Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Danny Simpson

My cousin has a well balanced view on football except for one serious failing, he is a diehard QPR fan, but to be fair was born in that neck of the woods. (so was I but saw the light)

Has watched QPR since before the Joe Waters game, he says that Danny Simpson was probably the worst fullback he has ever seen play for his team. Was cock-a-hoop when we bought him. Couldn't wait to ring me.

Nothing personal, accepts he gave his all, just said he couldn't tackle, couldn't go forward and often out of position, otherwise okay! I was obviously prepared to give DS a fair crack of the whip when he signed for us, but his performances have deteriorated and he needs a rest.

De Laet IMO a much better option. His defending can be suspect, but going forward is superb as a fullback. We can't keep a clean sheet, so I think need to go down the Kevin Keegan route and just try to outscore the opposition, starting Wednesday.

We've just got two pretty shite RBs (not to mention LBs) for this level.

I think they're probably both shite, but Simpson's shiteness is more exposed in a 5-4-1 and De-Laet's in a 4-4-2.

I understand both points.

But mine was praps not so clear.

As we can't replace either are we going to have this moaning every week.

And If RDL gets the not for City and is shite will we want Simpson back.

De Laet was fantastic last season. Deserves a go now.

No one deserves anything because of last season that thinking by Nige and most on here is why we are bottom.

90% of last season side have proved they are not good enough this season in the prem.

Lets just hope if we do stay up Nige and people are not thinking second season they will be better and will have learn't from this season.

I think Simpson has been alright. He was decent whilst playing in the 442 formation but since we have changed our shape and go with the wing backs he has struggled more. I think that is to with his game, he's seems more comfortable as a steady, stay-at-home right back and doesn't offer as much going forward as De Laet. 

De Laet going back in now would probably be best for the team as he poses a greater attacking threat and wouldn't struggle as much with the extra CB inside him, as he did earlier in the season.

I would pick De Laet over Simpson in a 4 or 5. Simpson is so limited as a footballer. Don't buy that he is more solidly defensively than RDL either. He was not good enough for QPR, so no surprise that he has not been up to it for us. His off field antics also make me question whether he is the sort of person I want representing the club.

Simpson is the more disciplined player but his problem is he is slow.  Consequently, he backs off his winger and gives him too much room as happened for the Villa winning goal in the cup.

De Laet has speed so he gets forward better and can recover sometimes when he is beaten.  He is taller so he wins more headers.  His problems are positioning, ball watching and lapses of concentration.  The winger loses him too easily.

Like the QPR fan, I don't rate Simpson at all.

De laet is very suspect defensively so playing him slightly higher up the pitch as a wing back should suit him. With the extra centre back there to help him out if needed. Simpson is just crap defending or attacking so it's De laet for me in a 352 system.

I find this thread funny. Only a few months ago everyone was crying out for Simpson.

Now hopefully everyone can see why QPR got rid, he is not great defensively, offers very little coming forward and is not disciplined, how many times has he picked up/gave away silly fouls/yellow cards?

Danny Simpson reckons we've turned a corner in the fight against relegation.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/simpson-weve-turned-a-corner-2310866.aspx

What's that corner then? The one back down to championship?!

Just shut the **** up! I don't wanna hear or read the bullshit! Do the talking on the pitch instead of giving the sound bites out.

Don't then, literally don't click on anything to do with LCFC; it seems to make you irate, and there is no need to get so upset.

Matt, seriously mate, what do you expect? They are asked questions and have to give answers. If they were honest and said "we're shit, fvck it, no point in playing" would you be happy with that? They have to give stock cliches like trying hard, not giving up, still hope because they'd be accused of throwing the towel in if they said they are relegated already.

I can't help seeing the headline when I click on certain apps or go on certain sports/football sites, I had to click on the link just to have a little ironic giggle, despite me coming across as irate.

As for do I expect them to say? Nothing would be nice, I've mentioned it before and know you've disagreed with me but I'll say it again you don't see or hear half as much from the players when we are doing well as you said they come out with cliches, players interviews give you no insight or information whatsoever I don't really see the point in them, a manager interview that's different you get abit of an insight and information from that.

I can't help seeing the headline when I click on certain apps or go on certain sports/football sites, I had to click on the link just to have a little ironic giggle, despite me coming across as irate.

As for do I expect them to say? Nothing would be nice, I've mentioned it before and know you've disagreed with me but I'll say it again you don't see or hear half as much from the players when we are doing well as you said they come out with cliches, players interviews give you no insight or information whatsoever I don't really see the point in them, a manager interview that's different you get abit of an insight and information from that.

They're done because the club website needs content, as does the local paper and the matchday programme. 

Stringer don't lol lol lol

Despite how ****ing shit he is, I still expect Pearson to keep him in the team tonight.

Would be quite laughable really, considering how many goals he's been at fault for in recent games.

Can't wait to watch him back off Aguero, Silva and Nasri.

• 2 months later...

Archived