Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
dayday

Tactical Nigel...3 centre backs- against 11 goal Villa

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think that he was using todays game as a chance to practice the new formation ahead of the more important league matches ahead...

 

I can see us keeping 5 at the back for the remainder of the season and switch to 442 if we're chasing the game

Posted

Club captain who spends most of the time on the deck and Danny Simpson (poor mans robbie neilson) stay on the field and we take Wasyl off. Nigel is a genius.

Posted

He'd have been ripped apart on here for changing the side that did so brilliantly against Arsenal.

 

 

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

 

Wish these knobs would shut up and educate themselves before they inflict these threads on us.

Posted

tactics were again not the problem, it's the personnel. huth in for morgan, probably de laet for simpson and this is a formation that will work. 

 

no formation would've worked with the amount of times we needlessly gave the ball away. 

Posted

It worked well against Arsenal. It worked very, very well. That being the case how was it so obvious to you or anyone else that it wouldn't work against Villa?

 

Pearson's got it wrong at times with the line up this season but I don't he was unreasonable in thinking we could repeat what we did on Tuesday.

 

 

tactics were again not the problem, it's the personnel. huth in for morgan, probably de laet for simpson and this is a formation that will work. 

 

no formation would've worked with the amount of times we needlessly gave the ball away. 

 

This is my view too. The system we employed was a reasonable one to go with as we already knew it could work. The difference was that the quality of our passing dropped immensely.

 

I've not given up on this formation yet, if the players can kick it to each other more often than not it can work.

Posted

I think that he was using todays game as a chance to practice the new formation ahead of the more important league matches ahead...

I can see us keeping 5 at the back for the remainder of the season and switch to 442 if we're chasing the game

Yeah **** you 6,500 Leicester fans we are experimenting today,Wtf

Posted

He'd have been ripped apart on here for changing the side that did so brilliantly against Villa.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Wish these knobs would shut up and educate themselves before they inflict these threads on us.

You are one angry young man. Have a drink mate if your old enough!

Posted

I genuinely think a Baked Potato would be more tactically astute than Pearson.

Posted

He'd have been ripped apart on here for changing the side that did so brilliantly against Arsenal.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Wish these knobs would shut up and educate themselves before they inflict these threads on us.

Oh not you again I'm sure you stalk me every time I post,get your head out of your balls and talk some sense for a change

Posted

tactics were again not the problem, it's the personnel. huth in for morgan, probably de laet for simpson and this is a formation that will work. 

 

no formation would've worked with the amount of times we needlessly gave the ball away. 

 

Good call,

 With 3 centre backs, the wing back need to be attacking, ie RDL and Albrighton, more pace and flair, not Simpson and Konch who can t attack and cross a ball and are more defensive. Under MoN Guppy was a wing back

Posted

He'd have been ripped apart on here for changing the side that did so brilliantly against Arsenal.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Wish these knobs would shut up and educate themselves before they inflict these threads on us.

Not by me.

He should be ripped apart for using the same tactics today.

He should 'be dammed' for today's diabolical tactics.

End of

Posted

Yeah **** you 6,500 Leicester fans we are experimenting today,Wtf

 

I wasn't one of the 6500, as I never go to any away matches and actually choose to not bother going to the home games..

 

The FA cup is meaningless in modern football so in a way I agree with what Pearson has done today (formation-wise)

Posted

It worked well against Arsenal. It worked very, very well. That being the case how was it so obvious to you or anyone else that it wouldn't work against Villa?

Pearson's got it wrong at times with the line up this season but I don't he was unreasonable in thinking we could repeat what we did on Tuesday.

This is my view too. The system we employed was a reasonable one to go with as we already knew it could work. The difference was that the quality of our passing dropped immensely.

I've not given up on this formation yet, if the players can kick it to each other more often than not it can work.

NO YOU ARE VERY WRONG

Tactics appalling

(Imo)

Posted

tactics were again not the problem, it's the personnel. huth in for morgan, probably de laet for simpson and this is a formation that will work.

no formation would've worked with the amount of times we needlessly gave the ball away.

We gave the ball away because we were under constant pressure,it was crying out for another midfielder,nothing else.

Geez if the manager cannot see what thousands can,begs the question what is he watching?

Posted

I think that he was using todays game as a chance to practice the new formation ahead of the more important league matches ahead...

 

I can see us keeping 5 at the back for the remainder of the season and switch to 442 if we're chasing the game

I agree with this. if given doesn't make that save could have been different. Fine margins again but I don't think he has the personnel right, especially against a goal shy villa. We could have been more attack minded with more progressive players.

Posted

We gave the ball away because we were under constant pressure,it was crying out for another midfielder,nothing else.

Geez if the manager cannot see what thousands can,begs the question what is he watching?

 

yet when we played one of the best midfields in the country just 5 days ago we didn't give the ball away much at all? we gave the ball away because our best passer had a huge off day, cambiasso's inability to pass for an hour or so today was nothing to do with pearson's tactics. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...