Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Broncos will come to regret being so close to the end zone twice and coming away with no touchdowns

Plus needless penalties, you'd think... but then again Carolina keep turning over the football.

Denver were so lucky on that punt return mind... He should of called for a fair catch and was fortunate the guys around him didn't realise he hadn't and took the opportunity to nail him.

Both teams have great defenses, but still, this is a poor advertisement for American football. Newton has missed several open receivers and Manning's interception was atrocious

Good defensive teams, rank 1 and 2 in the league in defense

Ok, so these are the best teams this year? Doesn't say much for the rest, this is amateur football!

Good defensive teams, rank 1 and 2 in the league in defense

But there's a lot of basic mistakes going on.

Best defences normally benefit from a decent offense too - otherwise they're on the field too much, but we've not really seen anything from either offense.

As I say that... decent play there

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

Awful. Coldplay may as well have just sent a CD of their songs rather than turn up.

The dance off bit between Beyonce and Bruno was the best bit.

I do feel sorry for Mark Ronson though. Everyone in America thinks Uptown Funk is a Bruno Mars song and they have no idea who he is or that he wrote it!

I couldn't work out if they were signing live badly, or they hadn't put the backing track on a high enough volume... but decided either way, it was a bit shit.

Beyoncé and Bruno also did a disservice to there previously excellent half time shows, they weren't a patch on what they'd produced precociously (now THEY were half time shows)

As for the Superbowl I think Carolina have to be considered favourites but I would still take a great defence over a great offence in the playoffs. Ultimately, I think the Panthers offensive line decides the game. If they hold up I don’t think Denver can score enough – I just suspect they won’t. Broncos will come through to win the big one in Peyton’s last ever game.

Just leaving this prediction here. Always knew Von Miller would have Cam's number. Fantastic performance. CHAMPIONS!!!

Saw that

On the last couple of Bowls I watched Denver were involved and I'd wanted them to win but this time I was watching more of Carolina just because of the links in the media to our lot

Thought Carolina were awful. Their quarter back held the thing too long when he did throw the egg it rarely stuck, mostly going out of play in an emergency or hitting nothing. Defensively they were alot more fragile than Denver and they gave too many faults in play, dropped balls and made unnecessary and stupid fouls for no gain. Denver didnt have to do much special, defence was solid and they were the more clinical and clear but Manning didnt win the game on his own as QBs often do in that sport.

Rum was drank and no shits were given, if this is an omen for our own pursuits I drastically suggest otherwise. The Panthers were the only thing getting pounded out there tonight.

All I keep thinking is how much the Panthers are like Leicester underdogs all the way 66/1 at the start of the season go into the final as favourites and then the old guard boss them and beat them to the title. Lets hope we go one step better than our 'best friends across the pond'.

Edited by goose2010

All I keep thinking is how much the Panthers are like Leicester underdogs all the way 66/1 at the start of the season go into the final as favourites and then the old guard boss them and beat them to the title. Lets hope we go one step better than our 'best friends across the pond'.

Cam Newton pussed out of recovering a game deciding fumble because he's an absolute preening queen.

Can you imagine any of our lot doing that?

His heart wasn't in it from his first sacking. No bollocks at all. If there's one thing we've got in spades it's guts.

Edited by Finnegan

Cam Newton pussed out of recovering a game deciding fumble because he's an absolute preening queen.

Can you imagine any of our lot doing that?

His heart wasn't in it from his first sacking. No bollocks at all. If there's one thing we've got in spades it's guts.

Cam is great when everything is going right but he might be the least clutch QB in the league. He's like the anti-Russell Wilson.

I remembered Cam getting absolutely destroyed by Von Miller in our last game against them back in 2012 and I think almost every member of the Broncos defense did Cam's superman celebration at some point in the game. Looking back he probably played better in that game than last night but even back then it was obvious he had not bottle.

Cam Newton 21/36, 241 yards, 2TD, 2INT, 1FUM, 7 Sacks, 5.9 QBR.

Anyone think Cam might end up as this generations Peyton Manning (Regular season stats, MVP's) to Russell Wilson's Tom Brady (all the rings)?

Last night was a defensive masterclass by both teams.

The Broncos defense put on one of the most pummeling performances of the entire season, making the most mobile, fleet-footed QB in the entire league look downright pedestrian. 

Manning is a shell of his former self, and should retire. Newton should spend the off-season re-evaluating his attitude. I love the swagger, but the acquisition of humility in the face of defeat and testicular fortitude is ongoing. 

Last night was a defensive masterclass by both teams.

The Broncos defense put on one of the most pummeling performances of the entire season, making the most mobile, fleet-footed QB in the entire league look downright pedestrian. 

Manning is a shell of his former self, and should retire. Newton should spend the off-season re-evaluating his attitude. I love the swagger, but the acquisition of humility in the face of defeat and testicular fortitude is ongoing. 

It has been a bit sad watching Peyton this season and he will surely retire now. At times, you can still see glimpses of the old Manning magic but those moments are overshadowed by over throwing every deep route, bizarre interceptions, fumbles and happy feet. Still, he went out on top, and if it wasn’t for Peyton coming in an leading that drive vs Kansas we might not even have made the playoffs.

Does Cam still do that thing where he sticks the towel over his head when they are losing? Haven’t seen it in a while but then again Carolina haven’t really lost much recently!

It has been a bit sad watching Peyton this season and he will surely retire now. At times, you can still see glimpses of the old Manning magic but those moments are overshadowed by over throwing every deep route, bizarre interceptions, fumbles and happy feet. Still, he went out on top, and if it wasn’t for Peyton coming in an leading that drive vs Kansas we might not even have made the playoffs.

Does Cam still do that thing where he sticks the towel over his head when they are losing? Haven’t seen it in a while but then again Carolina haven’t really lost much recently!

It was definitely on full display last night! Did you see him walk out of the presser after the game?