-like; maybe the only one you might be able to compare with Camby is Muzzy; however, and this is a big however, you would have to put him in this team and see how he played. MON played a certain style and had a team that could rely on each other. The fact that you have named 4 players from the same team (ish) speaks volumes. When you can rely on those around you then you look better. Cambiasso is able to show his worth in a team that is, frankly, struggling. If you put Izzet in this team then he would look less good and, equally, if you put Cambiasso in the best MON team then he would look better. 

Mancini must be up there. Only played a few games though when we had some kind of agreement that joined us with inter milan. Lasted about a month and then never got another player again and mancini went back.

Lineker obviously got to be up there and 2 of the best keepers ever.

Guest Mee-9

Did you never see Kermorgant play?!

hmmm. Col, I am not one of the 'youth' that you are referring to and I am still not sure that you are right or whether this is a fair comparison. I would dismiss Claridge and Heskey from that list immediately (not to take away from their obvious abilities). Also, you are not comparing like-for-like; maybe the only one you might be able to compare with Camby is Muzzy; however, and this is a big however, you would have to put him in this team and see how he played. MON played a certain style and had a team that could rely on each other. The fact that you have named 4 players from the same team (ish) speaks volumes. When you can rely on those around you then you look better. Cambiasso is able to show his worth in a team that is, frankly, struggling. If you put Izzet in this team then he would look less good and, equally, if you put Cambiasso in the best MON team then he would look better.

Spot on. Silly to compare

Archived