Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Danny Simpson

wow people are going over the top. He's a decent player. Just made a mistake today which all defenders do. Everyone wanted him when De Laet was playing.

No they really aren't. He's been awful for a few games running now. United,Stoke, Palace and today. It's not scapegoating, he's genuinely been that bad.

wow people are going over the top. He's a decent player. Just made a mistake today which all defenders do. Everyone wanted him when De Laet was playing.

Because we'd not seen him play and assumed that someone who we'd gone out and bought would hopefully be an improvement on De Laet, and he isn't. De Laet is far from faultless but he's a better player than Simpson.

To be honest our full-back options are a complete joke.

Seen a few semi competent performances from Simpson but recently he's been dire. DeLaet on the naughty step with Hamer, Albrighton, Knockaert and Ulloa?

What those who are at the same time NFP apologists and 'Danny-Simpson-is-shilo' proponents on here (and I susupect there are many) have to consider is: who paid 2m fvckin' quid for him?

BLUE ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What those who are at the same time NFP apologists and 'Danny-Simpson-is-shilo' proponents on here (and I susupect there are many) have to consider is: who paid 2m fvckin' quid for him?

Every manager makes the odd mistake with signings, so this thinly veiled Pearson out argument holds no ground unless you can name a manager who has never made a bad signing.

You get what you pay for. 2 million is probably the going rate for a half decent Championship full back these days.

Cambiasso is quite clearly better than what we have. 

If we're judging our midfielders on how many pointless balls they can try every match and how easy it is to run past them then yeah, he's easily our best. Only match where I've actually been really impressed by him has been Arsenal, every other match he's been mediocre bar the occasional wonder pass.

If we're judging our midfielders on how many pointless balls they can try every match and how easy it is to run past them then yeah, he's easily our best. Only match where I've actually been really impressed by him has been Arsenal, every other match he's been mediocre bar the occasional wonder pass.

Never, have I seen a player so overrated by so many for so long.

Every manager makes the odd mistake with signings, so this thinly veiled Pearson out argument holds no ground unless you can name a manager who has never made a bad signing.

It isn't thinly veiled - it's a full on entreaty. There are myriad water-tight grounds for demanding the exit of NFP, c/f tactical ineptitude; selectorially biased; believing that a side full of average Championship players could ever survive in the Prem; personality disorders; arriving in February with near on two thirds of the season gone, and still doesn't know his best XI; arrogance to shame Hitler - all crimes against football, and there's more. But the OP was re Simpson, so I thought I'd keep it relevant.

You get what you pay for. 2 million is probably the going rate for a half decent Championship full back these days.

So why buy him to play amongst the elite in the Prem?

It isn't thinly veiled - it's a full on entreaty. There are myriad water-tight grounds for demanding the exit of NFP, c/f tactical ineptitude; selectorially biased; believing that a side full of average Championship players could ever survive in the Prem; personality disorders; arriving in February with near on two thirds of the season gone, and still doesn't know his best XI; arrogance to shame Hitler - all crimes against football, and there's more. But the OP was re Simpson, so I thought I'd keep it relevant.

So why buy him to play amongst the elite in the Prem?

Oh shut up

Oh shut up

Brilliant chap! Brilliant! I've been waiting most of my life for someone as erudite as you you to make a fool of me like that. 3.28? Did you wag off early today or do ESN not have to go in on Mondays?

Brilliant chap! Brilliant! I've been waiting most of my life for someone as erudite as you you to make a fool of me like that. 3.28? Did you wag off early today or do ESN not have to go in on Mondays?

Look at what it was replying to

Absolute nonsense, borne out by facts

If he can get a side full of average Championship players to amass 102 points in said league then we're probably best off keeping him for next season...

Well, there is a reason that LCFC gained a creditable total last season of course, and my theory is (as unpopular on here as it may be) that NFP had a lot less to do with it than is commonly given credence. 

Archived