Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Danny Simpson

Pearson couldn't wait to drop De Laet but he's taking his time to drop this ****ing donkey.

That's not true. De Laet had been poor for ages, and Simpson only came in when De Laet was unavailable through illness/injury. Simpson played well when he first came in and rightly kept his place. He's now well out of form, and considering the present system, it's probably time for De Laet to come back in as he's much better going forward.

People forget that De Laet was making error after error too and looking incredibly nervous on the ball. Unfortunately the reality is that we have two pretty rubbish right backs for this level, neither of them are up to it.

I for one have criticised RDL a lot in the past for his positional sense BUT Simpson I thought couldn't be any worse.

Just goes to show I was wrong. He doesn't go as far forward so I thought - yes, he is a defender who defends...

Sadly the last bit seems somewhat lacking too. Bit like Morgan. But you know who won't drop 'em.

Pearson couldn't wait to drop De Laet but he's taking his time to drop this ****ing donkey.

What?

People on here have been blithering about Pearson not dropping De Laet from the second Simpson arrived. With the famous "he can't do much worse" trotted out (like it is about everything else).

What?

People on here have been blithering about Pearson not dropping De Laet from the second Simpson arrived. With the famous "he can't do much worse" trotted out (like it is about everything else).

Dead right. And Simpson has proven worse than RDL IMO.

Both are suspect defensively. But RDL is much better than Simpson coming forward with the ball.

Got to say that although I prefer De Laet and always have, I didn't think Simpson was as poor as some suggested he was v Everton. Just his usual performance for me. Fairly solid but unspectacular. Upson and Konchesky both had worse games

Got to say that although I prefer De Laet and always have, I didn't think Simpson was as poor as some suggested he was v Everton. Just his usual performance for me. Fairly solid but unspectacular. Upson and Konchesky both had worse games

It's his distribution it's absolutely awful. So many times we'd get into promising positions, he'd touch the ball and it would end up back with the opposition.

Babs has this right. It's coming forward where Simmo has a problem. He's quick enough but his distribution of the ball is bloody awful.

When playing a 5-4-1 you need full backs who overlap effectively to link up play.

This team is really poor in that respect, on both sides.

Babs has this right. It's coming forward where Simmo has a problem. He's quick enough but his distribution of the ball is bloody awful.

When playing a 5-4-1 you need full backs who overlap effectively to link up play.

This team is really poor in that respect, on both sides.

You suggesting his defensively good? He is dreadful. Good defending means sometimes making a tackle and putting a foot in. You can't just jockey all the time. He runs back faster than the person is running at him when being attacked. Against Zaha I thought he was honestly going to end up in his own net before making a challenge at times.

Bacuna had a bit more class, but Simpson just opened it right up for him inside. He cannot defend at all.

Am I the only one who thinks he's a lot more solid than RDL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De Laet got a bit scapegoated early on in the season for me. Much like Morgan has been. I think Simpson's alright but if De Laet let Bacuna come across him like Simpson did he'd be hammered.

De Laet > Simpson

No. Much better defensive wise because he can keep his position.

If you mean keep his position as in stands on the halfway line when we attack then that is pretty pointless when playing a wing back. His actual defensive ability is dreadful though, certainly no better than De Laet's. De Laet has a tendancy to dive into tackles and commit himself, but I prefer that to the way Simpson just backs off as far as he can and doesn't make a challenge. There is a reason QPR (who were worse than us last year) were happy to let him go. 

No. Much better defensive wise because he can keep his position.

The only reason he can 'keep his position' is because he doesn't ****ing move.

He is like the right back version of Stephen (Never leave the Centre circle) Clemence.

For me, Simpson has had the worst defensive performance of any player this season. Against palace, i was unpleasantly reminisced of Kebe vs Mcgivern. God it was horrible.

Then to top it all off. At Villa he made the worst individual defensive mistake of any player this season. Leandro Bacuna is right footed, about 15 yards out, no support to his left....so why on earth would you decide to run to your right? Leaving him a free shot on target. Clueless.

He seems a likeable lad. Put de laet offers more in both directions for me.

Not that long ago RDL was shite and should not play and everyone wanted Simpson in.

Now Simpson is shite RDL should play.

What happens if RDL comes back and is shite again?

We've just got two pretty shite RBs (not to mention LBs) for this level.

if we are going to play 4 at the back then Simpson has to play for me as he is better then De Laet at defending, with wing backs then RDL as Simpson offers very little going forward

Not that long ago RDL was shite and should not play and everyone wanted Simpson in.

Now Simpson is shite RDL should play.

What happens if RDL comes back and is shite again?

I think they're probably both shite, but Simpson's shiteness is more exposed in a 5-4-1 and De-Laet's in a 4-4-2.

Archived